“A good option in Geen River.” 3 of 5 stars

Super 8 Motel Green River
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1248 East Main St., Green River, UT 84525   |
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Green River
Pasadena, California
“A good option in Geen River.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2011

This is what you should expect from a good Super 8... no frills, clean room, hot shower, comfortable enough bed, good wifi, an AC that stays on and doesn't disturb your sleep, a fridge in the room, and a pretty sparse but adequate breakfast... all at a decent price. I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Boulder, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2011

used as a base to explore san rafael swell area. clean rooms, new looking. wifi worked well. jacuzzi was fine. staff was friendly. no problems

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2011

I see someone else has mentioned the staff. Booked in last night and was booked in by a young lady who was spoonng food out of a cup into her mouth the whole time. Another lady arrived and she was totally distracted with having a conversation with her whilst she painted her nails!!! I have never had a problem with staff before and we travel a lot around the USA. This morning I arrived for breakfast and there was an old lady in reception that looked as if she had just got out of bed. Miserable was not the word for it. She slopped out from behind the desk with what I can only assume was her pyjama bottoms and slippers with a motel 8 t shirt on. As the other person said great hotel but let down by its staff!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
rmfeeley, Owner at Super 8 Motel Green River, responded to this review, May 30, 2011
Greetings,
I'm very sorry for the experience you had at our property. What you have described is totally unacceptable and it is clear we need to investigate.

We really make a great effort to put money back into our property so that it is clean and comfortable for our guests. I will personally address the issues that you have mentioned in your review, and resolve them. I hope you will give us another chance in the future.

Sincerely, Rob
Salt Lake City, Utah
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2011

I stopped at the hotel on our way back from a nice long road trip. I checked in later in the evening, around 11 pm. The front desk staff was an older lady who didn't seem to interested in being friendly, more of a I'm here to do a job so leave me alone type of a feeling. The room she gave us was on the 2nd floor, Nice room, very clean (I an be very picky about cleanliness) but this room was exceptional for a low budget hotel. About the only complaint I have is that I was woken up by other guest around 8am in the morning from the noise coming in from the hall. (the door isn't that well insulated and the sound travelled straight though it in to my room). So if you are staying in this hotel, keep your kids quiet in the halls so as not to wake up other guests who are tying to sleep in. The pool and hot tub looked to be in excellent condition. The hotel as a whole looked great. I did end up with a problem of them double billing my credit card but, a quick call to them and they said they will take care of it.

Room Tip: Keep your kids quiet in the halls.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Pagosa Springs, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2011

The room was clean & quiet, new mattress that was comfortable. The room is basic, no extras like microwave, iron/board but it did have a refridgerator. The pool looked very clean. The breakfast was basic also but sufficent. There were two checkin clerks, one was very nice the other seemed a little stressed, maybe it was just a swamped day for her. Over all the stay was fine and would stay there again if we could get the coupon which reduced the rate.

Joseph, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2011

This motel is located right off the freeway and is easy to find. A little ways away from the main part of town, so not within walking distance of restaurants. The room was comfortable, clean and reasonably priced. The desk clerk was very friendly and pleasant. Nice continental breakfast, but could have used a few more tables in breakfast area.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2011

Green River is a super-small town with several hotels, but I'm glad I picked this one! For the $55 (+tax) w/ AAA discount, I'd expect a nice, clean room, but I didn't expect an indoor pool and hot tub and an exercise room! (Granted, the exercise room only has 3 machines in it, but most Super 8s don't have these features at all, so I'll take it!)

I "rode all the rides," as my dad says about hotel amenities. The indoor pool was a perfect temperature and it looked pretty clean to me. This may be the first hotel I've ever stayed at where the exercise equipment actually worked completely as it should. Even the heart-rate feature on the elliptical machine functioned properly! Based on that and how clean the carpet was, I assume this hotel has been newly renovated. If not, they do a fine job with upkeep!

The continental breakfast was pretty typical--a couple of cereals, oatmeal, toast, a couple kinds of pastries, oranges, apples, coffee, tea, and juice. Nothing spectacular, but certainly better than some hotels that charge more and don't give you any breakfast!

Overall, this was a great little hotel. I do this LA-Colorado trip often and have never stayed in Green River before, but from now on, I'll know if I need to stop, I've found a great place!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo
rmfeeley, Owner at Super 8 Motel Green River, responded to this review, January 9, 2011
Greetings from Green River Super 8!

I wanted to take a moment to thank you for your positive review. Your honest observations couldn't more accurately convey what the staff at our independently owned property works very hard at. We are also family owned and operated and run two other properties in Fruita and Grand Junction Colorado.

We're no Ceasars Palace, but we pride ourselves on constant upkeep and award winning Quality Assuance reviews. We recenly won the "Decades Award"' for achieving "A" grade status in cleanliness and customer service for over 20 years (out of over 2000 properties).

Pardon me for going on but we are very proud, and you're comments on the Green River Super 8 are a real validation of this. So please come visit us in Grand Junction or Fruita, we'd be honored to meet you in person.

Thank again, we really appreciate it!
Sincerely, Rob

Been to Super 8 Motel Green River? Share your experiences!