We had an enjoyable time here. We stayed during the "off-season" (May) and had the place almost to ourselves. We had a two-bedroom condo with three full bathrooms for only $150! Very necessary for our family of 11 (9 kids). We have seldom found a place that caters their rooms to large families, but this was just perfect. The underground parking garage was wonderful too.
The kitchen was a dream! They had nicer appliances than we do at home (even a dishwasher). It was well stocked with supplies and soap. Room service didn't visit our room the first day after we were there, which was an inconvenience because we didn't have enough towels for another day. The large table, when combined with the coffee table served our family well (we brought our own little kid chairs to go around the smaller table).
We got in late - 9:00 p.m. our first night and it was frustrating we couldn't get extra pillows or blankets. The pillows and towels *were* soft and fluffy. The bed was "average" and the Internet connection was superb (again, much nicer than we have at home)! The TV's worked fine and the curtains were dark and keep out a lot of the morning light.
The carpets are definitely worn and could stand to be replaced.
The down side (which was *huge* in our book) was the heating/cooling couldn't be trusted. Our little boys woke up the first morning to their room at 50 degrees - even though we had set the thermostat to 67. *Our* bedroom however, stayed the correct temperature. The next night we couldn't cool any of the rooms off - even the "cool" setting raised the temps to 75 (when they were again set at 67). We finally just turned them off and let the rooms regulate themselves with the outside air temperature and they did better the next two nights.
All in all, this is a good place for a large family on a budget.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With such an abundance of lodging options in the Park City area, we appreciate your consideration of The Lodge at Stillwater. The Lodge at Stillwater is one of the few remaining “undiscovered” gems in the Park City area. Located at the Jordanelle Reservoir, and just across the road from Deer Valley’s Jordanelle Express Gondola- The Lodge at Stillwater is the perfect base camp for whatever adventure awaits you.We are located just minutes outside of Park City, Utah. Enjoy complimentary shuttle service to area skiing, shopping, dining, and more.We look forward to your stay! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Tingo, Despegar.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Lodge at Stillwater reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lodge At Stillwater Hotel Heber City
- Hotel At Stillwater
- Lodge At Stillwater Heber City, Utah