“Like two rooms for the price of one.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Jackson Fork Inn

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Huntsville
Jackson Fork Inn
You added Jackson Fork Inn to your Saves list
7345 East 900 South, Huntsville, UT 84317   |
Ranked #4 of 4 Huntsville B&B and Inns
Los Angeles
“Like two rooms for the price of one.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

I was spending a couple of days at Powder Mountain and was looking for a place to stay. For $80 a night for a room that had an upstairs and downstairs sounded confusing at first but worth checking out. It was a quick 30 minutes to the slopes. The place was run some friendly folk. All the rooms were on the second floor with a restaurant on the first. Everything was very quaint. The place was pet friendly. The "manager" was this big friendly dog that walked around like he own the place. The room really was two stories. Seems like a nice setup keep kids separate from the parents. There was good WiFi and a flat screen with hdmi so I could stream netflix from my laptop.I didn't have any problems getting hot water but the pressure wasn't the best. I was able to fill nice hot bath for soaking after a long day of riding that really did the trick. I didn't partake in the continental breakfast, but it did help myself to their hot water pot. Would definitely bring more people next time to make full use of the place.

• Stayed February 2013

Business
San Francisco, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2011

My girlfriend and I were going to a party in nearby Eden, and anticipating a late night, we didn't want to drive back to Salt Lake City afterwards. Consequently, we booked a room at the Jackson Fork Inn. The bill was about $95. The owner was extremely nice and friendly (at least I assume she was the owner). But in all honesty, this is a sad, worn little place. The furnishings are old and extremely cheap. Our room was a strange two-story affair with a bathroom and couch downstairs and a bed in a loft above, accessible only by a narrow iron spiral staircase. It was relatively clean I guess, but everything was so old and worn, it was frankly difficult to evaluate the cleanliness. The included breakfast was a selection of granola bars, cereal boxes, and mini cinammon rolls from Costco. There was a jug of very spoiled milk in the fridge, together with an open, questionable carton of OJ. For $95 I wasn't expecting the Four Seasons, but we left feeling a bit ripped off.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2010

My daughter and I stayed here 5 nights on a ski trip to Snowbasin and Powder Mountain. There's not much closer to Snowbasin. The room was comfortable and my daughter liked having her own space in the large loft bedroom. Breakfast was self-serve and nothing special but a quick and sufficient way to get enough to hit the slopes. The owner was friendly and accommodating. I liked the dogs, and they would leave you alone if you didn't want them around. The restaurant was good too.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
Northern Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2009

I was amazed to discover that Jackson Fork in is actually a historic dairy barn that has been converted into beautiful inn. Each room has its own unique layout and mine felt like a cozy loft. It had separate rooms within the suite which would be perfect for a large family.

It also had a huge Whirlpool tub that was very nice to soak in. I imagine that would be the perfect end to a day of skiing. The natural and organic bath products gave an extra special touch.

When I arrived the owner actually checked me in and was very friendly. The Inn is close to most of the Ogden Ski resorts and I would say it's the perfect getaway.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2008

For value and location nothing beats the Jackson Fork Inn. The rooms are homey and comfortable, the food and restuarant is the best. I ski Snow Basin and Powder Mountain 10-15 days a season and for location, amenities, friendliness of staff and food I have not found many alternatives. I highly recommend it.

• Liked — Homey, quaint and friendly. Great location to Snowbasin and Powder Mountain
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Layton, UT
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2007

I booked a room for our 12th wedding anniversary thinking that after a day of snowboarding and enjoying the mountains we would stay in Huntsville. What a nightmare! We reserved a room with a hot-tub, and it went down-hill from there. My wife and I were looking foward all dat for a soak in the tub and it had a faucet that trickled cold to luke warm water. After 15 minutes the tub had about 2" of ice cold water so we decided to shower. Well that was ice cold. Frustration set in and we contacted the desk. The owner said everything should work.......well it obviously did not. The owner checked the boiler and said all is well. I waited 15 more minutes and the water was ice cold. After going back to the front desk a 2nd time I requested my money back, and went to another local hotel that accomomdated our needs for about 25.00 dollars less and had an awesome atmosphere.
P.S.The front desk///restaurant has dogs that are owned by the owner lying around in it. I love dogs, but a restaurant setting is not the place for these pets.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — rooms
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Jackson Fork Inn? Share your experiences!