“Worse than just Terrible” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children
Good for: Families with children
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Worse than just Terrible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

I knew that as much as I travel the United States in my work I would sooner or later come across the WORSE steak house in this country and tonight I did. Do not waste time eating at this place. I ordered a 14 oz Ribeye Steak for $19.99, I ordered in Mid Rare, the cook charbroiled it on one side but because it was cut so thin, he could not flip it over to cook it because it would have come to me as Well Done, so they served it to me coated in pepper and only cooked on one side, the other side was refrigerator cold. When I asked for it to be cooked on both sides the cook burned the heck out of it then served me a more than well done steak when I had ordered a mid rare steak. It was tougher than the leather on the bottom of my boots. To make me feel good about a burnt steak they dumped a pile of Squash/Carrots and Raw Mushrooms on my plate. This is one customer that will never go back, 10 people in this place and I was the only stupid one there that ordered a steak in a steakhouse. They all laughed at me when they saw what I had ordered.

• Visited December 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Sharon G, Owner at Homestead Steak House, responded to this review, December 21, 2013
Thank you for your review. I am sorry you did not enjoy your meal. I am holding your canceled ticket. It shows that you ordered a 10 oz. ribeye not a 14 oz,, medium rare with baked potato and sautéed fresh vegetable medley. I spoke with the cook and the waitress to get a better idea of what happened. He had originally cooked it to medium rare as requested but you wanted it cooked more. He then cooked it to medium and sent it back. We do try hard to cook our steaks as requested. We serve Choice Angus aged Beef, hand cut and cook them on a flame grill to impart flavor. Our vegetable medley consists of fresh broccoli, yellow squash, mushrooms, and carrots. They are cooked together until the broccoli is cooked but not over cooked. The mushrooms would have been cooked at the same time. Again not over cooked.

Longmont, Colorado
“Good, basic meal here”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

Good food here, in a town with few non-fastfood Our meal was fine though the menu was not exciting. No alcohol served.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Overwhelmed staff”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

We were in Blanding doing some touring while the parks were closed (Thank you Congress). The night we were at Homestead for dinner, the two waitresses were overwhelmed..and apparently so was the kitchen. they were out of a number of items, including baked potatoes. We found a couple of things to order after waiting quite awhile. The food was average and and mine was a little on the cold side, which made the trout a little fishy.

My advice, if the place is packed try somewhere else.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Durango, Colorado
“Should have picked the beef”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

The mashed potatoes tasted instant, and the Chicken Fried Chicken and potatoes almost had more gravy than food. Ask for the gravy on the side unless you really like gravy!

Visited October 2013
Moab, Utah, United States
“short staffed, long waits”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

This little place has good food if you can get waited on. The homemade raspberry jam with the biscuits is simply DELISH if you get them. I have been in both for lunch and dinner as I am in the area frequently. The food has been good both times and the service is really friendly, just overwhelmed. This is not the place to stop if you want to get in and get out because good food takes time and they appear to be chronically understaffed in the service department.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere