“Disappointed” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn & Suites Kanab

Save Saved
You added Days Inn & Suites Kanab to your Saves list
Days Inn & Suites Kanab
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   296 West 100 North, Kanab, UT 84741 (Formerly Shilo Inn )   |
Ranked #11 of 15 Hotels in Kanab

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here and had a nice stay. Days Inns seem to vary from one city to another so you never know what to expect but our room was good, the beds were nice and the breakfast was pretty good. The hotel staff was friendly and courteous but there seemed a lot of staff attention directed towards the "tip jar" in the breakfast area.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Yes...the hotel is older and dated, but that can be overlooked when you have a fine staff as the Days Inn & Suites in Kanab, UT. My 12yr. old son and I were very comfortable in our room. We were in Kanab to volunteer at Best Friends Animal Sanctuary located just 5 miles north on 89. This hotel was a great home base for us and very reasonable. We received a discount for being volunteers at the animal sanctuary. Our room was spacious and clean. I cant say enough about the manager Natalie. Its like I have known her my whole life. She is an asset to this company. I have worked in customer service for 30years in the travel industry. She goes above and beyond for the customer. She also gets in there and helps the other employees by working the laundry and cleaning rooms. I saw her doing this which really amazed me. Its hard to find employees such as her and the other staff at this hotel. Tyson at the front desk was very friendly and accomodating. I never felt like I was bothering him when I had to ring the bell. Keisha was also very friendly. The breakfast room was very spacious and nice. It is true what the previous reviewers stated that the tour bus customers all pile in at certain times and if you hit breakfast at that same time...you could be without. Other than that....very satisfied customer and I would definately stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

We planned to travel to southern Utah and northern Arizona, to visit Zion and Marble Canyons, the Coral Pink Sand Dunes, and the North Rim of the Grand Canyon. We decided to make a reservation at the Days Inn in Kanab, Utah, because this small town is almost at the center of the places of our interest......and it worked really well! The Days Inn hotel is like hundreds of other hotels in small towns of the western USA. However, the rooms are quite large and have a kitchenette and all appliances needed for these adventure trips. The bed and pillows were comfortable and clean. The hotel is located along the main street, where gas stations, restaurants, and stores are found. The two ladies at the front desk are very nice and friendly. Continental breakfast is like everywhere else, but it is well organized and abundant. They have a coin-operated laundry room which was a great help for us! The only thing we were not happy with was the old, small tube TV with just a handful of channels!

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for extra pillows and blankets.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

I stayed here for two wonderful nights! My new husband and I stayed here for two days of our honeymoon. Upon check in the front desk clerks Tyson and Natalie was extra friendly and helpful! They congratulated us and made us feel very welcome at their motel. Our room was wonderful and very clean. The head housekeeper Nedra made our stay most memorable. She even went as far as to bring us a bottle of wine for us to celebrate. We needed extra towels and the young man that was working, I do believe his name was Jon, was very helpful and went out of his way also to make sure everything in our room was just perfect! We loved Kanab. It is a very beautiful town. There was some interesting places to visit. We will definetly return for another stay here at the Days Inn.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

We spent two nights at the Days Inn, which apparently was the Shilo Inn until very recently, as everything still says Shilo. A dated hotel with dated rooms and decor (a wall phone next to the toilet?), the place was clean and comfortable, and our room was actually big and roomy. I like the location and the town of Kanab is great. the staff was friendly and attractive, very helpful. I felt that the price we paid was about $25 a night too high for what it was, but can't complain too much. One annoying thing: apparently Kanab is doing a very good business with foreign tour bus operators with European visitors (which is great). We were told that the tour groups get into the breakfast area early (which I appreciated), but the place didn't have enough provisions for the rest of the guests after the tour group was finished. I will say they had the fasted free wi-fi I've ever experienced.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Days Inn & Suites Kanab? Share your experiences!