“Loved every moment” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Stavanger, Norway
“Loved every moment”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

What a wonderful place! Stayed here for 2 nights with my 3 teenage sons. Was personally welcomed by the owners Travis and Matt, and was served ice cold home-made lemonade when we arrived. The personal welcome-card and sweets made it just even more special.
The hotel is beautifully decorated and very well maintained. It was clean and comfortable, best beds and nicest pool, and I loved the wonderful seats outside to sit and relax in the afternoon with a book and Travis' delicious Marguarita!
Breakfast was delicious and I really got the feeling of staying in a private home. Matt and Travis were like old friends, Travis even gave me one of his books to keep when I had finished my own, to save me the trip to the bookstore. We wished we could have stayed for longer. Thanks, Matt and Travis!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Matt W, Owner at Canyons Lodge - A Canyons Collection Property, responded to this review, July 7, 2013
We hope you enjoyed the book! Looking forward to seeing your family and you again!

249 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Langley
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

Read the reviews! Every single one glowing and for a very good reason! This was my favorite hotel on our recent 'Grand Circle' Tour. It is very quaint, cute and the decor is fabulous! Attention to detail was not wasted on us! We had everything we needed and more. Hospitality comes naturally to Travis and Matt and they are inviting you into their home when you stay at Canyons Lodge. The room was lovely, clean and very comfortable. I am running out of superlatives , just stay here and we will be reading your rave review. I wish we could have stayed longer!

Room Tip: Call & book!
Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

I stayed at the Canyons Lodge for one night on a road trip across the country in early June. The room was very quaint, but very well maintained. The breakfast te next morning was a delight! They had these homemade cheese/sausage things... yum yum!

The owners are so amazing! They were so helpful while me and my friend were trying to figure out which way we were going to go, to Zion or Bryce, or both, or neither. Well, they sold us on both!

I just love this little hidden gem! It's a great place! Perfect location, and great people!

Toulouse, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

If you visit the parks of the area (Grand Canyon, Bryce, Zion, Antelope, Lake Powell), Kanab is right in the middle and Canyons Lodge is the best hotel you can find there.
It offers a large range of rooms, we were on a budget so we took the cheapest one (also the smallest but it was just what we needed). The hotel and the rooms are decorated with great taste, the bed was comfortable and our hosts were very welcoming and attentive. They even lend bikes! We felt right at home!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
San Rafael, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

I've always loved Kanab because of Best Friends Animal Sanctuary, the most progressive animal rescue, rehabilitation, adoption and no kill sanctuary in the world. In my several visits, I have noticed little oasis,' such as this motel, popping up in this small town of less than 5000 folks and many rescued animals.

At first, this small two story motel on the main drag doesn't look like too terribly much...until you walk into the office and meet either of the owners Travis or Matt. Then they offer you a complimentary glass of wine...really in Utah, we can get free alcohol?

Then we notice the tiny kidney shaped pool is filled with the motel guests, including our own kids...so what if it's small, we want to hang out here!

Rooms are wonderfully decorated... with all updated with all the amenities, including terry robes. The only downside is that our downstairs neighbors complained that our kids were being too loud...hmmm, partly true. Suggest if you have kids, request a first floor room and bring plenty of duct tape!!

Hearty continental breakfast included and good coffee! Something you don't find often when traveling.

Will definitely be a repeat experience. : )

Room Tip: If you have kids, stay on the first floor.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

We just returned from Kanab, UT, where we were visiting our son at Wingate Wilderness Therapy. When I went online to search hotels, there were cheaper options, but I knew this would be a difficult trip, and thought staying somewhere that didn't have a corporate brand stamp might be comforting; Was I ever right! Canyon's Lodge feels more like visiting your hip, younger brother’s house, rather than a Motor Lodge. "What makes it so special?" you might ask. It could be the personal card that was (almost;-)) in our room at check-in, the ice cold lemonade delivered while I was on the patio reading, the cruisers available for a ride around town, the yummy sausage nuggets for breakfast that looked strange yet were tasty, or the bedsheets so soft I felt like I was sleeping on angel's wings. It was all fabulous! My only complaint is that the firepit, with lively conversations amongst travelers from around the globe, and the glass of wine quickly offered, kept me up past my bedtime. We will definitely return to Canyon's Lodge when we go to pick up our son. Thanks for the comfort during a highly emotional time for us. Travis and Matt rock!! And the Canyon's Lodge Does Not Suck!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dallas, Texas, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Wonderful tasteful gem ! Truly quaint and stylish! Every comfort one would want. The decor is outstanding, and very comfortable. The details are amazing, from the bicycles any guest can use, to the personalized welcome card, to the the keys to the room. Warm and friendly greetings at the desk, and the owners take great pride in the establishment. Very clean and so well cared for. You can tell they love what they do, and I feel confident it will be a must stop every time your in kanab.

Room Tip: Seems to me ALL rooms are the right room.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Canyons Lodge - A Canyons Collection Property? Share your experiences!