“Stay Away or Stay Someplace Else” 1 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Kanab
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Stay Away or Stay Someplace Else”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

My family and I stayed at this hotel over the weekend and it is not worth the money, it is old and run down, the pluming and pipes and noisy and in poor working order, the toilet ran, the TV looked like it was 3d without the glasses, the air conditioner was very loud, the internet worked one day and was out the rest of our stay and I was told that it must have been my computer yet it is working fine now, the cleaning crew did a poor job (my daughter left a pair of clean folded jeans on the end of the bed and they left the bed unmade with a note that stated that they could not move personal items so they could not make the bed, yet this did not stop them from making my bed that had pillows we had brought with us), the room was very noisy from voices in adjoining rooms and parking lot noise....you get the idea, it was not a good stay, so look some place else with visiting this area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Ed N, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Red Hills, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Dear Barry, I'm very sorry you were disappointed with our hotel, we try very hard to make all of our guest comfortable and feel welcome. We did replace all of our TV's 3 months ago with 37" Samsung HD Flat Panels that are very modern but are not 3d. Again, I appologize we did not meet your expectations.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

My wife and I had a great room here. I did not share their "like" of a local restaurant, however, the room was clean, bed was fine. Sure, I did hear other guests, but, it is a hotel with people coming and going all night. The staff was very friendly, changing our room to a bottom floor rather than the second floor at last minute. Breakfast was good, plenty to choose from and hot. Lots of room to park our truck and boat.

I did tell everyone on our houseboat that this was a hotel I would be glad to stay in again next year.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Hello and thank you for taking the time to review our Best Western. I am glad you (and your dog) found our hotel comfortable and inviting. We do have a nice section of the hotel we set aside as pet rooms near a nice grass area. Thank you for refering us to your friends, we really appreciate it.
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

Clean room, good bed, hot shower, nice fridge, adequate pool, hot tub.....What more do you aspect from a Best Western in a small town?
Sure...it's a simple hotel and the 'free' breakfast is not realy special, but all in all it's comfortable and adequate.

The main reason I stayed here however is it's excellent location. I could easily make day trips to Zion -, Bryce- and Grand Canyon (north Rim) national parks frrom Kanab.
The price was a little bit stiff for a simple hotel like this ($128,-), but it was in a weekend and I guess you pay for the location.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Hello from Kanab and thank you for your review! I am glad you liked our hotel. Kanab is a great location....65 miles to Lake Powell, 80 miles to the Grand Canyon, 30 miles to Zion and 75 miles to Bryce Canyon. Thank you for your business and please come back again soon.
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

I have always enjoyed staying at a Best Western. I felt that the reputation, by the chain name, would be "worthy" of staying there. I could not have been more WRONG. The bed was comfortable, the television was nice, BUT, the thin walls were horrible. I could hear the traffic from the street, not to mention the voices in the NEXT door room, as well as the noise from the weight of the person walking. I have no idea, how OLD this motel is, but things need to be properly insulated. (My opinion)

Room Tip: I wouldn't know where to begin, in suggesting a room.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Ed N, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Red Hills, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Hello from Kanab. I am sorry to hear that you wouldn't return to our hotel. Although it sounds that you found the room comfortable enough, I am sorry that you were disturbed by exterior noise. We have recently done quite a few renovations including a new breakfast room, install a new elevator, new TV's and case goods and well as new bedding to try to make our rooms as nice as possible. I sincerely hope you will reconsider staying with us if ever back in Kanab.
Hertfordshire, England.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

Easy enough to find on the Main Street. Waited in car for a while in car park due to heavy rain! Car park was really flooded. Check-in ok, could have been greeted a bit warmer. Got top floor room requested which obviously had not been re-modelled. Very strange building lay out. Room had 2 doors, one leading to a small private balcony which must have been the original outside entry before inside renovating. Had to push wooden plank back in wall before stepping onto rain soaked balcony carpet. Room servicable for 1 night although not very modern with horrible wooden hanging wardrobe area. Smelt fresh and clean so ok for 1 night. Slept very well but not over keen on the 4 mini sized pillows on the bed. Breakfast area in the basement, although supposedly renovated was very bleak, badly need some wall decoration to brighten the place up! Food fine, well replenished by breakfast lady as area was pretty full. Did not feel inclined to linger as the room was pretty bleak! Did not try pool due to rain!

Don't think we would return here or to Kanab.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Hello and thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am sorry you got caught in a nasty rainstorm, during August and September they can pop up on us all of a sudden. I hope you will come back again soon.
Kanab, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

We came into Kanab for a few days to work with a dog that we will be adopting just as soon as he gets his CGC at Best Friends. We stayed here because of it's central location in town and the price wasn't too bad either. The people at the front desk were fun, charming and knowledgeable about the area, it was like talking to old friends that you've known forever. We were in room 148 which is on the ground floor in the back. The room was clean, comfortable and quite just what we were looking for so we could work with some dogs on overnights. Because of the staff and hotel everything was a success.

Room Tip: If you're coming to Best Friends, let them know. Thies hotel supports them.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Ed N, Manager at BEST WESTERN Red Hills, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
George, Thank you for returning to the Best Western Red Hills, it's a pleasure to have you stay with us again. Thank you for your review.
north yorshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

really comfortable stay, no complaints at all, everything we needed. we ate in the evenings at Calvin T's smoking gun and saloon which was a great experience, with some great artifacts outside and the food and staff were just great. Dennys wigwam is also a great store. Loved it all here in Kanab.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Ed N, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Red Hills, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Glad you had a nice visit. Please come back again soon!

Been to BEST WESTERN Red Hills? Share your experiences!