“Adequate when passing through” 3 of 5 stars

Royal Inn Kanab
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   386 East 300 South, Kanab, UT 84741   |
Ranked #14 of 15 Hotels in Kanab
Payson
“Adequate when passing through”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

For my stopover in Kanab this year, I was looking for a low price. I can't say this accommodation was on my Bucket List of inns, however, it was adequate, fulfilling my five basic needs: comfortable bed, electrical outlet for my breathing machine, working bathroom, good climate control, and working wifi. It wasn't anything to write home about, but fit the bill for a night's stay.

I was checked in and given a king bed instead of the one queen I reserved, but it was the same price, so I didn't quibble. Small room, but I didn't expect a large suite. One plus was that I had two options for an electrical outlet. I have stayed in five-star hotels that had none available for patron use unless you moved the bed to get to the outlet behind it! I always travel with extension cords because of the need for access to at least one outlet during the night. At one motel, I had to stretch two extension cords from the bathroom in order to use my machine. I've added a power strip to my luggage for device charging nowadays. But I digress.

The wifi was average that evening, and slow the next morning, but worked without too many problems. The free continental breakfast was what I expected: coffee and juice, cereals, muffin or bread, waffles. High carbs and no protein. Mostly elders partaking, so I felt at home.

As I write this review, a rooster is crowing, giving a small-town ambiance to my small-town stopover. I could well stay here again, depending on the amount of travel on my calendar and my budget. Who can say? There was nothing negative about the stay, but I'm rating it average because it wasn't spectacular. It is what it is: low-cost accommodation for one night.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Logan, Utah, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

We have stayed at The Royal Inn and Suites multiple times. Kanab hotels are not five star - none of them! BUT this is a great place to stay for the value that you pay. It is pet friendly, as most places in Kanab are, but there is a fee (this is the only thing I debate). There really shouldn't be a pet fee here - the rooms are average with no luxurious furniture, so really pointless to charge a fee for a pet (extra cleaning, maybe? I don't know...)

The rooms have indoor entry, mini fridges in the rooms, microwaves in a hallway room, and free continental breakfast. The beds are comfortable, the water pressure is great. If you're traveling through Kanab to visit one of the many national parks nearby, resting your head on a pillow at the Royal Inn and Suites should do just fine. The folks who run the place are so nice and friendly and run a quality business.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
MANNHEIM
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

At first sight I wanted to go someplace else, but I had prepaid the room for five nights, so I decided to give it a shot. Very friendly Asian people checked me in, and when I saw the room, I found it on the smaller side, but very clean and with everything I needed for comfort. Internet was working much better and faster than in many expensive places, okay, breakfast was nothing to crow about, but at that price that I paid, I could not expect more than basics. So I stayed my five nights and felt warm and cozy. I would go again to that place, especially since the couple that owns it is remodeling room by room.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Arlee, Montana, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

We stayed for a night in January 2013. The room for two was overpriced and uncomfortable. The extra $10 for our dog brought the price with tax up to $64.52. The room heater was loud. The room cooled off quickly when the heater was not run. Blanket was very thin. The walls transmitted sounds form the adjacent room too easily. Small room for the price. It did have a fridge which was a plus. Would avoid this motel in the future.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Sarasota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

CALCUTTA STYLE - MOTEL!!!
Very dirty, trash all over the place, the bed sheets havn´t been changed from the guests before, messy dirty breakfast, overflowing stinking trash bins in front of the lobby entrance, noisy washingmachines, open stinking trash containers right at the entrance to the main motel building, dirty corridor, dirty bathroom, most of the room furniture is broken, leaking dropping fauwcets, you can not close and lock the window of the motel room, DON`T STAY HERE.
This place really can harm your health, very very messy and dirty all over. It is better to sleep in the car!!! This place need to be checked up by the local health depertment the business needs to be closed, till everything got renovated. We booked online, did see the `nice`pictures in the internet, maybe taken 10 years ago??? I don´t know, how a place like this can be booked at expedia or hotels.com???? It needs to be removed there. When I checked in, the guy, sitting behind the counter was scratching his b...s inside his pants. Then he gave me the key. UGLY place, but there were no rooms in any other motel around. It is noisy at the main street.
DON`T STAY HERE !!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Las Vegas, NV
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012 via mobile

The rooms were small and I do mean small... I didn't measure, but less than 100 sq ft. The cheapest room was $35 for 2 double beds, we opted for the Queen for $10 more and he gave us a king for the same price.

There was a little mold on the caulk in the shower and the room was out dated, but for what we were looking for, it fit the bill exactly. We wanted cheap and we wanted convenient. The breakfast looked a little lacking, but most are, so we went to McDonalds. But there was free wifi, so it worked for us.

• Stayed December 2012
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

We reserved a room with two queen beds, and the room was not very large but very correct. It is not a luxury experience but it is VERY correct. Clean. Breakfast is not a charming experience, but you can do your own waffles ! Service is very friendly. I liked it. We did not reserve in advance and were very happy to end up here for such a low price...

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Been to Royal Inn Kanab? Share your experiences!