“Nice surprise!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Green River
Denver, Colorado
“Nice surprise!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

We had to make a quick change of plans for our Spring trip to Moab from Denver due to nasty weather in Vail. We had planned to tow our tear drop camper and take road bikes (on top of the SUV) to Moab for a 4 day trip of hiking and cycling. We decided to leave the tear drop and look for a hotel. All hotels were booked that was reasonably priced. So, we looked at a map and saw Green River, UT was only about 45 miles from the place we wanted to ride. I used trip advisor to locate a hotel in Grn River. The Holiday Inn Express was available so we booked it. We arrived not knowing what to expect and we were pleasantly surprised. The room was very clean. The breakfast area was spic and span. The food was fair but plentiful. The staff very friendly and accommodating. Even a little outside place to grill (we brought our own travel grill). I would recommend this HI Express to anyone thinking of a trip to Moab or even as a stop over while en route to another destination. We stayed here for 4 nights and enjoyed our alternative vacation plan. Also very quiet. We had a 1st floor room so we could hear occ the people above us but not to the sides. Would ask for a 2nd floor room when booking ahead. Thank you, HI Express of Green River, Utah!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

We stopped in Green River on a recent road trip and thought the Holiday Inn would be a safe choice. The hotel staff was helpful and friendly but everything else was a little beat up. The rooms looked good but the pillow cases and towels were all a gray-white color which turned me off. We took the kids for a swim and the pool chemicals must have been way off because you could barely breathe in there and it made my eyes burn immediately. Could be a nice hotel but it needs more attention.

• Stayed April 2013
HolidayInnGreenRiver, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Green River, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Thank you for staying at the Holiday Inn Express in Green River,

I am sorry that you did not enjoy your trip to the pool. I would also like to let you know that the graying issue you saw on your pillowcases & towels is a hard water issue (maybe also the source of the odor in the pool area) something we are working diligently to solve.
I hope that the rest of your travels were safe & enjoyable, and I sincerely apologize for any discomfort with your stay.

Holilday Inn Express Green River Family
St. Catharines, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Lots of National and State parks in the area and we choose the Green River location as it is just down the road from Moab where all of the parks are, and it was $50 cheaper a night! Not much in Green River as it is a very little town, was kind of nice after a busy day in the parks to go back to a very quiet location. We had everything we needed, pool, etc., and it was clean.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Thank You Jim for staying with the Holiday Inn Express in Green River,
I am so glad you found your stay quiet & enjoyable (we do like to keep our rates affordable for folks who don't mind traveling a short distance from the parks).
Thank you for your review & we hope to see you on your next visit to the parks!!
The Green River Holiday Inn Express Family
Pasco, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

I tend to stay at a lot of HIE hotels when I travel, so when I need to rest my head in a place I don't know I tend to lean on HIE hotels because they're pretty consistently good. This experience wasn't bad, but a little below the norm from HIE hotels.
The staff was friendly and helpful, which is always a good thing. The room was OK, but might need to clean the carpet and clean under the bed. The pool was colder than normal and had poor lighting, but make sure to wear something on your feet to and from because the hallway carpet needs a serious deep cleaning or replaced. The breakfast was standard HIE food, but the pancake maker was broken which reading other reviews seems to happen often.
In the end I might consider a different hotel if I go through Green River again. The staff was wonderful but the owner needs to invest some money into this HIE to get up to the HIE standard people come to expect, because currently it is not.

• Stayed April 2013
First off, I'd like to thank you for staying with us in Green River. I'd also like to apologize for the hallway carpet. We are having the halls steam cleaned shortly and hope to be replacing carpet throughout by the end of fall. It genuinely helps when guests who care offer frank & honest feedback. We pride ourselves on customer service, and I am very happy that we met your expectations there. As a side-note, I'd like to let you know that we just received a brand new (operable) pancake maker.
Thank you again for staying with the Holiday Inn Express in Green River - we hope that next time you're passing through you'll stop in & give us another chance to meet your expectations,
The Holiday Inn Express Green River Family
Santaquin, Utah, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I am really picky about cleanliness, and this hotel didn't deliver to my standards. There was dust in all of the carpet corners (I don't think it has ever been edged), the lamp was covered in a layer of dust and the bottom of the toilet looked like it hadn't been thoroughly cleaned. It wasn't anything huge, just not super clean. The drain in the sink had a difficult time as well. It was a busy night and there was only one staff member checking people in, despite the fact that the hotel was completely full, so check in was slow. I requested a roll away and was pleasantly surprised to have it waiting for us in our room. Breakfast was fine, pretty standard for a cheaper hotel breakfast. The pool was small and there weren't very many chairs in the area. It was fine for a place to sleep and shower, but a bit over- priced.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Mom of 4 Awesome Kids,
I want to thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express in Green River, UT. I am very sorry that you did not enjoy your stay to your fullest. Being in the desert, with high winds, dry dusty air, & a ton of guests visting for the beauty of the ATV/Biking destinations around us, dust is one of our biggest hazards. I apologize that your room felt as though edging & dusting had been an item forgotten by cleaning staff. We are very appreciative of guests' posts, as it helps us learn & perform our jobs better - our primary concern is guest comfort; we have shared your comments as an entire staff, to help the whole team see the hotel as guests see the hotel. We do hope that next time you visit green river, you'll come & give us another try.
The Holiday Inn Express Green River Family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

First, I have never stayed at this hotel. I made two reservations online at this hotel and received confirmations. When our plans changed, I cancelled the reservations well before the 24 hour deadline. Imagine my surprise when my credit card showed charges for 3 nights (and 6 more pending!). I called the hotel directly to see what was up. I was informed the reservations were made on 'Commission Junction' and I would have to contact Commission Junction to have the charges reversed. I explained I had never heard of Commission Junction, and wondered how I could have made reservations through a company I had never heard of. I asked for their contact information, and the hotel said they did not know how to contact them, but suggested I do a google search. I still have not had the charges reversed so I will work through my credit card company, who has been much more responsive. But beware - clearly the staff is not interested in being helpful.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
HolidayInnGreenRiver, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Green River, responded to this review, April 6, 2013
Dear VancWash,
Again, I apologize for the errors made on your reservations. I really thought that it would be helpful if I forwarded the contact information for the reservations made that were in error from commission junction. I am very sorry that contacting them did not solve your billing issue, and wish to assure you that the hotel & holiday inn corporate is working diligently to figure out why so many reservations were made and why only certain reservations were cancelled.
Lithia, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

Green River is a place to lay your head on your trip West-East, East-West. Not much of anything here. We made our reservations in the morning of the evening we arrived and by the time of our arrival they were fully booked. The check in staff, while very nice, not very professional. Room was large and adequate. Not sparkly clean but that just might be age. Didn't take advantage of the breakfast the next AM, however there was a long line of folks partaking. Our stay here cost more than other places (and we even had the military rate). Can't say I would highly recommend however if we find ourselves passing through this way again, would consider it. The pool was out of commission while there due to a leak in the fire sprinkler system in the ceiling.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear MAM96,

Thank you for staying with the Holiday Inn Express in Green River. I do apologize that there was a leak in the pool room during your stay & do hope that you choose to stay with us again any time you're passing through Green River.

We hope you enjoyed safe travels throughout the rest of your trip,
Holiday Inn Express Green River

Been to Holiday Inn Express Green River? Share your experiences!