“Very Good” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dallas
“Very Good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

Two meals here and both were very good. I didn't know there was an upstairs as stated below. The service was good and people friendly. I liked the salad bar included with the meal. A buddy and I were on a motorcycle trip to Tahoe from Dallas and were weathered in here at Delta for an extra day. The two steak house were closed so the hotel clerk recommended The Rancher for Saturday evening. Sunday the Mexican place near the hotel was closed so we returned to the Rancher. Good choice.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Coraopolis, PA
“Great steak”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

Have been here for breakfast but tried it for dinner this time. Delish! Got the rib eye steak and it was mouthwatering. Cooked perfectly as ordered, it was a lot of steak and I ended up taking it to go. One suggestion would be to have better lighting on the salad bar. I have vision problems and it was hard to see what was available.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
n/a
“Eaten at Rancher twice.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

The Rancher has two eateries - the Cafe on the ground floor and the Gold Room (?) on the upper floor (Fri-Sun dinner).
The Cafe has good, basic diner food with an ample supply of locals discussing life and events in this small town. I had late dinner and early breakfast the first time. I had good breakfast at counter the second time and talked with locals who were there early on a Sunday morning.

The upstairs Gold room is a 'fine dining' place - white tablecloths, cloth napkins, glassware, etc. The menu includes steaks and other dinner fare. I had 1/2 rack ribs - they were OK but dry, and I suspect other entrees are better. (The special that night was New York steak and lobster.) The french onion soup was very good and the salad bar extensive (greens with lots of things to add and dressings to cover). Although pretty full with I finished, I decided to try their home-made pie - I chose apple over cherry and blueberry and various creme pies. Served warm, the crust and top layer were flaky and good. Apples were cooked and seasoned well. The 'liquid' was thicker than I prefer. But overall tasty, particularly with the vanilla IC.
If I were in Delta again I'd probably try another place, not 'cause this was bad, but because I'd want to see what else there is. (I did go to The Loft steakhouse, but found out it was for private parties only!)

Visited July 2013