“Bad experience” 3 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Pine Bluff, Arkansas
“Bad experience”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

I was visiting family in Wylie, so not very many places to choose from. The staff was not friendly at all. They need to be trained on politeness. Especially to travelers who are already tired from traveling. I have traveled a lot and never been treated the way I was at this hotel. I Stayed two nights. I had stayed here a couple years ago and was very pleased. The rooms have not changed a bit from previous stay, except they are becoming run down. The desk chair arm needed repaired, the toliet did not work properly. General maint. and it would be fine.

The worst part of my stay was that the day after I arrived my room was not cleaned. The bed was not made, the towels left behind on the floor were still on the floor and no clean towels available. I went to the front desk and was given towels. When I asked for wash clothes, I was given a hand towel that had been torn in half. I asked if there was not wash clothes availabe and I was told no this was the best that could be done for me. I asked to speak to somone in charge and was told that I would have to do that over the internet.

The walls are very thin and had trouble sleeping the second night due to noise.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Dellyn L, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Wylie Inn, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.
On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. At Best Western we strive every day to provide a superior customer experience. We will use the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we provide a better experience in the future.
I know this is not an excuse, we have a new employee that obviously needs more training. This would have been my fault for lack of training. He should not have given you anything torn in half. We have plenty of fresh wash clothes. He will not work by himself until further training has been done.
The reports said the room was clean, I will speak with housekeeping regarding their reports being wrong and items being turned in to maintenance for repair.
Because we value your business, we would like to provide you with a 75% discount to use towards a future stay. When you’re ready to use this discount, please contact me directly and I will personally assist you with your reservation.
Please consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with superior service. You can reach me directly at 972-429-1771.

BEST WESTERN PLUS Wylie Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Mt.. Juliet TN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

Thin walls made sleep quality VERY poor. Two of the four couples in our group moved to different rooms. Staff was very accommodating and hotel very clean and nice, but you could hear the man next door snoring. If the noise had not been a problem we would have given it a 5 rating.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for your review. I am sorry to hear you did not have a good night sleep. If you are back in the area please call me directly to set up your reservation. I will reserve you a quite room, away from other rooms. Of course I can not guarantee no noise, however some of our rooms are more quite than others. We hope to see you back again soon.
972-429-1771
Little Rock, Arkansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

Hotel was the nearest for a Christmas family visit. The place was modern and clean. We didn't have the breakfast so I can't comment on it. The clerks were pleasant enough but there seemed to be a lack of attention to detail. If the people simply paid attention and were empowered this could be an excellent hotel.

For example, when I made my reservation, I telephoned directly to the hotel. I spoke to a pleasant enough person, but she quoted a rate that was $10 higher than the online rate. Instead of offering to match it, she said that the online rate was inconvenient, you couldn't make changes once it was booked and the card would be charged immediately upon reservation. So I booked with the online BW service. It turns out that none of what she told me was true as I had to cancel my reservation and re book due to weather. Best Western national reservations did it all by telephone, pleasantly and professionally- no charge, no fuss. When we did check into the hotel, I casually asked if our staying a second night would pose a problem. The girl checking us in really hesitated and implied that she couldn't really tell us. So we didn't stay the extra night. In my 30+ years of traveling all over the USA, Europe and other parts of the world, the ONLY time a hotel had problems with an extra day was when they were overbooked- this is understandable. This hotel only had about ten cars in the parking lot. It looked to me that their occupancy rate was pretty low and they threw away a potential room rental. As my wife is somewhat handicapped, I put a remark/request in my online reservation- "Wife has impaired mobility". The service doesn't guarantee that the request will be fulfilled. I am glad that they made the disclaimer because even though the hotel occupancy was low that evening, our room was the absolute farthest room from the elevator! Maybe the help doesn't read or maybe they don't understand the word "impaired".

The moral of the story- property is fine, maybe even above average. People need some training as to how to handle customers correctly. Maybe management doesn't empower them, I do not know. Just be aware. And, make your reservation on-line as you get fairer pricing!

We would consider staying again as it is the only game in town and probably personnel will turn over anyway.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dellyn L, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Wylie Inn, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Thank you for your feedback on our hotel, which I have shared with our staff. I will address the problems you encountered. I do apologize, I believe some was a misunderstanding. Our front desk quoted you our rate. It looks like when you booked the reservation the second time you received the Senior/AARP rate (10% off). We do have that here at the property also. There is also a rate online that you can prepay in advance with no cancellation that will give you an even lower rate(15-20% off). This was the rate they would have been referring too. Any time a guest has an AARP or AAA card it is 10% off. However we do not offer this unless the guest let us know they qualify or when they check in and we see they have one of the cards or a senior ID. I will make sure the front desk knows to be more clear and give details in the future.
We have 51 rooms at our hotel, on the Friday night you had requested to stay over we sold 47 of these. All we had left when you had asked were on the smoking floor. If she did not offer one of these to you I apologize. We value all of our guest, the more nights the better. In regards to you needing a room closer to the entrance. We had a construction group in who has most of our two queen non-smoking rooms. We had two left both on the second floor at the end of the hall. We do have accessible rooms available in a king or two queens. If you reserve this room type you will be near an entrance.
I do hope you enjoyed your stay and next time you are coming to town you may call me directly and I will reserve you the best room at the best rate we have. 972-429-1771
Sand Springs, Oklahoma, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

Had a great time at hotel!! Rooms were clean and well keeped. We went shopping in Allen at the outlet mall. Had Wal-mart right across the street and plenty eating place down the street from it also. We will stay again if we are in the area.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Dellyn L, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Wylie Inn, responded to this review, January 1, 2013
I am so glad to hear you a great stay at our property. Thank you for the review. I know our staff works hard to insure everyone's stay is pleasant. The Allen Outlets are a fun place to shop. Next time you are in town, check out the Firewheel Mall, it is only eight miles from the hotel. They are not outlets. However you can always find some great deals. Hope you had a wonderful Holiday and Happy New Year!
Cottondale, Alabama, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

We went to visit family. I booked online simple and easy. We got there got checked in. Rooms are still very nice and big. Free internet was great. They have a pool but it is not heated, so we did not use it in December it was too cold. Breakfast was great eggs, sausage, toast, pastries, and other breakfast products. Chen in and Check out was a breeze.

The only downside was the bed, This time it was me and the wife. So we got the king size bed. It had 4 very small pillows on it. So I advise you bring your own pillows, as we will next time.

Rooms are big, as well as the bathroom. I like a big bathroom we could both fit in there at one time without squishing each other. Downside, ran out of hot water while taking shower.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dellyn L, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Wylie Inn, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
It is great to hear from you again. I am assuming your oldest child did well on the interview they were here for. Thank you for letting everyone know about your experience at our hotel. We hope to see you here again soon!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012 via mobile

We didn't have reservations and this is the only hotel in Wylie, TX so when they told us all that was available was a smoking room we took it. The hallway leading to our room smelled like a bar and when we got into the room it was if cigarettes had been left burning in there nonstop the smell was so powerful. It was clean however the chair was quite stained. If we had of had a non-smoking room I would certainly be able to rank this hotel in a much better way.

• Stayed September 2012
Dellyn L, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Wylie Inn, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
Thank you for your review and for staying with us here in Wylie. It is unfortunate to hear you had to stay in a smoking room when that was not your preference. I do hope you get a chance to stay with us again. Please call me directly if you are in the area and I will make your reservation, this next time for a nonsmoking room. 972-429-1771.
Cottondale, Alabama, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

I had to drive my oldest child out to Wylie Tx for a job interview. They had one room left. It had 2 queen beds, a fridge, a microwave, a desk and an ironing board.

The bathroom was very nice and spacious, the pool was a surprize as well.

The free breakfast was great.

My only gripe was the bed was hard as a rock, but after being on the road for 11 hours i needed 4 hours of sleep.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Dellyn L, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Wylie Inn, responded to this review, July 27, 2012
Thanks so much for your review. I'm glad that you were able to have an enjoyable experience at our hotel. I do hope you slept well. Good luck to your child with their interview, I hope all went well. We hope you will consider Best Western in your future travels. Best regards, Dellyn Lohmar

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Wylie Inn? Share your experiences!