“A little bit of the ocean in land locked Utah” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 11 things to do in Draper
More attraction details
Owner description: The Loveland Living Planet Aquarium highlights animal habitats in Utah waters, Earth's oceans and South American species. Learn about our interdependence with the fragile ecosystems of our planet through entertaining, interactive educational exhibits and programs.
Salt Lake City, Utah
“A little bit of the ocean in land locked Utah”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

For people coming to Salt Lake City the Living Planet Aquarium maybe disappointing to you compared to ones in your town especially if you live in a coastal town or near major aquariums but hopefully this will all change when the new Aquarium opens up so to review the Aquarium now would not be fair it's fun to go too and I will always be happy to suggest it to friends and familes

Visited May 2013

Boston, Massachusetts
56 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“A fun place to explore...and they have otters!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

I will start out this review by stating that I absolutely love otters, so any place where you can watch them is good by me. The aquarium is actually very well laid out, with many rooms you can explore though it is a bit small compared to other aquariums I have been to. In many ways this makes it great for kids who may not have the attention span to spend multiple hours. The value is really good given the ticket price.

The aquarium has several areas that each have a different theme - Utah habitat, Amazon, Ocean, etc. which allows you to see a variety of creatures from around the world, many of which you would not see elsewhere. The otter exhibit is great, with three North American river otters. They have a pool in which they can play, as well as this little window that visitors can pop their head up through and get a closer look at the otters if they are curled up asleep. Often exhibits are designed where the animal can't been seen in parts, but this one had enough room for the animals while having them still visible. The only exhibit I was slightly disappointed in was the penguins because the glass was so dirty, you couldn't really see much unless the penguins went under water. The aquarium also has a cool "touch" tank where you can pet a sting ray, which is fun.

One other compliment I would like to give is the staff at the front desk were really friendly and helpful. I really don't like snakes so asked if there were any and they marked up a map with directions on how I could avoid them. They had some people around in the exhibit that all seemed very knowledgable and open for questions. I would recommend anyone who has a little time to spare to drop by and check it out.

Visited July 2013
cternst
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Good place for little ones”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

Just about the right size for little ones who tire at the zoo.
They enjoyed the little babies and seeing them under water.

Visited September 2012
Sandy, Utah
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“This temporary aquarium makes me excited for the permanent one to be built!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

As stated, this is a temporary aquarium. But it is definitely worth your time and money if you're looking for something to do with or without kids.y

Visited August 2012
Sandy, Utah
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“The Living Planet Aquarium”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Sometimes children say it best. While on a trip to Las Vegas we took our 4 year old Grandson to see Mandalay Bay's Shark Reef. We thought he would be so excited as he loves the Living Planet Aquarium in Sandy, UT. We paid the 36.00 for our tickets (4 year olds are free) and began the tour. It was over so fast. Our Grandson looked up and said 'Our Aquarium is a lot better than this one!' My husband and I both laughed and agreed with him. We have to pay for our Grandson at the Living Planet (children 3 and under are free) but it is still much less than the Shark Reef and the experience is so much better. If you are planning a trip to Salt Lake, be sure to add The Living Planet Aquarium in Sandy to your list of places to see.

Visited June 2013