“All Good But The WiFi” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Layton
Portland, Oregon, United States
“All Good But The WiFi”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

I stay at a lot of Holiday Inn hotels throughout the year for business. This one was pretty good overall: clean, friendly staff, large facility with many dining options nearby, etc. I was even happy with the variety of breakfast items. I read an earlier comment on here in which the manager said that the WiFi had been upgraded. If it has been, it must have been non-existent before b/c it dropped me quite often. It is not reliable if you need to do work. Otherwise, a nice stay.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Jody S, Director of Operations at Holiday Inn Express Layton I-15, responded to this review, May 12, 2014
Thank you for the review! We really appreciate the feedback. Since your stay we have added some access points and some more power to our internet. We hope you will come back and stay with us again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Bellevue, Nebraska
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

This place is ok for the location, breakfast is good, coffee blah blah. Same thing you can get at any Marriot or Hilton. The gym is meh and the laundry room is a good ways away from most rooms. OMG the internet is terrible. If you plan on watching anything streaming, you might want to use your phone's hot spot feature. I'm only here because there weren't any rooms available on base. I stayed on base the last time I was here and the internet was great.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
blarsen124, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Layton I-15, responded to this review, February 7, 2014
Dear JohnB,
Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know about your stay. I wanted to let you know that the the internet speed has been resolved, and appologize for the slow down during your visit. We strive to make each stay great for our guests and hope to see you again.
Vienna, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

I like staying at Holiday Inn Expresses because of the high standards they have. This Holiday Inn Express is no exception. The staff was friendly and helpful, the rooms very clean and the facilities inviting. The hotel also had a Manager's Welcome meal of soup and salad, along with a variety of beverages - a nice touch. There are plenty of places to eat nearby and it was convenient to I-15 and where I needed to be. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
blarsen124, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Layton I-15, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Dear Madhawk;
We are so happy that you had an excellent stay!!! This is what we strive for everyday with every guest. We are so lucky to have so many dining options in our area and our reception that you were able to enjoy. Hope to see you again soon.
Idaho Falls, Idaho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

I have been staying at this Holiday Inn Express for several years, and like it a lot. It is always clean. They greet you at the front desk as if you are family. We needed a small meeting room, and they were very accomodating, making the meeting a great success.

This hotel is a place to stay whenever in the area.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
blarsen124, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Layton I-15, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
Dear EricT52;
Thank you so much for your review. I am very happy to see that you feel like part of our family here were able to use our facilities. We have made some great enhancements to our Meeting Room and hope that you were able to enjoy. Hope to see you soon.
Sun Valley, Idaho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

Our room was clean, the mattresses a bit soft for our liking. Everything else was fine - nothing negative to say. The window was a bit stuck, but hubby managed to open it in the end..just needed some fresh air.
Our stay was not memorable - not super impressed but also nothing bad.
Staff was friendly, breakfast tasty, all was good.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
blarsen124, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Layton I-15, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Dear Marie H,
Thank you for taking a minute to write us a review of the hotel. I will pass along your comments to the staff. I'm glad you were able to enjoy the breakfast as well.
We are in the middle of major remodel of the rooms. New bathrooms, furniture, and carpet. We are very excited about the new look.
Please stop by and see us again if you are in the Layton area again!
Castaic, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

Awesome experience. Felt completely taken care of. Not only did this hotel provide a great breakfast, but they offered "horduerves" in the evenings, first evening were BBQ sandwiches and second night was beef dip sandwiches with salads, chips and drinks. Seriously? Yep!! They were yummy and so nice to not have to go back out for dinner. Oh yeah, and then they served freshly made cookies!

Room Tip: Loved the King Executive. Gives a little extra space than the regular King room.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
blarsen124, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Layton I-15, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Thank you for writing in a review of our hotel. I'm glad you were able to take advantage of our Managers Reception and the cookies. They are 2 of the favorites with the guests. I will let the breakfast staff see the comments as well. We do take pride in the hotel and it's nice to hear that we are doing a great job. Thank you again and we hope to see you again on your next trip out to Layton.
Aurora
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

This is my second stay here and it was awesome. I had planned to go to dinner but when I arrived at the hotel, they were having what is called a Managers Reception, and today they were having soup n salad which was awesome. Kim, who was in-charge of the reception, did a great job of taking care of all the hotel guest. I am sure staying here again. The room I stayed in was also clean and quiet. To top it off, they put out milk and cookies after the reception.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
blarsen124, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Layton I-15, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Thank you so much to taking a minute and writing a review of our hotel. It's nice to see that you were able to take advantage of our Managers Reception. It is one of the favorites among the guests. I will pass along your comments to the housekeeping department as well. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Layton.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Layton I-15? Share your experiences!