The Budget Motel is definitely a one-star property and is inexpensive, but it offers a reasonably good value for its low price.
The property is family-run and the lobby is about one would expect from a one-star hotel - small, non-descript, and not fancy. However, the service was extremely friendly and helpful. Although our reservation - which was made ahead of time directly via phone call to the property - was somehow lost, the person who took our reservation the week earlier was at the property and we were quickly booked into the room.
The room was clean on all accounts, but nothing fancy. The TV worked, the AC worked, the water ran hot and cold (unlik other budget-conscious properties we have stayed at), and the bathroom area was neat and clean and tidy with plentiful towels. There were many little items here and there that didn't work or weren't in top shape - burned out light bulbs, broken/ripped light shade on one light, a crack in the bathroom wall where the shower was seated into the wall, hard-water deposits in the toilet bowl, a creaking floor joint - but for the price and the one-star rating, these things could be overlooked.
We stayed in a second-story room. Despite the heat of the summer, the AC unit took care of the heat in about 30 minutes. The TV had more stations than one would expect from a budget motel. The room was also extremely quiet. All in all, we had a restful night's sleep ... and definitely a stay worth the value of the price we paid.
1. The Budget Motel accepts AAA. It will save you about 10% on the reservation.
2. Ask for an upstairs room if one is available. The floor in our room creaked and I am certain it was heard into the room beneath us on the first floor.
3. If you plan to arrive after 8PM, be sure to note that when making your reservation. Delta itself starts closing up around 9PM and the hotel is no exception. You may also want to follow-up on your reservation to make sure it was actually booked and annotated.
4. If you left your amenities (e.g. toothbrush, toothpaste, shaving cream, etc.), the lobby has the items for sale at somewhat inflated "convenience" prices. If you forgot such things, the better bet is to go the grocery store located about 150 yards west of the property.
5. The Budget Motel is located about a half-black south of Main Street at 350 East. Be sure to look closely as you are traveling on Main Street and it should get you there.
6. The Budget Motel is also located about 50 yards east of a McDonald's - handy for breakfast or a snack - and within about 150 yards east of a Subway sandwich store (which starts locking up promptly at 8:45PM).
7. If you are looking for a quick dip in a swimming pool after a hot day, this property is not for you.
8. Cell phone reception can be "iffy" at times. Being in Delta, this problem is NOT an exclusive problem associated with the Budget Motel.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.