“Great Staff” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
st paul
“Great Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

Newer property. Front desk staff embodies the "Can-do" spirit I hope to find in Hilton hotels. Clean, nice breakfast, good internet, cozy room - all was well. A little far from Salt Lake, but overall - Thanks for a good stay. All is well.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton

GabeGarn, General Manager at Home2 Suites By Hilton, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
Thank you for choosing Hilton properties we love your loyalty. I do have a great front desk staff and it makes both me and them very happy when they get recognized in such a public way. Thank you for staying with us and we hope the next time you need to stay in Layton we get to have you back.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Ogden, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2013

I enjoyed the staff's friendly attitude and willingness to get us anything we needed. The room was great, with several 'green' features, including soap and shampoo dispensers in the shower. Very soft sheets. A great getaway from the kids for the night. Would recommend to all. I will be back. Thank you.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton

Thank you so much for choosing us and for taking the time to write a great review. Thank you for recognizing the staffs willing attitude. We love to serve and being able to meet great people like you makes the job so fun. I am glad you enjoyed the room and the sheets. Thank you again and we hope you come back soon.
Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

We were pleasantly surprised during our stay. Extended stay hotels can often be quite bland; Home2 really felt like being at home.
The rooms are spacious, clean, and well designed. The in-room kitchen is well equipped, the shower is hot, the sheets are soft.
The saline pool is amazing! We had a great time relaxing and playing in the pol/hot tub area; we can't wait to come back in summer and utilize the patio and BBQ.
Breakfast was great. There was cereal for the kids and an oatmeal bar with tons of variety for us, among other options. We were particularly fond of juice and hot coffee available all day.
If the amenities aren't enough, the staff at Home2 is competent and welcoming. The desk attendants remembered our kids' names and greeted us each time we left or returned. Check-in was quick and easy. The housekeeping staff was great about changing our linens on a day they weren't scheduled to do so. Even the General Manager took an interest in our visit and personally made sure our stay was perfect and that we knew the local attractions and restaurants.
If you're looking for a place to stay, even for a night, between Ogden and Salt Lake, Home2 is the best--we plan on many more stays!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
GabeGarn, General Manager at Home2 Suites By Hilton, responded to this review, December 13, 2013
Thank you for coming to experience our hotel. It sounds like you experienced many of the great components that make our hotel unique and special. Thank you for the kind words you said about my staff and me. I also look forward to future visits and thank you for writing such a great review.
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

Hotel was clean and quiet; Staff was friendly. I would definitely stay again. The hotel was convenient to my work location; It was across the street from the Hilton Garden Inn and acted as an overflow; Not quite the Hilton Gardens, but definitely of great quality for a reasonable price. Had all the amenities for a comfortable stay. I arrived with last minute booking for lodging and they were friendly and professional in accomodation. Will recommend to others.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton

GabeGarn, General Manager at Home2 Suites By Hilton, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
We are glad you gave us an opportunity after not being able to stay at the Hilton Garden Inn. We at Hilton really appreciate your loyalty to us. It is the loyal guests like yourself that keep us in business. Thank you again and we look forward to the next chance we get to serve you here.
Baltimore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013 via mobile

Stayed a week. The hotel is very nice. It has a free basic breakfast but all day coffee. The wifi worked well and the business center was very useful. The staff is also very helpful. The area is close to the mall and restaurants. There is also a bbq place next to the hotel that is very good. Parking was easy and free. There is a walking path around the hotel which is great for pets or kids. For exercise there is also a nice pool and fitness area. There are outdoor grills. I used one and the staff was happy to give me grilling utensils. There is also a nice fire pit that is on every night.
The room was very big and well thought out. There is a large tv that can pivot from the sofa to the bed for viewing from both areas. The walls are thin and you may hear your neighbors. The housekeeping staff was great. The bed is comfortable and the shower has great pressure.

Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for staying with us for a week. We were built for the traveler staying a little longer although we love the short stays too. It sounds like you enjoyed several of the amenities we offer including the pool, the grills, and the walking trail. I am thrilled you had a great experience and really appreciate you taking the time to write such a thoughtful review. I hope the next time you find yourself in Layton; we get to enjoy you here. Thank you again.
Castle Dale, Utah
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

I am not happy with my stay at this hotel. I called in advance and reserved a room. Upon check-in, they had lost my reservation and put me up in a different room. The room was nice and clean once I finally had a room to stay in. Payment for my room was supposed to be on a group account. My group advisor paid for my room as well as the other rooms that were with my group. I was told before leaving that everything was taken care of. Upon returning home, I noticed my card had been billed for the room as well. I have since returned home and am still trying to get this situation straightened out, however, the hotel supervisors are never around and cannot be reached!!! I will never stay here again!!!

Room Tip: go to a different hotel!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
GabeGarn, General Manager at Home2 Suites By Hilton, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Brett-

I have messaged you to get this resolved but have not heard back from you. It sounds like you enjoyed your stay but we had a billing issue. I hope that having not heard from you means we got the issue resolved. Please let me know either way. I apologize again and hope we can talk to make sure you are satisfied now. Thank you very much and I hope to talk soon.

Gabe Garn
Logan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

This hotel really does make it feel like home. Each room has a small kitchen including a full sized refrigerator, microwave, dishwasher, and some of the most common appliances. The lounge is welcoming and comfortable to sit in. It doesn't have the typical "just look, don't touch" feel. There is 24-7 Hot Chocolate and coffee available in the dining area. There is even a fireplace just outside the door that they light every night! In their efforts to go green, there is no maid service on the weekends. For my stay, this was just perfect.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton

GabeGarn, General Manager at Home2 Suites By Hilton, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Thank you for writing such an excellent review. The Home2 brand really is about going green and providing an experience outside of the rooms. I am glad you used and enjoyed the outdoor fire pit. We also have grills just outside the pool area, so you can grill just like you are at your own home. We do have no housekeeping on the weekends to support that green experience but we will provide it upon request. Thank you again for choosing us and we will keep the hot chocolate stocked for your next visit.

Been to Home2 Suites By Hilton? Share your experiences!