“ew ew ew” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Clearfield

Days Inn Clearfield
You added Days Inn Clearfield to your Saves list
Days Inn Clearfield
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   572 North Main Street; off I-15 exit 335, Clearfield, UT 84015 (Formerly Super 8)   |
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Clearfield
Boston, Massachusetts
“ew ew ew”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2011

would nottttt stay here again- rude staff, the room had long hair all over it ( on the linens, in the bathroom, on the bed YUCK ) and when i mapped it , it said it was .5mi from where my other friends were staying to attend a wedding when in fact it was 2 exits farther north then where i needed to be. just horrible. hard to find location, not enough lighting and in a place you don't really know, you want to know you're safe it did not provide that warm fuzzy feeling at ALL. and the 'fitness' center is a joke! its a small closet of a room with a tredmill and a radio plugged into the wall, no windows, totally misleading.
upon checking in i was turned off by this place because the girl at the desk had suchhhhh an attitude, like i was bothering her? sorry! first and last experience staying here, and probably at any Days Inn in general.

Room Tip: don't stay here- spend the extra few bucks on a nicer hotel in general
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Washington State
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2011

We've stayed here three times. We stay here only because the rate has been the lowest in the area, but the rate has climbed--we paid $80.00 with a AAA discount tonight for a room with two double beds--on the very firm side, no fridge or microwave and a tub that is clogged. The hotel has been awarded 5 sunshines by the Wyndham people, and I can't help but wonder what they use for criteria.

On the plus side, the decor is reaonably pleasant, there is free wifi and a desk to set your laptop, and breakfast is served--waffles and cereal. The front desk staff is helpful: when the tv didn't work properly, she came immediately to fix the problem. The lobby is nice with a few magazines to look through, the room is reasonably clean, except for the plugged up tub, there are several pillows on each bed, and the rooms are quiet with interior corridors.

I think the next time we come to this area to visit our friend, we will look more closely at other properties and maybe pay a bit more to get a room with a fridge. This is a very basic room and is ok for one night, but if you like a softer bed and a larger room, check around.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2011

My stay at this Days Inn was better than I expected. From the outside, it looked pretty run-down but once you get inside, it looked very nice! The room I received was very tidy and it made me feel at home. The hotel also served breakfast in the morning, which was very good. The only thing I would recommend is better pastries. The pastries seemed very cheap. But overall, I did enjoy my breakfast. The customer service I received from this young lady (Christy...I think her name was) was very professional. She helped me with everything I needed! I needed to check in early and she was willing to work with me and give me a room early! I appreciated everything she did for me that day. I will certainly come back to this hotel in the future!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Dahlonega, GA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2011 via mobile

It took us three room changes to find one that was clean. We were tired and took the third one. The heater had been left on high and the room was burning up. We had to leave the windows open on our ground floor room which was not comforting given what outside looked like. We talked to the manager who apologized but made no amends. The ceiling in the hall was stained.

The guy at the front desk was very nice and did his best to help.

• Stayed February 2011
San Antonio, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2010

We stayed here one night as a stopover between Vegas and Yellowstone. It was pretty quiet, room seemed reasonably clean and not too shabby, continental breakfast was well-stocked with the typical fare. Overall, we had no real complaints.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Crestline, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2010

Normally, I would have a lot more to say about a motel in which I stayed. In this case, my stay at the Days Inn Clearfield came after an extremely long drive and was just a stopping point for the night. However, this motel was certainly perfect for such a stop and it gave me exactly what I needed -- a quiet, comfortable room in which I could get a good night's sleep.

I pulled in just at dusk so it is hard for me to talk about the full appearance of the area. It did appear to be a bit of a run down neighborhood (especially judging by the crowd at the convenience store across the street to the north) but I did not feel unsafe. My room was clean and everything appeared to be in good condition. The TV had at least a hundred channels from which to choose and the reception was excellent. The mini-fridge was plenty cold to keep my soda pops at a good temperature.

The bathroom was squeaky clean and came with plenty of soaps, shampoos, and towels. I slept later than I normally do in a motel and feared that everybody else would have taken up all of the hot water as is so often the case in many other motels. Thankfully, there was plenty of hot water even though I could hear water also running in the bathroom next to me.

On both check-in and check-out, the person working the desk was friendly and efficient. This place might be just a little pricey compared to other Days Inn locations but I would not hesitate to stay here again as I know that, if I return, I will get the best thing that any motel can give somebody -- a good night's rest.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Boise, Idaho
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2010

Following are my highlights of my recent stay:
1) checked in on July 3rd at 11:30 p.m. after a day long at Lagoon Amusement Park and the hotel clerk gave me a smoking room, even though I reserved a nonsmoking room.
2) I requested a nonsmoking room and was told that none were available and that I was checking in late at night.
3) The room was very stinky with cigarrete smoke and the bathroom toilet was dirty with the floors sticky.
4) Shower drain did not drain properly, so I requested on the morning of July 4th to clean the drain or fix it - neither happended.
5) The breakfast complimentary is a joke - if you happend to arrive at 9:31 a.m. the hotel clerks will come in and just pick up everything, no matter if guests are in the small breakfast area eating.

Do your self a favor - Pick another hotel!!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

Been to Days Inn Clearfield? Share your experiences!