“Amazing skiing, Amazing scenery. Just. Amazing.” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 4 Attractions in Huntsville
Type: Ski/ Snowboard Areas, Biking Trails, Sports
Activities: Skiing, Snowboarding, Mountain biking
More attraction details
Owner description: Snowbasin, one of SKI Magazines top-rated customer service resorts, is located less than 35 miles north of Salt Lake City with one of the easiest drives from Salt Lake International Airport as well...With 3,000 acres of terrain to suit all tastes and skill levels Snowbasin is a great please for families and individuals to have a truly elevated experience.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Lockers / storage, Stairs / elevator
13 attraction reviews
“Amazing skiing, Amazing scenery. Just. Amazing.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

Snowbasin may be a bit of a drive from SLC or Park City, but it is totally worth it. We went on a bluebird day and the mountain still felt uncrowded. Plenty of LONG cruising groomers for blue skiers like myself and plenty of steep stuff to make tracks in if you're more advanced. Gondolas as the main lifts are great, and the scenery makes me think of the Alps. Oh and lodges are something else! Absolute luxury. I'm already trying to plan a ski trip there for next year.

6 attraction reviews
“Worth every penny”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

Tons of runs, beautiful surroundings, fantastic lodges and great food make Snowbasin a must if you are in the area. The fact that the resort was reworked for the 2002 Olympics is evident everywhere. The place has a modern, luxurious look and feel without being snooty. Definitely an upper tier ski experience.

Barrington, Rhode Island
3 attraction reviews
“Personal paraside”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

The last thing I want to do on a ski vacation is take a long morning drive to the slopes...but the trip to Snowbasin was worth it. The mountain seemed empty, I skied so many runs where I was the only skier in sight, lots of great untracked skiing, and fun play in and out of trees. The open terrain and light fluffy Utah snow made it an extraordinary experience.
The lodges both top and bottom were world class....absolutely gorgeous. It made me wish there was a hotel attached so I could stay the night.
I have skied Alta and Snowbird....Snowbasin has that same feel with lots of open terrain...just less people. If you're looking for uncrowded skiing with lots of open terrain, try Snowbasin, you won't regret it.

Vernon, NY
“Disappointed this Year at Snowbasin”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

My husband and I have traveled to Utah for 7 years and skiied most all of the resorts in the area. We love Snowbasin for the quality of the skiing and the beauty that it brings. It is truly like skiing on a postcard every day. However, this year we were very disappointed. Snowbasin no longer will allow anyone to sit inside or outside with any lunches other than those purchased at Snowbasin. The only options available were to eat in the basement on a couple of benches outside the bathrooms or to eat in your vehicle. This made us feel like second class citizens. I did send an email to Snowbasin of my concern and they feel that this what they need to do. It is very expensive to ski there and people especially with families should be able to at minimum sit outside with their lunches brought from home. We were there skiing on two beautiful days and could not enjoy our lunch meal outside.

South Pittsburg, Tennessee, United States
6 attraction reviews
“Out of the way and worth the effort”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

Compared to many other Salt Lake City ski hills Snowbasin seems a little out of the way..about an hour north of SLC. The reward is a great assortment of bowl skiing that reminds me of Squaw Valley in Tahoe. There are three gondola lifts which are fantastic for keeping skiers and boarders warm between runs. The skiing is great but the base area and on- mountain lodges are incredible. They were. built for the 2002 Winter Olympics these buildings seem as opulent as 5 star hotels (not at all like the warming huts I normally experience). I felt a little self concious clomping around the luxurious feeling lodges in my ski boots dripping water everywhere....until I realized EVERYONE here was just like me. All of the staff at the resort go over the top in terms of customer service. I have been skiing for 40 years and never have had the value in slopeside food that Snowbasin offers. Downside for the out of town visitor is no resort lodging.. that is a plus for the locals who don't fight a crowd here often. .(Ski Patrol here is awesome..have had to use them twice) There is also an incredible 'adaptive ski' program that helps all kinds of physically and mentally challenged people enjoy the slopes

Visited February 2014