“Almost Love this place” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Layton
Emmett, Idaho
“Almost Love this place”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

What more can you ask for? Another bathroom would have been nice for 6 people BUT........that being said. Love having a full kitchen to fix lunch & dinner. It is great for families & children & can still lock ourselves away for some alone time.

Room Tip: Pets are allowed which I think is great but on this trip we had a couple of little yappers a few doo...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Brigham City, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

My wife surprised me with a quick overnight get away. I am not sure if she new what she was doing when she booked this hotel. I would consider this a pace to stay several days or with kids. THe kitchenettes are nicely equipped and there is a pool. The pillows and beds were very nive and the room had plenty of ammenities. The continental breakfast was pretty low budget but presented nicely.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Layton, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

I was the organizer of a family reunion/wedding 5/31 to 6/3, and was searching out locations that could handle larger family groups, and had room enough to hold parents and 3 kids in one room. Hotel found! This hotel has 2 bedroom/1 bath suites with full kitchens, as well as queen-bed studio suites with full kitchen. Both rooms have kide-a-beds as well.

LOCATION
Located just off the freeway in Layton, UT on Antelope Drive, freeway access is quick and easy, however you can hear zero freeway noise in the hotel itself, a definite plus. It is conveniently located near multiple shopping and dining venues, as well as Hill AFB and Lagoon Amusement Park. For our event, we were busy in nearby Bountiful and Farmington, just a quick 15-20 minute drive.

AMENITIES
Included is a grab-and-go breakfast vs a traditional buffet breakfast, but this was fine with us - you grabbed your food and went back to your room, or on the road with you. Bagels, fruit, coffee, etc. Perfect for a quick morning pick-me-up. If you desire something more substantial, try some local eateries (Sill's Diner). The hotel has a pool, and you have access to the other Marriott hotel pools next door too. I think a big selling point of the rooms/hotel is the full kitchen. While we didn't use the stove/oven, we certainly used the full-sized fridge/freezer. Great for keeping drinks cool, or for that ice cream you had to have a SubZero behind the hotel.

ROOMS
Rooms were spacious, exhibiting none of the wear/tear that some reviewers mentioned. My family is quite picky when it comes to rooms, and they were pleased with the cleanliness and decor of the rooms, as well as how spacious they were. Room to stretch out, especially in the 2bedroom suites. The beds were very comfortable, with a good selection of pillows. The A/C unites were quiet and effective. Water pressure was good, bathrooms nice.

PRICE
I first shopped online for room prices, and found them good for the area and what we were getting. Because we had a larger group, I went through the hotel and got a better rate. Try it, what do you have to loose. But, even at the standard rate, I consider it a heck of a good value, especially the 2 bedrooms...

CUSTOMER SERVICE
Hands down the most pleasant hotel experiences I've ever had. GM Brandy Adams and her staff went above and beyond to make sure we were comfortable and happy, and had everything we needed. Cleaning staff did an excellent job while there. They even helped us get swag bags in the rooms before everyone arrived! From the reservation process, to check-in, to check-out, the process was smooth and easy. Kudos!

I'd highly recommend this hotel, and am confused by the reviews on here. We found it to be a clean, well-run hotel that caters to families looking to have some space to spread out, and those that just want a good deal. We'll definitely be back.

Room Tip: Rooms on the east end of the hotel will be quieter, just FYI.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

This is the second time I stayed at this hotel, and it was better than last time. Realy, for the price it is a great hotel. The suite was able to fit my entire family. Between the fold out bed, and the play=pen they gave me for my 2 y/o son, we were able to all fit comfortably. They breakfast was decent, although they have no room to sit and eat there, so you have to take the breakfast to your room.. Fine by me. I would rather eat it there anyway.
My kids enjoyed the pool, but for toddlers, the shallowest it gets is 3'. Difficult for the 2 year old. There are a TON of nearby restaurants/shopping within walking distance.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Layton, Utah
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

Stayed 8 nights. I found the staff great and very helpful. The breakfast is cereal, baby bagels, and toast. You pick up the breakfast in lobby and take back to your room as there is no room to eat in lobby. I appreciate having a kitchen to not have to eat out and being able to prepare better food. In the room I stayed the carpet had "rolled" up and I tripped a couple of times. The door was hanging cockeyed and made a huge sound every time it was opened and closed. The place was clean but worn.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for a few days while working in the area. The hotel is older. Being a tall person I was nearly bumping my head on the ceiling of the exercise room when I was on the equipment. The breakfast is a joke! We went shopping across the street so we could have stuff in the room. The worst part for me was the Internet service. Ark the end of each day I needed to upload files from each location I had visited during the day. On a couple of occasions I found myself yelling at the frustration I was experiencing. I felt like I was on a dial up connection. On the good side, the staff is incredibly friendly and the beds are pretty comfortable. We are glad to be moving on to a different hotel tonight.

Stayed April 2012
Clearfield, UT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2012

We wanted a place to stay while moving out of our house. Having food left over, we opted for a place with a kitchenette. The Towneplace was very reasonable. We liked having a couch and chair to watch TV without having to set on the bed. If you don’t want to cook, there are several good restaurants within walking distance.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to TownePlace Suites Salt Lake City Layton? Share your experiences!