“Stay here and save” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Robbers Roost Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Green River
Robbers Roost Motel
You added Robbers Roost Motel to your Saves list
325 West Main Street, PO Box 543, Green River, UT 84525   |
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Green River
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Stay here and save”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

Clean, comfortable, and friendly owners on site. A very basic motel that's been there for ages but I tried it because it was highly rated on TripAdvisor. We've stayed almost everywhere in Green River before or after river trips and I'll definitely stay here again. In fact, I've already recommended it to other travelers in the area. When the entertainment is outside, all I want is a clean room and a comfortable bed that doesn't cost too much. This is definitely a winner.

Room Tip: It was a little disconcerting that our room didn't have a privacy lock, just the keyed door han...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
RRMotel, Owner at Robbers Roost Motel, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Thank you for the generous review and for telling your friends about us. We do try hard to make our customers stays comfortable. We take all comments seriously and we will look into a privacy lock for the rooms that dont have one.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013 via mobile

Traveling I-70 from CA to Denver I booked this motel in advance. Good that I did as it was full when I left early TH next morning.

A no frills room with basic amenities. Hot water, good pressure, heater worked fine and a flat screen TV. There was a small fridge and microwave.

No breakfast and for the price...no need

I will stay again.

• Stayed April 2013
colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

I checked on tripadvisor prior to booking a room in Green River, this motel got good ratings so I decided to book with them. I was not disappointed! When we arrived for some reason the booking did not go through, I had followed a link on tripadvisor and thought I was successful with my booking, but when I arrived she did not show us as having a reservation. She gave us an even better discount for our trouble. The room was very clean, the bed was comfortable, and we were provided with extra towels, we could not have been happier. This is one of the things I love about tripadvisor, prior to these travel sites you never knew about these motels that are little gems. What I want in a room is: #1 cleanliness, #2 comfortable, #3 nice staff. This little motel had everything I needed! I will recommend this motel to others and I will definitely stay there again if I am in the area. The only thing I hope they fix is the booking through tripadvisor (this could have been my mistake) because if they were full they could not have given us a room and we would not have been able to stay there.

Helena, Montana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Situated along the interstate and in an area that attracts tourists from all over the world, Green River, Utah is a hard place to find decent and inexpensive lodging. Fortunately, this motel delivers. It is, as most reviewers note, very basic and no-frills. It is also clean, quiet and well run. The woman who checked us in was professional and courteous. No breakfast is offered. This motel is pet-friendly, another plus. Compared with ridiculously priced lodgings in nearby Moab, this is the choice for budget minded travelers.

RRMotel, Owner at Robbers Roost Motel, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Thank you for your kind review. We try very hard to give our customers clean, comfortable and affordable rooms.
Kenora, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Green River is only about a 40-45 minute drive from Moab and the Roobers Roost is a good alternative to the overpriced hotels in Moab. At $45 a night (taxes included), it is 1/3 the cost of the budget chain hotels in Moab, which is why I chose to stay here. Yes, the rooms and bathrooms are small, but they're impeccably clean. The bed was very comfortable and provided a great night's sleep after hiking in Arches National Park. Expect friendly, small-town hospitality from the staff too. The hotel is close to Ray's Tavern (THE place to eat in Green River) and the only grocery store in town.

While this is not a four-star (or even three-star) hotel, the overall rating reflects the value, level of customer service, and cleanliness of the rooms. I would not hesitate to stay at the Robbers Roost next time I am in the area (as long as the prices remain the same).

Room Tip: Ask for an updated room (e.g. Room 12)
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Albuquerque
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

This motel is run by a very nice couple, who made us feel welcome. We only paid $45, inluding tax, for a room with a king-size bed. The room was clean and fairly quiet.
However, be warned that this motel is far from fancy. The room lacked hangers and a place to hang up clothing, had no plastic cups to drink from, no shampoo, no Kleenex, no heat in bathroom (that was okay, because we left the bathroom door open when not in use, so it got heat from the room.) The room's heat seemed to not be very adjustable -- changing the temperature setting on the thermostat did not do much. So, it got warm enough in the middle of the night that we had to getup and turn the heat off, which meant we were a bit cold in the morning. The bed was comfortable, although the pillows were the bouncy foam kind -- not great if one likes a soft pillow.
I feel sorry not to be able to give a glowing review, because we did really appreciate the kind and friendly owners and the great price. Would've rather paid $10 or $15 more, for a few more updates or amenities in the rooms.

RRMotel, Owner at Robbers Roost Motel, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Thank you for your review. You are correct, we are not a fancy motel, we try to keep our costs down for our guests. We have the basics of heat and ac, phone, wifi, cable tv, microwave and fridge in all our rooms. We are working on updating the rooms and bathrooms as we can. My only wish is that we could work on them faster. :)
Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

I stayed at the Robber's Roost for a medical rotation for four weeks, and couldn't have been happier. The family that runs the place is very friendly, accommodating, and well known in the community. The room was clean and comfortable. The motel is within walking distance of the grocery store, coffee shop, an easy drive to the laundromat, with plenty of great views of the Book Cliffs and long roads through the melon and corn fields for after work jogs. The bed was comfortable, the heater worked great, bathroom was updated and clean. I felt perfectly safe, and since the owners live on site, I knew my things were safe in the room during work. I love being able to support locally owned and operated businesses, and if you do too, this is a great opportunity to do so. The community of Green River is friendly and welcoming, and there are more things to do in the surrounding areas (trails, canyons, outdoor recreation) than you could possibly ever have time to do. I hope you consider Robber's Roost!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
RRMotel, Owner at Robbers Roost Motel, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Thank you for your kind words on the motel, the town and the surrounding area. There are many things to do and see in the area. We love it here. We are happy you enjoyed your stay with us!

Been to Robbers Roost Motel? Share your experiences!