“Nice hotel, great price” 4 of 5 stars

Mac's Motel
675 South Main Street, Heber City, UT 84032   |
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Heber City
New York City, New York
“Nice hotel, great price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is on Main Street in Heber City, only 15 minutes away from downtown Park City. It's a great option for those who want to be close to Park City and Deer Valley's skiing but don't want to pay Park City prices for a hotel. The hotel is under new management and they are remodeling to improve their reputation. The current manager was very friendly and did everything she could to make our stay comfortable. The towels and sheets were clean (though the sheets didn't really fit the bed well so we had to tug on the sheets now and then). They provide soap and green tea shampoo. The room was very clean and has a tv, coatrack, coffee maker with a pack of coffee, microwave, and small fridge.

There are 16 rooms and plenty of parking. We got wifi in our room (free), but it wasn't super fast or consistent. There currently is no continental breakfast, but the manager said they will be starting that soon. Definitely would stay here again. Say hello to their outside cat, Queen Anne, when you visit--she is friendly and loves to have her head scratched.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Salt Lake City, Utah
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

* Food/drinks stuck to ceiling
* WiFi only works in lobby....not in our room!
* No fire alarms
* Sheets/beds were dirty and worn out
* Bathroom door did not lock
* Hot water took 10 minutes to turn on
* Walls are PAPER thin....could hear every other guest on both sides of us
* Heater knob broken
* Very few electrical outlets on walls
* Parking lot was flooded with ice and water....could barely access vehicles
* Price charged was different from the price quoted
* Staff was relatively friendly, just indifferent to basic things

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere...it is worth the extra money.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Sacramento, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012 via mobile

Was received with a warm welcome but was disappointed by the room. I was prepared for something average based on the $69 (total price with taxes) room, but there were a few details that could bear improvement. For example: there was nothing but a very thin flat sheet between me and the hard mattress. I was cold with just one average thin motel "cover blanket". The pillows were hard. Only two wire hangers in the closet. The soap dispensers didn't work or were empty. The bath mat was the kind they don't wash every time (ick). The lock on the door was sliding around like it was broken. One of the worst night's sleep I've had in a long time.

On the upside, it's right where I needed it to be and it had a fridge and free wi-fi.

All in all, I should've just choked up the extra to stay at a slightly nicer place. Sorry, Mac's! I really wanted to like you but the lack of mattress cover and blankets was a deal-breaker for me.

• Stayed September 2012
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

Avoid this Place!!!! upon our arrival the office was locked and no personnel there to greet their customers. Called phone number on door and person was rude and told us we could not check in until 3:00pm...(we arrived at 2:15pm) verbal abuse situation going on outside of one of the rooms...not maintained well outside at the time. Shares parking lot with Subway Sandwich Shop with large amount of traffic in and out of parking lot including motel parking spots. Felt this motel was unsafe. Left and stayed elsewhere for the night!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Riverton, Utah
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2011

I would not stay at this place I rate is a zero. I booked it for my son who got married that day. He went to check in at 3:00 there was a sign on the the door to call a number. He called and the man on the other end said that he could not get there until 4:00. so my son look a round and found a room open, looked in the front was of the dresser drawer, and the door was off a front of cabinet. He called back and told the man that he would not stay and requested a refund. which he was very rude. My son asked for the owners name and was told he would not give him the name. I booked this through Travelosity. I hope that go visit this place. It is a dump. It might be inexpensive. but it is no deal. They should fire the manager.

Room Tip: go to Holiday in my son did
Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Grand Junction, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2011

The room was tiny and the motel older, but it was very clean. The walls are pretty thin, I could hear the TV next door clearly. There was no one at the front desk when I went to check out, so I left my key on the table in the room and a note at the lobby entrance. I only stayed one night, I could see how the room might not be appropriate for a longer stay (due to the size). If I am ever in Herber City again, I will probably stay here due to the price.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Vernal, Utah
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2011

this is by far the nastiest motel i have ever stayed at
i was afraid to sleep in the sheets
so i sleep in mm clothes on top of the blanket
because there was no bed spread
the guy at the desk could barley speak broken english
and had no idea how to process my reservation
i was quoted $44.99
and the charge on my card revealed $58.00
i do not recommend this dive to anyone
i would have rather sleep in my car
i am surprised that expedia even had this place listed
reminds me of what a flop house might be

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family

Been to Mac's Motel? Share your experiences!