“Kids LOVED it!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cherry Hill Camping Resort

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Fruit Heights
Cherry Hill Camping Resort
You added Cherry Hill Camping Resort to your Saves list
1325 South Main Street, Fruit Heights, UT 84037   |
Seattle, Washington
“Kids LOVED it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

We spent the day at the water park, it was busy but not over crowded. The kids (4, 5, 12) really enjoyed the pools and the lazy river. We also hit the batting cages for a bit, that was fun. When you compare the cost of Cherry Hill to the other water parks in the area it just made sense for us to go here and the kids were smiling non-stop. Finally the girl working the front desk in the gift shop was the most bubbly, nicest customer service rep we've encountered on this trip!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Dublin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

On a road trip from Ireland with our three kids and stopping over in Salt Lake City. We are at the camp currently, staying in an RV after driving from Jackson, WY. On the good side, our kids love it - that's it! On the bad side, a poor facility for the cost charged with very few water features (a couple of pools, a couple of short tame slides, two lazy rivers - one fast and the other slow). Lots of bad food available at over-the-top prices. We ordered a pizza and watched the girl cooking it get directions from a disinterested co-worker. She delivered the fries and told us to come back for pizza later, what?! The pizza, when it arrived was uncooked. The main issue we have us that the facility is run by teens. Some of them were great, really friendly & helpful (like the girl who refunded us for our pizza with zero fuss and the really friendly girls who checked us in) and some of the other teens were, well, teens! Most of our issues up to now were minor quibbles about costs and cold food, but, in a water park there is higher-than-normal chance of an accident and the age of the staff and their inexperience left us nervous and uneasy. We watched lifeguards half-ask children to refrain from dangerous horse-play but not enforce the request. So, on the whole, overpriced and run by teens, BUT, our kids loved it!

Room Tip: RV sites are all similar and of decent size
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Fruit Heights hotels

Orem, Utah
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

Never taking my family there again!! My husband and I were on one of the waterslides and I saw this worker push this little kid, around 7 years-old, down off and out of his tub...poor kid started crying. Made me so mad!

I'd sue this place if that was my child

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2011

We stayed at the RV for four days and were pleasantly surprised with the facility. There are tons of things for the kids to do, and many stores and attractions nearby.
On the map it shows the property very close to a main highway, which it is. But once on property, you'd never know. The highway sits well below the batting cages and water park, so you don't hear the road noise unless you really listen for it. The sites are close together, but that's pretty typical for a privately owned RV park. Still, plenty of room for the kids to ride bikes and explore.
We would definitely stay here again and recommend it to anyone who's looking for a multi-use facility.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Roosevelt, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2011

After seeing that Lagoon's campground was booked, they referred us to Cherry Hill's campground just minutes away and I am sure glad they did! The staff was very friendly and got us a spot quickly and effortlessly. The price was very good and though it was only two of us I was happy to see the cost per extra camper was only $2 per person as opposed to the $5 at the other place. The campground was very nice and well kept. Plenty of tables, water taps and electricity for all. The ground was level as far as I could see and there were lots of trees. The pavillions were tidy and we were able to enjoy a band playing. We even helped ourselves to a grape vine and apple tree! The bathrooms, though old, were well kept and had ample plug outlets in them for hair dryers and such. I liked that there was a seperate sink outside for hands and dishes. The shower doors actually locked so that was nice! The fellow campers were friendly and quiet. Looked like a great place for families, reunions or even just a place to sleep (like us). We will be going back with our whole family to stay and do all the activities.

Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2010

We stayed here for the 4th of July weekend. What a wonderful trip! We did encounter some inconveniences when we arrived - but it was packed and busy for the holiday weekend! People, campers and BBQs were all over the roads/walkways - nearly impossible to get around! When we finally managed to park - the spot we were assigned was very un-level. Tough to level our trailer, too - but we managed. There was a flood in our campsite because the fresh water had a leak and another camper stole our picnic table. A quick trip to the office and POOF - both problems were fixed within the hour! Great service.

There was soooo much for the kids to do here. Waterslides, water park, pools, ball pit/hamster haven, games room, batting cage, climbing wall - it was all great. We watched the fireworks on the hill on the evening of the 4th. Had some delicious pie at the Pie place there. Played mini golf every single day. You can really blow the $$$ here, but it's still cheaper than Disney - and I think my kids had more fun that they would've had there!

My kids enjoyed it so much, that we decided to return for one night on our way home. We'll definitely have to go back again one day. There are so many treasures in Utah, so this is a certainty...

Enjoy!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Estes Park, Co
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2009

This morning we were looking for something fun to do to kill a day with myself + 3 kids: 13, 12 and 10 years old. We picked Cherry Hill because of the cost $17, versus $42 for Lagoon. We decided on Cherry Hill and are glad we did. On arrival 15 mins before open, there were about 10 moms and their assorted kids lined up to get in laden with tubes, towels, snack bags etc. No kids the same age as my kids. When we got in, we could see every attraction from our home base location in the park in the middle of the lazy river and my kids were pretty skeptical and razzing me. Throughout the day we ran into each other several times and they indicated they were having fun, but were bummed there weren't more things to do. When we decided to go around 430, they were all beat, well ripened and content. As we were driving back to SLC, they commented that they really enjoyed their day, the rides were just right and they would go back anytime.

I thought the staff was worth remarking on. As a rule the staff blended in, without any fanfare or standout customer service. At the top of the dragon slide, the pretty blond lifeguard had her legs hung over the edge of her seat, sitting sideways obviously looking over her toenail paint job. She ignored or didn't hear a question from a visitor about when he could start down the flume. At the concession stand near the main gate at high noon, the staff of 3 were robotic, and seemed pretty indifferent about our order or questions about the food. One of the girls, looking at me- heard my question, then turned away and never responded. Weird. Possibly they were animatronic concession workers? Sad to say those 2 contacts with the staff were enough to leave a negative impression when the staff has such a great facility to be proud of working at!

The facility was immaculate and very well kept. In my travels I am always looking at how others run their businesses, to enhance my own that caters to visitors in entertainment- and this was one I'd trip over myself to get involved in, if the opportunity arose.

Great family day trip, especially for families with kids under 13. Safe, clean fun.

We did not use any other facilities (golf/RV park etc)

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family

Been to Cherry Hill Camping Resort? Share your experiences!