“No fuss, no muss, no frills” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn

You added Comfort Inn to your Saves list
Comfort Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   815 East Highway 89, Kanab, UT 84741 (Formerly Quality Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #9 of 15 Hotels in Kanab
Phoenix, Arizona
“No fuss, no muss, no frills”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

This is fine, basic lodging. I am gluten-free, so I had to buy breakfast off-premises. However, the rooms were clean, beds were comfy, and the heater worked on a VERY cold night. I was traveling from Phoenix to Sun Valley, ID, and this was a great place to stop. I would stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
New Orleans, Louisiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014 via mobile

I was very tired, my reservations were made there but wanted ground floor room with two queen beds,we are Senior citizens, carrying heavy bag up stairs is not my thing(no elevators) so had to settle for King bed. AC was not working well until very late. Room was clean. Sink did not drain well. TV was cheap digital and reception was not clear. Internet was good. I would not stop here on way home.

Stayed May 2014
Stillwater, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

this is a friendly, clean, sort of aging Comfort Inn. The friendliness and cleanliness over-rode the fact that things were aging. The complimentary breakfast had protein as well as the usual starches. They also had fruit, hooray! This is important when traveling with a type one diabetic. A good working refrigerator is also important. This hotel had these. The desk manager, Raman, was very helpful, and did it with a big smile! Thank you for a good night.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

I had to review this 5 stars to bring its rating up. This was ten times better than another cheap motel we *were* going to stay in. We drove up at 9pm on a Saturday, without reservations, and the man was very professional, polite, and calm. He helped us out with a nice room on the second floor. It is true there are no elevators here but there is only one second floor here. There was a tour bus that arrived and it was busy, but understandably so, and kudos to them for the bookings.
Lobby was nice, room was clean, nice, good TV, good AC unit, quiet, very clean modern shower unit. Good breakfast with waffle maker, coffee, boiled eggs, bagels, toast, cold cereal and milk, fruit.
Yes, we would recommend it.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

The best a small town had to offer. We stayed here on our way through Kanab after a long day of driving. It was just perfect for that, I honestly wouldn't stay any longer then needed. Overall it wasn't bad, the staff was nice (okay VERY friendly) always greeting you with a smile or asking if you needed anything. It was easy to get to our room which was just down the hall from the entrance and it was easy check in/out. The rooms were mediocre, seemed a little outdated. I didn't want anything to touch the floor because it didn't seem very clean and the bathroom seemed a little old and in need of some deep cleaning. The sheets were clean and the bed was comfortable.The quality of the continental breakfast was unappealing in my opinion to say that least but to be expected from a hotel like this.
There was a pool under renovation (not sure when that will be completed) and the parking was terrible but it seemed they were working on that as well. It was located in a very convenient location and views were nice of the mountain. I would stay here again if I was passing through and tired from driving. Overall it wasn't a bad experience and we were content with our stay.

Room Tip: Skip the continental breakfast...seems like an excuse for them to charge more and you do not get wha...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Pretoria, South Africa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

Kanab is an agreeable town and makes for a convenient stop when visiting the canyons. The hotel is located at the entrance of the town and offers a well-priced stay. Room was spacious with a decent bathroom. Had a very peaceful sleep and a nice complimentary breakfast served from 06:30. The bed was uncomfortable and the mattress worn-out. Sheets not very comfortable. Good value. Parking not that great and fills up quickly.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Lubbock, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

The man at the check-in desk was very nice. I had reservations. I had broken my ankle before I arrived and they do not have an elevator. There were no rooms available on the first floor. The man was so apologetic and sorry that I had to climb the stairs. He even carried my luggage for me, but if you need an elevator this is not the place for you. That particular night there were two tour buses staying there. I tried twice to have a warm bath and just gave up. If there are too many people staying, you may not have a hot bath. The spray for the waffle machine was not in sight and the waffle was a terrible mess. I had to leave it in the machine until it cooled off. The attendant offered to make us another one, but we did not have time. We had some place that we had to be. She did not spend much time in the breakfast area keeping things in order.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!