“Great Customer Service” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Holladay
Nashville, Tennessee
“Great Customer Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

The reason I gave a 4 versus a 3, is because of the customer service. The staff we very attentive and nice. The hotel is under some renovation, but as of right now it is a bit outdated and somewhat confusing. The location and view can't be beat, and the breakfast was good an consistant.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Vancouver, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

I check in around 9:45pm tonight and find one of the young male houseman staff in blue logo golf shirt using the lobby guest internet. The hotel is under renovations and definitely dusty. The front desk girl is perky and attentive. I check into my second floor room a mile away and it's a furnace - the auto temp gauge reads 72 degrees and it's 88 degrees at least. The houseman comes by with new keys and it's interesting to note that he is wearing flip flops . . . . really? - Marriotts propganda reads - we take care of the details - you can expect your stay to be extra special - on the fridge it proudly states - our success is met by exceeding your expectations. . . . period.

In this hotel they put the a/c real close to the bed so you hear it click in and out all night - I bring ear plugs for this reason and recommend you bring some along if staying here.

I wonder if the General Manager will read and respond to this review - period? They have not respnded to any of the other reviews I was reading before putting mine down. I travel constanty and come across this type of slack variance to the level of service and guest experience that is promised - Mariott talks about being an expert at taking care of the details . . . well no expert was here tonight to see the staff using up the lobby internet and a staff member wearing flip flops? There is an opportunity here to refocus on assisting future hard working late arriving travel business people like me who all we really want is a clean comfortable temperature room and a staff that do not take liberties as was observed tonight.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

We stayed here in a two bedroom suite for a wedding. My husband, myself, our 2 year old, and two friends shared the room easily. The full kitchen was stocked with cooking equipment. The facilities were great. The thing we most appreciated was that we drove overnight to get to SLC at 9 AM so our daughter would sleep through the car ride. We got to the hotel to ask them recommendations for places to eat breakfast and they let us eat at the hotel for free! Then they even let us into our room right then and there! What a blessing to have a bed to nap in!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

We are a family on a long trip who after 7 days in Vegas would need a more "homely" hotel.

This hotel was picked due to the fact it provided 2 bedrooms, a lounge and a full kitchen....and I know it's a little due but laundry facilities.

We got lucky, this hotel is friendly if you have time to talk to all the staff. We were very much made to feel at home.

We did not use services such as ordering the groceries we needed for the week but what we did use was perfect for our needs.

Complimentary breakfast is perfect for us. Cereal, yoghurt, hot food, pastries, hot and cold drinks.

Evening meal and lunch is a 5 minute walk or 1min drive and children welcome in the bar "bout time"... A very friendly bar and Zupos across the road is good for sandwiches, salads and soups.

The hotel is perfect if you have a car, it is 15 mins from Downtown and the driving is easy even
for this Brit.

Pool area is just fine for a swim and cool down after a day of sight seeing and the gym has 2 running machines, weights and a cross trainer .....very fit for use.

Having read other reviews, I have to say this hotel is perfect for a family travelling. I have travelled all over the world on business and this would also meet all my work needs, so best of both worlds.

overall, thank you Cottonwood.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Elkin, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

This was a very average Residence Inn for me so I would normally have given it 3 stars. However, this property deserves an extra star for location and view. I love the mountain view I had, and the proximity to a great walking trail with a fast moving river.

I am an East Coast traveler, so the uniqueness of this location was great.

Room Tip: Get a room with a view
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Portland, Oregon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

Little surprised this hotel gets as many good reviews as it does. Hopefully, my experience was unusual. I'll highlight some things for me that didn't go well during my stay. The room itself was large and comfortable. I had some issues with the iron and ironing board. They were both old and not made very well making it more difficult to iron some clothes for this trip. The coffee maker was pretty bad. On one day they cleaning person took the pot to wash it & didn't return it. The internet connection only worked on wi-fi at speeds of up to 2.0 mpb but I rarely saw it that fast. This is ridiculously slow. The ethernet connection in the room didn't work either. The cleaning people didn't do a good job. I'll spare you too many details but I was sick to my stomach one day and know they didn't clean the toilet afterward. The breakfast was standard meaning mostly unhealthy with few relatively healthy options. I expected better for $131 a night. I have stayed in hotels around the US & world and have received much better value for my money. It wasn't bad just not a good value. I could have stayed in a $50-$75 a night place for the quality level I experienced. I feel bad for my employer who payed for this hotel. Unfortunately, I'll probably be back since this is the closest hotel to where I work at while in Utah. The hotel isn't bad but surely you get better value for your money with a little research.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Honolulu
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

We stayed 1 night. It was still pretty chilly at night and even though we turned up the thermostat, we were never quite sure if there was actual heat because it was cold as heck in the bathroom and room. Because we were just in transit, we just crawled into bed and forgot about it. The rooms are pretty worn around the edges. The kitchen, though, is really new and spotless. I liked that they had microwave popcorn as an amenity, what a nice touch!

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Residence Inn Salt Lake City Cottonwood? Share your experiences!