“WORST PLACE EVER BEEN - DON`T STAY HERE !!! SEE THE PICTURES!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Royal Inn Kanab
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   386 East 300 South, Kanab, UT 84741   |
Ranked #14 of 15 Hotels in Kanab
Sarasota
“WORST PLACE EVER BEEN - DON`T STAY HERE !!! SEE THE PICTURES!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

CALCUTTA STYLE - MOTEL!!!
Very dirty, trash all over the place, the bed sheets havn´t been changed from the guests before, messy dirty breakfast, overflowing stinking trash bins in front of the lobby entrance, noisy washingmachines, open stinking trash containers right at the entrance to the main motel building, dirty corridor, dirty bathroom, most of the room furniture is broken, leaking dropping fauwcets, you can not close and lock the window of the motel room, DON`T STAY HERE.
This place really can harm your health, very very messy and dirty all over. It is better to sleep in the car!!! This place need to be checked up by the local health depertment the business needs to be closed, till everything got renovated. We booked online, did see the `nice`pictures in the internet, maybe taken 10 years ago??? I don´t know, how a place like this can be booked at expedia or hotels.com???? It needs to be removed there. When I checked in, the guy, sitting behind the counter was scratching his b...s inside his pants. Then he gave me the key. UGLY place, but there were no rooms in any other motel around. It is noisy at the main street.
DON`T STAY HERE !!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Las Vegas, NV
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012 via mobile

The rooms were small and I do mean small... I didn't measure, but less than 100 sq ft. The cheapest room was $35 for 2 double beds, we opted for the Queen for $10 more and he gave us a king for the same price.

There was a little mold on the caulk in the shower and the room was out dated, but for what we were looking for, it fit the bill exactly. We wanted cheap and we wanted convenient. The breakfast looked a little lacking, but most are, so we went to McDonalds. But there was free wifi, so it worked for us.

• Stayed December 2012
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

We reserved a room with two queen beds, and the room was not very large but very correct. It is not a luxury experience but it is VERY correct. Clean. Breakfast is not a charming experience, but you can do your own waffles ! Service is very friendly. I liked it. We did not reserve in advance and were very happy to end up here for such a low price...

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Walsall, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

After a 530 mile drive this was literally the first place we came to that had vacancy signs up (probably a good reason for that!) And had I had internet access there would have been no way we would have stayed there. However we were all exhausted but I wished I had trusted my gut instincts, the reception smelt of a mixture of curry and incense, it was also not very clean.

But I went ahead and booked the room and as soon as we walked in I knew we had made a mistake. There were marks on the ceiling and after a fun game of guess the stain we settled on blood splatter marks. Also judging by the patch marks in the plaster board walls it was obvious how the blood got there! The TV in the room belonged in a museum and the Wifi was terrible, kept dropping out every 5 minutes.

In the interests of giving a balanced view though I would say that the bedding appeared clean and the bathroom was also of an acceptable standard. Overall though a depressing, grotty hole that we were glad to leave.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Zurich, Switzerland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

We arrived at Kanab after dark and all the nice hotels like the Victorian Inn were fully booked. We ended up at the Royal Inn. A curry taste greeted us at reception and the room was tiny and old. WiFi did not work well and the sheets smelled as if they had not been changed from the previous guest. It was just disgusting. The breakfast was practically non-existent, butter coming out of a bottle, etc. Now, this was definitely the worst hotel experience during our otherwise awesome trip.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
tulsa, ok
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

This was the worst hotel experience I have ever had. First of all we reserved a room with two queen beds and when we arrived we discovered what they were selling as queen beds were actually double beds. The inside of the room was so tiny that the two full size beds took up the entire space. The room was has not been updated since the motel was built in the 60's. It smelled bad and looked very dingy. I was afraid of the bedspread coming into contact with my kids faces. I'm sure they haven't been washed in years. The bathroom walls were rotting out around the shower. If it hadn't been so late when we arrived I never would have stayed there. I was almost tempted to just spend the night in my car. It would have been much cleaner. I just can't describe how bad this place truly was. The mattresses on the beds were very old and worn out. The whole bed mattress slanted downhill on one side. I also killed the biggest roach I have ever seen at this place. This place was the biggest dump I have ever seen in all of my travels and it just needs to be torn down. If it's the only place left in town you would be better off to keep on driving or sleep in your car.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Lake Montezuma, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

Made the reservation online the day before arrival. Other places we had stayed were booked by all the bus loads of tourists this time of year. On arrival we were greeted by a friendly desk clerk, and easily checked in. The room was comfortable, nothing fancy, but adequate for the two of us and clean. Later in the evening when I returned to the office, there was a delicious aroma and I commented on it. The man kindly offered me a taste of the dish, cautioning me that it was spicy. It was delicious! not too spicy, in fact, I have a chocolate bar with chili that is far hotter! (serious, from the Lillie Belle Chocolates in Oregon...yummm, but that's another story.) Breakfast in the morning had a great waffle making setup, and very adequate 'continental breakfast.' Have had many just like it at fancier motels. I'll stay here again. Thanks! (we did drive back into town a few blocks to enjoy shopping and entertainment.)

Room Tip: Rooms on side opposite the parking area might have less light outside. The light outside anyway did...