“better than other available motels in Yorktown” 3 of 5 stars

Yorktown Inn and Suites
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   949 West Main Street, Yorktown, TX 78164   |
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Yorktown
Mayville, Wisconsin
“better than other available motels in Yorktown”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

First time visit to Yorktown. Hotel is a year old. Room was clean, beds comfortable. Very minimal amenities. Would be nice to have a place to put luggage rather than on the floor. Staff should plan breakfast so that there is enough for late risers. No hot food available upon getting to the breakfast area at 0830. Staff sitting at a breakfast table talking when they could have been cleaning up the tables. Would like to see more seating outdoors. Only available seating was in the smoking area. They did have a folding chair available to take outdoors which was helpful. They were helpful in reassigning our room to be near another family member. For the cost of a nights stay, I think I would drive further to Victoria to get more bang for your buck.

Room Tip: We had a room on the second floor facing the parking lot. Lots of bright sunshine which we enjoyed.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Couples
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed in some lousy hotels in my time, but the Yorktown Inn & Suites takes the prize as worst hotel stay I have ever had. I checked in and got up to my room where I discovered a bathroom that was never cleaned. The trash can contained a fast food sandwich & fries which had become home to ants. Out of curiosity i peeled back the bed sheets to inspect it for pubic hairs, etc. upon doing this I found 2 scorpions that I killed and flushed. I set about to take some pictures of this mess when I noticed another scorpion in the tub making the count a total of 3. I brought these findings to the owner, of the hotel, Sam Patel. Upon informing him that I am checking out and demanding a refund, the man was extremely rude, directly insulting, threatening, and reluctant to waive my charges. He basically accused ME of lying to him and trying to sabotage his business. With great contest, he relented and waived my credit card charges. My advise is to avoid this altogether. Stay away. If this place is your last option, sleep in your truck

• Stayed June 2013

Been to Yorktown Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Yorktown Inn and Suites

Address: 949 West Main Street, Yorktown, TX 78164
Location: United States > Texas > Yorktown
Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Suites
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Yorktown
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Yorktown Inn and Suites 2.5*
Both business and leisure travelers will find the charming, Yorktown Inn and Suites Texas an ideal lodging choice. Rest easy knowing you're getting a great value on a clean, comfortable guestroom.Welcome at home as you enjoy favor signature friendly service. Settle in for either a short or long stay with a fine array of amenities. Take it slow as our central location puts everything from attract ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Booking.com so you can book your Yorktown Inn and Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Yorktown Inn and Suites, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.