“Clean and Very Reasonably Priced” 4 of 5 stars

Royal Inn Kanab
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   386 East 300 South, Kanab, UT 84741   |
Ranked #13 of 14 Hotels in Kanab
Lincoln, Nebraska
“Clean and Very Reasonably Priced”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

After hitting a deer on U.S. 89, I stayed at the Royal Inn for more than a week while my car was being repaired. Since Kanab is very much a tourist town (Zion National Park, Lake Powell, and the North Rim of the Grand Canyon are all fairly close), accomodations can be pricey. But the manager of the Royal Inn worked with me on a very fair discount based on the length of my stay. My room was small (partly because of the king bed); but the A/C worked very well in the 98-degree afternoon heat, the room was clean, and the mini-frige was larger than most. The bathroom was good-sized (but with only a shower, not a tub), and there was also a large closet area (which kept my clothes and suitcase out of the bedroom). The mattress and pillows were very comfortable, and the cable TV system carried all of the expected channels -- except HBO. The free breakfast did not provide extensive choices, but it was plenty for me. Many of the tables were outside, so I regularly ate breakfast with a view of a nearby red rock mountain. The location was pretty good, with a Mexican restaurant directly across the street, and a grocery store and fast food outlets within walking distance. Since nightly temperatures usually dropped into the mid-50s, I often opened my window (shutting off the A/C). Somebody in the neighborhood behind the motel must have kept chickens, because the faint crow of a rooster woke me up just about breakfast time when I had the window open. Pretty cool!

Room Tip: The Royal Inn regularly hosts foreign tourists traveling in big buses (which park up front near the...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Tel-Aviv
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

so i stayed in Royal Inn for 2 nights. i love how those places post so many warnings about what you are not allowed to do, but i wish that was the only problem.
first, the smell. bad smell all over the hall and the room.
low wifi signal(at least at room i stayed), loud AC, the curtain was that type you see in offices, letting the light go in. the microwave was shared.
if you want the cheapest deal(55$ a night + tax) go for it

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Houston
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

Overall this place was not bad. You could tell that it was at one point, but you can tell the current owners are taking steps to make it better. The rooms were small but clean, the beds were comfy, and the lady who checked me in could not have been nicer. If we make it to Kanab again we would probably stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Payson
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

For my stopover in Kanab this year, I was looking for a low price. I can't say this accommodation was on my Bucket List of inns, however, it was adequate, fulfilling my five basic needs: comfortable bed, electrical outlet for my breathing machine, working bathroom, good climate control, and working wifi. It wasn't anything to write home about, but fit the bill for a night's stay.

I was checked in and given a king bed instead of the one queen I reserved, but it was the same price, so I didn't quibble. Small room, but I didn't expect a large suite. One plus was that I had two options for an electrical outlet. I have stayed in five-star hotels that had none available for patron use unless you moved the bed to get to the outlet behind it! I always travel with extension cords because of the need for access to at least one outlet during the night. At one motel, I had to stretch two extension cords from the bathroom in order to use my machine. I've added a power strip to my luggage for device charging nowadays. But I digress.

The wifi was average that evening, and slow the next morning, but worked without too many problems. The free continental breakfast was what I expected: coffee and juice, cereals, muffin or bread, waffles. High carbs and no protein. Mostly elders partaking, so I felt at home.

As I write this review, a rooster is crowing, giving a small-town ambiance to my small-town stopover. I could well stay here again, depending on the amount of travel on my calendar and my budget. Who can say? There was nothing negative about the stay, but I'm rating it average because it wasn't spectacular. It is what it is: low-cost accommodation for one night.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Logan, Utah, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

We have stayed at The Royal Inn and Suites multiple times. Kanab hotels are not five star - none of them! BUT this is a great place to stay for the value that you pay. It is pet friendly, as most places in Kanab are, but there is a fee (this is the only thing I debate). There really shouldn't be a pet fee here - the rooms are average with no luxurious furniture, so really pointless to charge a fee for a pet (extra cleaning, maybe? I don't know...)

The rooms have indoor entry, mini fridges in the rooms, microwaves in a hallway room, and free continental breakfast. The beds are comfortable, the water pressure is great. If you're traveling through Kanab to visit one of the many national parks nearby, resting your head on a pillow at the Royal Inn and Suites should do just fine. The folks who run the place are so nice and friendly and run a quality business.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
MANNHEIM
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

At first sight I wanted to go someplace else, but I had prepaid the room for five nights, so I decided to give it a shot. Very friendly Asian people checked me in, and when I saw the room, I found it on the smaller side, but very clean and with everything I needed for comfort. Internet was working much better and faster than in many expensive places, okay, breakfast was nothing to crow about, but at that price that I paid, I could not expect more than basics. So I stayed my five nights and felt warm and cozy. I would go again to that place, especially since the couple that owns it is remodeling room by room.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Arlee, Montana, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

We stayed for a night in January 2013. The room for two was overpriced and uncomfortable. The extra $10 for our dog brought the price with tax up to $64.52. The room heater was loud. The room cooled off quickly when the heater was not run. Blanket was very thin. The walls transmitted sounds form the adjacent room too easily. Small room for the price. It did have a fridge which was a plus. Would avoid this motel in the future.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Royal Inn Kanab? Share your experiences!