“Worst Hotel Ever!” 1 of 5 stars

“Worst Hotel Ever!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

I booked Book Cliffs Lodge for the Friday night of Memorial day weekend, the
experience was just dreadful! I DID NOT want to stay in that room. I tried to
call other hotels, but they were all booked. I knew they would have been since I
had called before I booked this one. I was so desperate; I wanted to at least
try. The room had dead bugs in the carpet, the bed wasn't even raised off the
ground, I walked around in my shoes the entire time b/c the carpet was
absolutely horrifying, and the bathroom was not clean AT ALL. We slept in our
clothes for fear of everything in that room. I kept thinking I would wake up to
find someone just standing there watching us sleep or to bugs crawling all over
our bodies. It was that creepy. The sink had hair still in it; you could
definitely tell that housekeeping hadn’t even touched it. That is if they even
have a housekeeping staff. I did not go to the front desk, b/c judging from the
three guys sitting on coolers hanging out in front of the door (who you had to
walk past just to get through the door to the front desk), and not to mentioned
the woman who checked us in was in her pajamas, I just assumed they cared as
much for their guests as they did with their appearance. The place says it is
under new management and that the rooms have been remodeled – LIARS! It may be
under new management of a person who does not care whether people are terrified
about sleeping in the rooms! I have never been to a hotel as dirty or scary as
this place was. I called Expedia to have them take it off their listing, but
they have not. The place is a hell hole! DON’T’ STAY! Even if all other places
are booked, my advice… it is not worth it, don’t book a room there!!!

I have uploaded a few photos - I had dumped ice in the sink before I had looked at it.

Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Boulder, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2012

It's this kind of place: $24.99 per night weekly rate. Of course the reason I was there was that every hotel in Moab was full and all but this motel in Green River was full...so my rate was $75.

Filthy rooms with stains on walls and carpets. The smell of decades-old smoke other smells permeated the place Pink walls and glitter in the cottage cheese on the ceilings only enhanced the odiferous vibe.

No bed bugs and the sheets had been washed.

We woke to people yelling in the parking lot below and others stomping in the halls. Had to skip taking a shower as there was no hot water.

RUN AWAY!

• Stayed May 2012
Castle Rock, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2012

My family and I found a room here when everywhere else was full, late one night. When we got to the room my husband sat down on the bed to use the phone and a bed bug crawled across the phone stand. We grabbed our things and left. Scariest experience ever at a motel. Your better off sleeping in your your car.

Room Tip: Go to comfort inn!
Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
NC, USA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2011

The worst motel in the history of motels. We found this place on the Magnuson Hotels site and didn't see any reviews. Never Again. We asked for a refund once we saw the place but were told by the manager that the owner never gave refunds, no matter what. This place is filthy. And there is still a AAA sign out front, though AAA does not recommend it. We could also see the pool which was full of trash - no water, just trash.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Springville, Utah
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2011

The Book Cliff Lodge was pretty much what we expected. I am 22 years old and my fiance is 24 years old. We booked two nights in this hotel because we had a river trip in Moab, and most hotels in Moab were either booked or over our budget. (We were a little scared after reading online reviews of this hotel, but we booked anyway seeing as how we only needed a place to stay for a couple of nights.) The hotel (at a glance) was old and a little scary looking. Once we got into our room, though, we felt a lot better about staying there. The room was pretty big, there was a microwave, fridge, and a coffee maker. It was a decent bed with clean sheets and a cute comforter. It was what we expected for the price we paid. The shower in the morning was somewhat cold, and that would be the only thing I would expect to be better next time we come around.

If you're looking for a luxurious hotel, go somewhere else. However, if you just need a bed to stay in for a night or two, I would definitely recommend this hotel because of the price.

Overall, this hotel was worth the price we paid and we had a good trip.

Room Tip: If you are looking for luxury, go somewhere else
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
West Des Moines, Iowa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2011

Laughing at the outside exterior of the hotel prior to checking in. Upon entering the building there was a fowl smell. It looked like something you would film a horror movie in. The TV was on upon entering the room. We decided if we stayed in the room we would have to sleep on top of the sheets and could not remove our shoes. The microwave and fridge were unplugged. We stayed long enough to use the bathroom and a towel. Decided it was in our best interest to either sleep in the car or try to find another room. Thankfully we found another room. The hotel claimed to have the cheapest rates in town at $35 a night (does not include internet). We thought that was a rip off. They should pay people to stay there.

• Stayed March 2011
las vegas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2010

Booked this hotel on expedia and did not see the reviews on tripadvisor till after. We didn't even check in after seeing the condition of the motel from outside. It was scary looking and could not risk staying a night there for our own safety. Given full refund thankfully. There was no vacancies at any other motels/hotels yet no one was staying at the Book Cliff Lodge which was a bad sign. Do not book this motel especially if you have children. Don't risk your family's safety.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends

Been to Book Cliff Lodge? Share your experiences!