“Odd little motel” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Bryce
south east wisconsin
“Odd little motel”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

Stayed only one night. Happy about that. A little scarey when you first arrive. Rooms small and furnished with throw away stuff. Shelving home made. In spite of all that it was clean and we survived ok. Luckily the people next door were quiet or it would have been a whole different story. The restaurant actually was quiet good and very modestly priced, so we were happy with that. There are lots better places around Bryce to stay, but this is at least cheaper for the area.

Room Tip: Try for an end room so you don't have someone on both sides of you.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Rochester, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

Stayed here on way to Bryce Canyon because it was the cheapest place around. I was arriving late and leaving early so I picked this place. Room was clean but was very small. Walls were very thin and you could hear people talking in next room. People were very quiet when I was there and I had no trouble sleeping. Shower was strange since it had no shower curtain so when showering water went all over bathroom floor. The restaurant attached to the place wasn't bad. It was diner like and the food was quite good and reasonable. If you are going to be any longer than I was, I would recommend looking for a more expensive place. Location is good, it is only 3 miles from Bryce entrance.

New Brunswick, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

How about this;
Staff was surly. Even at the bakery.
Beds were swayboards.
No toilet paper.
I had to fix the blinds.
I had to fix the door lock.
The bathroom was filhty.
Floors were filthy.
Outside was trashy.
No lighting in room.
This place should have closed up in the 60's.
Drive on, no matter how far to another place.

Room Tip: Go down the road. Period!
Akron, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

Having traveled out west a few times now, I am aware that "motels" do not offer what you would typically get in a hotel. This Motel was at the lowest end of anything I could have imagined.
First room we were given had a small frig and microwave. No remote control. The air conditioner had no guts in it, so just threw out little air from the fan only. We went back to the greasy restaurant where the office is located, and they gave us a second room. This room was worse than the first. This one had a TV that had to be at least 25 years old. Of course no remote control. The window would not close, leaving a gap of about 3 inches , so could not lock the window. There was a huge hole in the screen. Needless to say I did not feel very secure in the room. Room was so dark inside you could not really see if it was clean. It reeked of Febreeze I and had a hard time even breathing in room and out in hall also. The door was not locked very tight and anyone could have just pushed the door open.
We told the hotel management that the room was not acceptable and that we would not be staying there.They assured us that the charge would be taken off our card, but as of today it is still on there. It has been 10 days. Stay away from this Motel, You will leave this place feeling dirty and afraid for your life. Just ruined out whole day.

Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

We stay in this motel when we were visiting the Bryce canyon. We chose this motel since the motels in town are full. When I book the reservation, they charged me some money for deposit and said this amount of money will be deducted from the total amount of money when I check in. But those cheaters they didn't, of course. I didn't notice that when we were checking in, because everybody was tired after a full-day-driving. So they charge me as same amount as deposit twice. I found that issue a weak later, while calculating the final cost of the trip. Then I called them and told them the mistake they made. However, they just said that they don't understand me, and hand up the phone, right away. I tried to call back, but never went through, again. I write them a E-mail and attached my bank account details to prove it. And them never reply. I will never, ever, be in this motel, again! It makes me sick!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
studio city
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

We stayed at Fosters for 3 nights. Pros: Close to the National Park - just 5 minutes from the park entrance, there is a restaurant and a grocery/bakery, the room had 2 beds with clean sheets and a TV, rate was $75/night, hot water in the shower. Cons: the room was dark, poor lighting, felt like any 14 year old could break in via the window or the door. No tissues, no hairdryer, not enough towels, no clocks of any sort, very tired, rundown, and and dreary. We ate in the restaurant twice; dinner was ok not great, breakfast was also ok not great. Glad we got to see the park - very beautiful.

Room Tip: Try the Best Western - note that the owners of Ruby's seem to own a lot of the rooms at the park...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012 via mobile

I started getting reservations for our Grand Canyon and other Canyon vacation in Febuary 2012. Bryce Canyon area was already sold out and Foster's Motel was the only place with vacancys. For some reason the room were going for $70.00 a night so I snapped up three considering myself lucky. You get what you pay for. These rooms were filthy and run down. The windows and air-conditners were installed in the '80s and hadn't been touched since then. The towels were worn out and thin, and the room carpets were indoor/outdoor dirty things. The bathrooms had been remodeled recently and there was plenty of hot water. We got what we needed, shelter from the elements, a place to go to the bathroom, and a shower. I would negotiate lower room rates though.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Foster's Bryce Canyon Motel? Share your experiences!