“Amazing adventures tailored perfectly to our interests and abilities.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Get In The Wild Adventures

Ranked #1 of 2 Attractions in Hanksville
Type: Tours, Adventure
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: Get In The Wild Adventures offers a wide range of wilderness trips and courses in the most beautiful, rugged and awe-inspiring canyons in America. We operate in locations that few other guide services go including the Dirty Devil/Robber's Roost Wilderness, Fiddler Butte Wilderness, French Springs Wilderness, Goblin Valley/San Rafael Swell and Capitol Reef National Park. From exciting hiking, backpacking, canyoneering and photography tours to family adventure vacations, vehicle basecamp vacations, Yoga In The Wild retreats and hard core expeditions. We have trips and programs for adventurers of all ages, interests and skill levels. Extraordinary Adventure Vacations in Southern Utah's Wildest Places!
“Amazing adventures tailored perfectly to our interests and abilities.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012 via mobile

Chris and Melissa were incredible guides in an awe inspiring landscape. I had the pleasure of not only seeing incredible landscapes, but the opportunity to learn new back country skills from experts.
What most impressed me about NAWLS was their ability to rapidly assess your interests and abilities and shape the activities around you. Their approach allows you as the customer to get the best value for your money.
I highly recommend NAWLS to everyone looking for a firm dedicated to safety, teaching, and maximizing your outdoor experience regardless of your current skill level.

Christopher H, Owner at Get In The Wild Adventures, responded to this review, November 22, 2012
Dear Fellow Adventure Enthusiast,

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide us feedback on your recent canyoneering trip. I am glad that you enjoyed your trip in the spectacular redrock canyons of Southern Utah.

We are proud to be able to offer exciting outdoor adventure trips to most anyone that has a passion for the outdoors--regardless of their age or skill level. With a wide variety of locations, routes and wilderness areas to chose from, we can provide great flexibility in adjusting our trips and itieraries to fit most any need.

On behalf of the whole Get In The Wild team, thank you very much for your post and for your kind compliments about your recent trip.

Redmond, Washington
“Don't just do it, learn it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

I took the glacier climbing course last year and it was an amazing experience that culminated with a summit of Mt. Baker. I had used guide services to climb other mountains, but they don't go into the "whys" and "hows" to the level that Chris does. Chris is a passionate outdoorsman and a great teacher and I always felt safe. The course gives a solid understanding of the techniques and risk evaluation so students can apply them on their own in future adventures. The combination of classroom and field sessions and Chris' approach to team building and skills development impressed me. Being lowered into a cravass and practicing rescue techniques was also an unforgettable experience!

Burlington, Canada
“Amazing experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

Chris and Melissa are awesome! I summited Mt Baker with them and could not have asked for a better instructor. I had never held an ice ax and didn't know what crampons were before I took the glacier climbing course, but Chris taught me everything I needed to know. He is very professional and methodical in his approach, teaching all of the necessary skills to a considerable amount of depth, and allowing for lots of practice between the classroom sessions and field trips. If you want to be hand-held up Baker in a hurry, look elsewhere. If you want to learn the skills and feel confident that you could navigate your way to the top or run a crevasse rescue, you can't do better than Chris. Definitely one of the most memorable experiences of my life!

Visited February 2012
Christopher H, Owner at Get In The Wild Adventures, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Dear James,

Thank you for your review. I am glad that you found the Basic Glacier Climbing Class a rewarding experience. We take great pride in operating our trips and classes in a way that is not only fun and exciting, but educational as well. I am happy that the skills that you learned empowered you with confidence in reaching your objectives. We certainly enjoyed your participation and hope to Get In The Wild with you again in the future.
Seattle, Washington
“Do it!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

I took the basic glacier climbing course a few years ago from Chris. I was completely new to mountaineering, and I wanted to learn from someone who was passionate and experienced. I had a real interest in learning skills and enjoying the outdoors, and I wasn't interested in merely checking off a box. Chris was an amazing instructor. He taught our class navigational skills, rope skills, glacier travel skills, and everything else you can imagine. We practiced everything until everyone was very comfortable. I walked away from this class extremely comfortable with the basic mountaineering skills. Chris' vast knowledge and experience, as well as his intimate approach to teaching, really set his class apart. Our final trip was a summit attempt of Mt. Baker, and I'll never forget the experience. We successfully made the summit, and the views of the Puget Sound and surrounding mountains were unreal. The experience was truly unique, and I can't recommend this enough. I enjoyed it so much that I assisted with the class the following year!

Seattle, Washington, United States
“Experience the mountains, and feel like a pro”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

I took a class here last year in preparation for climbing Mt. Baker in WA state. I had zero mountaineering experience but really wanted to learn what it was all about. I was sold when Chris did his first information session. Chris is such an experienced, calm, and teaching focused person. He described his approach to teaching climbing that just made sense for me. During the course we learned navigational skills, learned how to use all the climbing gear, how to safely cross glaciers, practice rescuing teammates from crevices (amazing experience!). We would learn the concepts in a classroom setting, then do an overnight camp/hike to practice all the skills in the wild. I knew nothing when I started the class, and I am now comfortable doing some of these things on my own, this is a testament to Chris' ability to teach and make sure you remember what you are taught. I would recommend this for anyone that is interested in mountaineering, it was such an amazing experience, and I have since drawn upon those skills in other outdoor scenarios. Chris makes this a comfortable learning environment, where you can challenge yourself, explore the wonder that is the mountains, and make some great friends! What are you waiting for?? GO GO GO!