“Great place to ski!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 4 Attractions in Brian Head
Type: Ski/ Snowboard Areas, Biking Trails, Wellness & Spas
Activities: Mountain biking, Four-wheeling, Skiing
More attraction details
Owner description: Year round resort offers downhill and cross-country skiing in the winter, mountain biking and ATV rides in the warmer months.
Weldon, California
9 attraction reviews
“Great place to ski!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

This was our second trip to Brian Head Resort we love it there is something for everyone and all skill levels. So no matter you are in for a good time. The only draw back this trip was a mountain wide power outage and my husband got stuck on the chair life for almost an hour in the snow.

Visited March 2014

Las Vegas NV
43 attraction reviews
“A Novice Review”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

Just got back from my 2nd trip to Brian Head. Last year, we spent a day on the Navajo side. It was only my 2nd time snowboarding and about a decade since my first time. The Navajo side has more "greens" for the noobs like me. The shorter lift gets you going and I got great use out of it. Then I tried the longer lift and I was exhausted by the time I reached the bottom. Out of shape indeed!

For the harder core, the Giant Steps side seems to be where it's at. That's where we spent our day this year. There are still a couple of green runs and they were enough for me to have a good time and again be reminded how out of shape I am.

I'm sore in various areas but I already can't wait to go back!

Valencia, CA
9 attraction reviews
“Very nice & easy-to-do ski area”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

I have been to Brian Head many times over the years and still think it is a great value. It is a bit of a drive from L.A. for weekend skiing but is a nice alternative to Mammoth once in a while. We stay in Cedar City -- about 40 minutes away -- and the overall value is superb. Brian Head itself is mostly a nice mix of intermediate and beginner runs. Expert runs are usually when there are moguls, which are generally not that bad for intermediates and up. It is much bigger than anything local around L.A. and generally has very good conditions. We always have our own equipment so I can't say anything about their rentals. But if you want a reasonably priced uncrowded ski weekend where you can just kick back and enjoy yourself, this is a great place. Try to include Tuesdays where the all-day adult pass is only $25.00!

Las Vegas, Nevada
“Poor rental equipment spoiled a half decent resort.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

Firstly I have never been disappointed in anywhere enough to write a review before now but the rental equipment from Giant Lodge was so poor. On first inspection an Atomic board and bindings with Vans boots would seem like good equipment but the level of maintenance was sub standard. The Vans boots were without fault however after the first run the front and rear bindings both became noticeably loose, board off and back to the rental desk to be greeted by non-plusses staff. They patched it up and off I went again, same run same results so again back to the rental desk. This time I requested a change of board but again there was a distinct lack of interest and the statement 'that's just how they are man'. Again they butchered the bindings and sent me on my way. A few more runs later both bindings slackened again with a real sensation of my feet pivoting on the board. On a third attempt to get them sorted I was met by the same apathetic approach so handed it in with no sign of an apology/change of equipment or refund. A good resort with plenty of good facilities was soured by a poor excuse of a rental facility. All the more dissappointing as I had heard such good things about Brian Head, will not be returning.

Chicago, Illinois
“Hidden Gem”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

Reasonably priced lift tickets and rentals. No wait on the lifts. Many food options at Giant Steps but tight on seating. Well maintained. Great shuttle service constantly looping through resort and town.

We drove up in snowstorm and the setting was absolutely picturesque. Would love to return in the summer and check it out again. Highly recommend Cedar Breaks Lodge to complete the Brian Head experience.