“Great Family Ski Resort!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Activities: Skiing, Mountain biking, Four-wheeling
More attraction details
Owner description: Winter and summer resort offering downhill and cross-country skiing and snowmobiling in the winter, and mountain biking, hiking, and ATV riding during the summer months.
“Great Family Ski Resort!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

BrianHead was our family's first ski experience. No lines, great instructors, and the general kindness of staff made it a great experience for us.

Only problem we encountered was being put in intermediate lesson group instead of beginner ( we were late after getting kids checked in so I guess they were trying to accommodate us) while my husband picked up quickly, I did not, and felt like I was holding group back. I gave up half way in lesson out of frustration. No fault of instructor , he gave it his best effort. Next day on my own using what little I did pick up I managed to get growing and enjoyed myself.

Our kids all had great instructors and were snowboarding and having a blast in no time! They LOVED it!!

Only advice: if you are taking lessons, and getting kids in ski school, get there very early as the process (where to go, who you are to meet with) for a first timer is a little confusing.

Visited March 2014

Weldon, California
9 attraction reviews
“Great place to ski!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

This was our second trip to Brian Head Resort we love it there is something for everyone and all skill levels. So no matter you are in for a good time. The only draw back this trip was a mountain wide power outage and my husband got stuck on the chair life for almost an hour in the snow.

Visited March 2014
Las Vegas NV
44 attraction reviews
“A Novice Review”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

Just got back from my 2nd trip to Brian Head. Last year, we spent a day on the Navajo side. It was only my 2nd time snowboarding and about a decade since my first time. The Navajo side has more "greens" for the noobs like me. The shorter lift gets you going and I got great use out of it. Then I tried the longer lift and I was exhausted by the time I reached the bottom. Out of shape indeed!

For the harder core, the Giant Steps side seems to be where it's at. That's where we spent our day this year. There are still a couple of green runs and they were enough for me to have a good time and again be reminded how out of shape I am.

I'm sore in various areas but I already can't wait to go back!

Valencia, CA
9 attraction reviews
“Very nice & easy-to-do ski area”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

I have been to Brian Head many times over the years and still think it is a great value. It is a bit of a drive from L.A. for weekend skiing but is a nice alternative to Mammoth once in a while. We stay in Cedar City -- about 40 minutes away -- and the overall value is superb. Brian Head itself is mostly a nice mix of intermediate and beginner runs. Expert runs are usually when there are moguls, which are generally not that bad for intermediates and up. It is much bigger than anything local around L.A. and generally has very good conditions. We always have our own equipment so I can't say anything about their rentals. But if you want a reasonably priced uncrowded ski weekend where you can just kick back and enjoy yourself, this is a great place. Try to include Tuesdays where the all-day adult pass is only $25.00!

Las Vegas, Nevada
“Poor rental equipment spoiled a half decent resort.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

Firstly I have never been disappointed in anywhere enough to write a review before now but the rental equipment from Giant Lodge was so poor. On first inspection an Atomic board and bindings with Vans boots would seem like good equipment but the level of maintenance was sub standard. The Vans boots were without fault however after the first run the front and rear bindings both became noticeably loose, board off and back to the rental desk to be greeted by non-plusses staff. They patched it up and off I went again, same run same results so again back to the rental desk. This time I requested a change of board but again there was a distinct lack of interest and the statement 'that's just how they are man'. Again they butchered the bindings and sent me on my way. A few more runs later both bindings slackened again with a real sensation of my feet pivoting on the board. On a third attempt to get them sorted I was met by the same apathetic approach so handed it in with no sign of an apology/change of equipment or refund. A good resort with plenty of good facilities was soured by a poor excuse of a rental facility. All the more dissappointing as I had heard such good things about Brian Head, will not be returning.