“Great Location” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Layton
Tyler, Texas
“Great Location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2008

Clean, spacious, convenient location. Front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. Good variety of food on complimentary breakfast bar. Also, complimentary evening snacks and drinks! Located near many restaurants and shopping.

• Liked — Clean, spacious, friendly
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2008

Hampton Inn's are considered to be economy hotels but they have grown quite a bit over the last few years. This particular place is very nice for an economy hotel. They have clean rooms including clean bathrooms. The lobby is staffed by friendly people that work hard to maintain a friendly and inviting place. The one negative is that I did smell smoke at one end of the hallway. Unfortunately I did not look to see if there were smoking rooms available on the floor I was on to determine the origin. But it didn't bother me in my room. The pool area including a jacuzzi was clean. They also provided a breakfast that is much better than going to the local fast food place.

• Liked — It is close to restaurants and retail establishments
  • Disliked — The aroma of cigarettes hit me one time while in the hall.
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Southwestern Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2008

We just got home from an overnight stay at the Hampton while visiting family. We have stayed in several other hotels in this area and this is by far the best we've stayed in. We booked a wheelchair accessible room as my hubby is paraplegic and found it suited to his needs. The bathroom featured a roll-in shower with a large secure wall mounted seat & hand held shower head. The space between the end of the bed & TV armoire was a bit narrow for his chair but still passable. We arrived late and didn't really use the fitness room, pool, business center or laundry room but saw all of them and they looked well equipped and clean. The bed was comfy and my daughter slept in a rollaway at no extra charge. Breakfast was good - sausage, eggs, english muffins, bagels, fruit, yogurt, cold cereal. Staff was welcoming and helpful. I think this will be our home base while visiting the area from now on!

• Liked — Location, cleanliness, comfy bed & linens
  • Disliked — Nothing I can think of!
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
Belton, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2007

This is our second time staying at this hotel.
We were upgraded to a king suite it was huge. TV in both the living room and the bed room. Great bed good towels.
The hotel is situated in a busy area with loads of stores and all kinds of restuarants within a couple of blocks.
As always the Hampton is top notch

Stayed September 2007
Washington, DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2007

Stayed here for one night in a king room. I don't know if what I had is their normal-sized room, but it was very large, and I was very impressed. It had a sleeping area and a separate sitting area, each with its own TV. Then off the large sitting area there was a bar area with a sink, fridge and microwave. The sitting area had a sleep sofa, coffee table and desk w/chair.

The bed was very comfortable. Room was clean and decently appointed. The staff was very pleasant - when I was unable to get a late checkout, the woman at the front desk offered to hold my luggage in their office.

I did not use the pool - it looked small. I used the fitness center, which is small but adequate. It had a treadmill, bike, weights and TV.

I liked the free internet access in the business center - they have 2 computers and printers. The continental breakfast includes one hot item and was actually more food than I was expecting. Includes juices, cereals, muffins, toast, fruit.

This hotel is a good value.

• Liked — Decent breakfast, free internet access, large rooms
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled on business
Albuquerque, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2007

Desk staff was very friendly at check in. The room was very big and roomy, and very clean. The furniture was comfortable and well-laid out. We had one problem with our faucet handle coming off, it took longer than expected to be repaired, so the hotel gave us a free in-room movie. Cool! The pool area was clean and well stocked with towels. The surrounding area had all kinds of great restaurants, a nice mall, and beautiful mountains.
I did not get a chance to eat the complimentary hot breakfast, but it sure smelled good! I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Liked — the helpful, responsive staff
  • Disliked — saying goodbye
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
Binghamton, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2007

I felt compelled to write this review because of the wonderful experience I had at the Hampton Inn, Layton. I have never stayed at a 'regular hotel' (vs. a destination resort etc) that has better customer service. The staff at the Hampton Inn are extremely friendly and helpful. I was always greeted with a 'welcome back' or 'can i get you a cup of coffee'. While my stay only lasted 4 nights, several staff members knew me by name and would great me daily asking about my time in Utah. I woke up to snow on the last day and when I walked downstairs to start my car, one of the staff members had already brushed it off and offered to go bring it around for me. They def went out of their way to make me happy.
The lobby is very clean and very comfortable with a big screen tv, couches, and a fireplace. Every morning I would indulge in the complementary continental breakfast which was actually quite good. And every night I would come back to the smell of either cookies or brownies baking.... it was truly like coming home. The Tuesday night managers dinner is just that- you could make a good dinner out of it which I know several people did. The night I was there it was enchiladas and beer – all complementary of course.
The location is great- I little far away from downtown Salt Lake but just down the road from Hill AFB and right next to a mall and lots of restaurants.
My only complain was that I had room 202 which is directly above the pool. The pool 'closes' at 10pm but a few nights I was there I heard the echo of peoples voices later than that and I had a hard time falling asleep. I would suggest moving if they put you up in that room. The room itself was very clean and well decorated. Other than that, really enjoyed my stay at the Hampton Inn, Layton.

• Liked — friendly staff, food that was included
  • Disliked — none.
  • Tips/Secrets — just make sure your room isnt above the pool.
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Hampton Inn Salt Lake City / Layton? Share your experiences!