“A great place to stay in Green River, UT” 5 of 5 stars

River Terrace Inn
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1740 East Main, PO Box 420, Green River, UT 84525   |
Ranked #1 of 12 hotels in Green River
Terre Haute, Indiana, USA
“A great place to stay in Green River, UT”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2008

We have just returned from a 2-week to Utah. While we were in the area, we stayed at the Best Western River Terrace Motel. The motel sits on the bank of the Green River; there is a walk along the river in back of the property. Our windows overlooked the river as well.
Our room was very quiet and clean; the decor is soothing and tasteful. Carpeting is thick. The motel has always been a non-smoking facility. Experiences with non-smoking rooms in other hotels is usually in a room that was once a smoking room, but has since been designated as non-smoking. These rooms usually have a smoking odor which we find offensive. Not so with this motel.
Due to the nature of our trip, the motel was a central location for our travel. We explored the surrounding area for photographic purposes. We found that the motel was the best place to be in the area. Our final destination was Moab, UT and the Best Western is about 60 miles away.
The best thing about the motel is breakfast!. In addition to the usual fare, food cooked by the resident chef, Ben, was offered. The omelets were wonderful! Ben was charming and cordial. He also told stories about the local area and his family. Carlos, the greeter at the breakfast area, was also great! He informed all comers of the menu and did not make any errors in our orders.
The personnel at the check-in counter were very helpful as well. The people who work here are friendly and smiling. I have stayed in many a motel over the years, but this one is the best!

• Liked — Cleanliness of the rooms and the breakfast!
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

316 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2008

We stayed over night on the way to Salt Lake City from Colorado. It was comfortable . We were on the river side and the back area was green with flowers. So it was nice. the staff was nice. The room clean comfortable. the down side is the no eating in rooms, and the no pets. Best Western web site mentions pets but it must be only certain hotels. We had a dog on the way back to Colorado so stayed elsewhere. .

• Liked — the view
  • Disliked — no pets, nothing to do in green river
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Richmond
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2008

This little motel is an oasis in the desert.

We spent the night there prior to hitting the river for a 6 day rafting trip. The hot breakfast that came with the room was excellent, the pool and hot tub beautifully maintained and the grounds were lovely. We were two adults with two teenage sons and the room with two queen beds was plenty big for us. The folks working there were as friendly as could be. Although we had planned to move onto Moab after our six days on the river, we were dirty and tired and overjoyed to find room at the inn again in Green River. We spent another night there and it was the perfect place to clean up and regroup. The rooms were spacious, the bathrooms were large and super clean. Once again, the breakfast was sumptuous! There were a group of hummingbird feeders in front of the breakfast room, in a grove of aspen trees, that were also frequented by hummingbirds. It seems silly that in the midst of an exciting vacation that involved six days of rafting we found such comfort in this motel, but we did! I would recommend it to anyone! I had the feeling that it was run by people who loved their motel and loved offering hospitality to travellers! All this for a very reasonable price!

• Liked — Great hot breakfast with lots of options, including chorizo omelet.... and very clean!
  • Disliked — There wasn't anything to dislike.
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2008

We stayed in many hotels during our two weeks in Utah, but this was by far the best one. Like others have said before me; the rooms are clean and roomy. The separate sinks, one in the room and one in the bathroom, proved useful to my family. We enjoyed our balcony overlooking the river and a beautiful tree. I must admit that I picked this hotel based on the reviews of the breakfast. My husband and I both got omelets and my kids ordered french toast. Everything that the other hotels offer; fruit, yogurt, cereal, etc., is also offered here, but the difference is there is a cook and waiter who will take your order and prepare a hot meal for you. There is no charge, but you will of course want to leave a well-deserved tip. We were so satisfied and I wanted so much to have that breakfast again when we were at other hotels eating their boring basic breakfast. It is a wonderful start to a day of travel. If you stay here, you will not be disappointed, but you will expect more from the others places at which you stay !

• Liked — Breakfast
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Amherst, New Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2008

We like the basics; clean, quiet, and comfortable. And that is what we got for a fair price. On top of that it was probably the best "included" breakfast we have ever had. Omelets and pancakes cooked to order, hash browns, bacon, and sausage patties as well as the normal cereal, fruit, breads.

Our room with patio overlooked the Green River. About 1/3 of the rooms overlook the parking lot.

The grounds are nicely landscaped and well kept and the building is in good repair.

Staff is friendly (so are the hummingbirds), particularly at breakfast.

They are usually "No Vacancies" by afternoon, often days in advance. Very popular place.

The only problem was with the "high speed interet connection". It was slower than dial-up connections of 10 years ago. Tin cans and a string would have worked better.

• Liked — The room; clean, quiet, comfortable
  • Disliked — internet connection
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2008

My husband and I read some very good reviews about The Best Western River Terrace from the previous Green River, Utah posts on Trip Advisor and we decided to stay there on the our road trip. My first impression of this hotel was a positive one as my dealings with the front desk staff were very friendly when I called and made our reservation; they took time and worked with me to find a very reasonable rate.

None-the-less, it was trepidation I felt as we drove into town! It was truly hard to tell whether or not a lot of the establishments in Green River are opened or closed for business… it was a little bit surreal. However; due to my experience at the Best Western River Terrace, I highly recommend staying in Green River if you find yourself traversing the I-70 Utah stretch! A previous poster referred to this hotel as an oasis and I agree!

I liked this hotel. I requested a room on the top floor, facing the river and that is what I got! I also got a comfortable bed and a clean room! I liked how the hotel was right on the river and how the backyard area was set up in an inviting, relaxing style. The pool area was very nice and all common areas were very clean. The front desk staff was quick, courteous and efficient. Our room was a large size, nicely furnished and purple. Yes, I confess I suffered an initial moment’s pause, as I have never stayed in a room with purple décor before… but the decorators pulled it off!

My ONLY complaint is that one of the previous tenants had been smoking in what was clearly marked a non-smoking room! While the smell was not overpowering, it WAS there. Back to what I liked about the room… They had an additional sink/mirror area OUTSIDE of the bathroom, in case someone wanted to brush their teeth or apply makeup while their partner was showering… very nice touch! The room also had a microwave and a mini-fridge. Lastly, my husband would like to bestow his award for the “Best Air Conditioning Unit of the 2008 Summer Trip!”… all this man really wants is a cool-temperatured room to sleep in and he mentioned to me on several occasions that this Best Western’s air conditioning unit was the best we had on our entire two-week road-trip!

p.s. For dinner we both had the fried chicken dinner at the Tamarisk Restaurant next door and the food was very good. The restaurant’s friendly wait-staff seated us at a table right by the window and my husband and I enjoyed a few wildlife spottings while waiting for our meals… we even saw a beaver!

• Liked — The value
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Yuma, AZ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2008

My boyfriend and I were traveling from Moab, Utah to Vegas. We had spent the day at Arches National Park and just needed a place to stay one night. We found this hotel for a fairly reasonable price but didn't expect much because it was in a tiny town. However, this place was great! It was decorated very nicely with dark wood furniture and modern countertops. It was extremely clean with very inviting public areas. One of the best features was the back area that sits right on the Green River. It was nicely landscaped with tables and chairs for people to enjoy the view. The best part of this hotel was the free, hot made-to-order breakfast! It put other hotels continental breakfasts to shame!

• Liked — Hot Breakfast
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to River Terrace Inn? Share your experiences!