“Not Quality” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 10 hotels in Beaver
Casper, WY
“Not Quality”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2009

There were bugs and mold in the bathroom and the toilet did not flush properly. The carpet was dirty. The desk clerk said the pool was open, but the sign on the door to the pool said it was closed. The juice machine and waffle batter dispenser didn't work at breakfast. We won't be staying there ever again!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
lisa c, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, April 12, 2012
I apologize for the unsatisfactory stay you had back in 2009. We are currently under new management and have changed our staff and are renovating our hotel. We have taken steps to ensure that the problems you experienced do not happen again. Please let us redeem ourselves by accepting a complimentary room on your next trip through Beaver
Contact me at the hotel and I will make the arrangements.

Quality Inn Beaver

Mgr.

44 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Berkeley, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2009

We stayed here as we were driving through Utah with our two cats. The room was clean (we were worried it might be gross since they allow pets). The wireless internet was helpful. The indoor swimming pool and hot tub were nice but filled with loud children. Twenty minutes drive east of the hotel are some nice mountains and hiking areas. Overall, it was well worth the price.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2008

Hotel was clean, staff fairly courteous. Continental breakfast was below average. But a good value for $60 and it was close to Bryce Canyon and Cedar Breaks.

Stayed July 2008
Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2007

Avoid this hotel. the toilet and air conditioner did not work. The toilet did not flush properly and the air conditioner filter was so full of dust etc that it did not work. In the bathroom there was mold all over the ceiling so no one wanted to use the shower.

• Liked — Nothing.
  • Disliked — The lack of cleaniness and lack of sanitation.
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
lisa c, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, April 12, 2012
I apologize for the unsatisfactory stay and the inconvience you experienced with our hotel back in 2007. We have since updated our hotel and staff and hope you might try us again on your way through Beaver. I apologize again and please accept a complimentary on us.

Sincerly,

Quality Inn Beaver
Mgr.
Roswell,NM
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2007

We chose this hotel for its location to Bryce Canyon National Park. Since our trip was last minute and it is hard to find rooms close to the canyon on short notice, we thought this was a good choice. The hotel and rooms were clean. The bathroom sink area was horribly small with barely enough counter space for extras like hairspray or cosmetics. The indoor pool was okay, but had a lot of chlorine in it, (my swimsuit still smells of chlorine even after a thorough hand washing). The continental breakfast had very little to choose from and was the most disapointing. But overall our two night stay was comfortable.

• Liked — Clean rooms
  • Disliked — Breakfast
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Goodyear, AZ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2005

Smarter Travel's "Significant Organization Rate" saved us quite a bit for night's stay in this hotel. Rooms were spacious & reasonably clean. Only negatives were a pretty sad continental breakfast & while the hotel was pet-friendly, even though we included in our internet reservation the fact that we were travelling with a pet, it was ignored at check-in by the desk clerk but then became a problem later. As we were leaving the hotel upon checking out the next morning, the hotel manager jumped all over my mother when he saw her bring our toy poodle out of our non-smoking room. He yelled at her saying "That's NOT a dog room." Overhearing him yelling at my mom, I explained to him that we were "up-front" with the hotel about the dog and included it in our reservation, but no one at the front desk said anything about their being special rooms for dogs. He then said "ok" and that was the end of it, but I didn't feel he was right in yelling at my mother that way. It wasn't even her dog & she had stayed in another room. For dinner the night of our arrival we ate at Arshell's in downtown Beaver. There were good ratings for this cafe on Trip Advisor, but we found the food to be about the worst we had on our two-week trip to the Northwest. Prices were high, also. Waitresses were friendly, & perhaps it was just what we ordered (do not recommend the fried minute steaks--both my wife's and my steaks were burned. My mom and dad's hot beef sandwiches were quite salty they said.)

Gilbert, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2005

Stayed at this Quality inn for one night while on a road trip through the west. Convenient right off of I-15, but really nothing else around other than a truck stop and the adjacent family restaurant. Linens/carpeting appeared on the newer side, and bathroom was clean. However, it did not appear to have been vacuumed well, if at all, as there was a good deal of food on the floor (which my dog promptly found), and hair from a former occupant. Staff, while not unfriendly, is not overly helpful. Be sure to bring a printed copy of your reservation if you have made any special requests (for a pet room for example), as they claimed I did not request a pet room and there were none available...until I showed them it was clearly in the reservation notes as it printed out on my copy. I was reluctantly given a non-pet room. I was not asked how my stay was at check out, nor thanked for my stay. Very limited cont. breakfast (bagles, muffins, cereal, fruit, juice and coffee). We just grapped some fruit and happily checked out. I did not go in to the hotel expecting luxury...just a clean place to sleep for the night before continuing our drive. What made the overall impression even less was the ambivilent attitude of the staff.

• Stayed June 2005

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!