#1 Dump in the world!
1. Smell....horrible mildew stench. My son got allergic reaction to dust/mold. There are multiple mold spots on the ceiling.
2. Beds... luckily I read some of the other reviews and brought my sleeping bags. The beds haven't been changed from the previous stay. There WERE black hair on the pillow and sheets.
3. Fridge did not work, had to unplug it from the outlet to shut it up, it was making way too much loud noise.
4. Air conditioner...about an inch of dust on it, it only has two settings On and Off, nothing else worked and barely cooled the room. In the middle of the night the air conditioner started making awful scratch noise, woke us up and we couldn't sleep. None of us went bare feet while we stayed there.
5. As another reviewer stated, plants grew inside the room from the floor. The floor hasn't been vacuumed in ages. Mice traces everywhere. We put all our belongings up off the floor in fear of mice getting inside.
6. Fridge, tv, microwave, cable box, lights and clock all plugged in to a single cheap power strip....completely not to fire code.
7. I tried to open the window for some fresh air, there was about an inch of dirt and dust behind the nasty curtain.
8. Walls are paper thin, you can hear people snore from two rooms down.
9. Bathroom is full of mold and pretty gross. We haven't used a shower, I was afraid to pick up something nasty from it.
10. On top of everything, it cost $80+$10 for a pet (Memorial Day weekend)... I call it blackmail
It was the WORST motel experience my family has EVER been in.
We ended up leaving 2 AM (not on purpose) in the morning and driving home, cutting our family vacation short due to lack of sleep. There were no other motels available around. As one reviewer stated, it's better to sleep on the side of the road. It will be cheaper and cleaner.
YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!
People who gave this motel a good review are either motel owners or have no clue what a normal motel room is.
PS: Wireless internet actually worked, but I connected to another wireless access point and not named "Hanksville Inn WiFi", so not sure if it's theirs or not.
None, run away fast
See more room tips
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.