“Good motel in a unique location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hanksville Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hanksville
Hanksville Inn
Save Saved
You added Hanksville Inn to your Saves list
280 East 100 North, Hanksville, UT   |
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Hanksville
Thailand
“Good motel in a unique location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed 1 night in early September 2014. Hanksville is quite a unique spot with character and this motel has a character that fits the remote location. The motel owner greeted me when I checked in and gave me all the info I needed (such as getting a discount at restaurant opposite if I mentioned that I was staying at the Hanksville Inn). Room was fine and everything worked well - good WiFi, fridge and bath/shower, and comfortable bed. Route 95 is a wonderful road to experience, and I will certainly stay at the Hanksville Inn again when I next pass through.

Room Tip: All are fine
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Lansdale, PA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Ok...the place is old. There are some patches & hard water stains on the bathroom walls,but guess what? The rooms are clean,linens fresh, and there's a fridge, microwave,& TV. Fire pits and deck are a nice addition. What this motel lacks in genteel ambience,it makes up for in character. Add to that a 10% discount at the great steakhouse across the street, some of the most amazing scenery Utah has to offer, and an owner who works hard to provide decent lodging for travelers on a budget. Ask him how to get to Little Egypt geologic site while you're there. Worth the short side trip.

• Stayed September 2014
Paso Robles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

Don't be put off by the rustic sign or the tattered chairs outside the rooms. It was clean, comfortable, quiet and incredibly friendly. The staff treated us like family. An excellent value. We would go out of our way to stay there again. There are plenty of soulless, characterless motels in America and fortunately Hanksville Inn is NOT one of them.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

The Hanksville Inn is a wonderful family run joint that has been completely rebuilt by Ed, the current owner. The first year he owned the property a flood hit and as the lowest point in all of Hanksville, the inn took two feet of water all throughout. Since then, Ed has repainted, reupholstered, rewired, and installed new bathrooms in every room except one (if I remember right). The claims that the place is unclean or smells poorly are completely unfounded, my room was spotless and there were folks raking the gravel in the driveway when there was little else to do. They even own a NASA caliber air purifier which can remove the strongest stench. Ed works extremely hard every day to ensure that his customers are comfortable and taken care of throughout their stay. When I came to the Hanksville Inn I was out of luck and needed a ride 60 miles to Green River. When I checked in, Ed said "we'll get you there" and lived up to his word, driving me himself the next morning. Of course, it is not the fanciest inn you will find in the world but it is welcoming. All of the beds and furniture are the same as those of the Marriott Hotel chains, Ed constructed a deck with fire pits off the highway where guests can congregate and enjoy the outdoors, if you ever happen to be in Hanksville on Thanksgiving Ed has even been known to bring full meals to his rooms without charge. As I said before, this is a wonderful family establishment and it is the cheaper of the two places to stay in Hanksville. If you ever want to meet someone happy to be alive with stories upon stories to tell, look for Ed, the owner. I'm of the belief that negative reviews come from the folks who expect a impersonal blank slate rather than an establishment with personality. I don't know that I'll ever be in Hanksville again but I do know that I've got at least one friend there.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Cape Cod
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I have been traveling cross country and this hotel was the worst in our 3 month trip. Stay at the other motel, whispering sands? if possible. There are only two in Hanksville, and nothing else for miles. We wished we would have camped but it was too cold.

No updating can save this motel, it needs to be torn down. It's only standing still due to shoddy repair jobs: patches around sink and shower, windows didn't lock, screens torn, but the worst of all was the smell!!! Mildew, mold and pine sol. We aired the room out for an hour to no avail... All I could smell all night was the mold. It was awful and depressing. And it felt unhealthy.
There was nothing nice, I could go on and on but you get the idea.
The owners are elderly, maybe in their day this motel was ok, but it's time to let this place go.
Try and plan your trip/ route so that you pass through this miserable town during the day, and have another hotel in another town to sleep in. I never felt more relieved to drive away from a hotel in my life and we were on the road by 7:30.. Thank God.

• Stayed October 2013
Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

We've been traveling around CO, WY, ID, UT, AZ and NM. We've stayed in a mix of mom and pops and places like Hilton Garden Inn and B & B's. This is not the worse mom and pop we've stayed in and with only two to choose from, you can't be too picky. Room larger than expected but most certainly outdated. Bed and pillows OK. WiFi is included, restaurant across the street more than acceptable. Windows lack locks and doors only have a button lock. Not my first choice but not the worse and for where it is (in the middle of nowhere) we certainly survived.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Huizen
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

Not the best, but there's not much to choose here.
The place was smelling not very clean and flies where everywhere.
Overprised old Inn, but with a friendly staff. An old rocker with long hair, but very friendly.
We survived, so will you.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hanksville Inn? Share your experiences!