“Good place to overnight” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Waco - Woodway

Save Saved
You added Motel 6 Waco - Woodway to your Saves list
Motel 6 Waco - Woodway
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7007 Waco Dr, US 84 West, Woodway, TX 76712 (Formerly Travelodge Waco)   |
Ranked #6 of 6 hotels in Woodway
Lindale Texas, USA
“Good place to overnight”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is a little out of the way but was an excellent value for the money. The room was clean enough and the front desk staff was helpful and friendly. All in all it was a worthwhile place to stay for the night.

• Stayed November 2012

19 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2012

I was unable to make the trip from Dallas to Waco .I began by calling the hotel at 3:00.Travel lodge as the parent company would not cancel it for me.They said because I was within 24 hours I was out on my money and because I did not book through them.I was booked trough Travel Today which has no return phone.I called again and again and fnally got through to the desk at the hotel to tell them I was not coming.She says thats fine its your money. I said exactly and that I would never stay at a Travel lodge propretrty again.She said she was okay with this.

Room Tip: Do not have anything to do with travel lodge
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
austin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2011

I wish I could give this hotel a ZERO. This hotel was so disgusting. Our room and hotel smelled like urine and when we complained to the front desk all they said is that it was a pet friendly hotel. The carpet was extremely dirty and the bathroom was dingy. The furniture was outdated and the towels felt like sandpaper. I stayed here during Homecoming and the room was 99.00 a night, which is the worst 99 dollars that I have ever spent.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
San Antonio, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2011

After one night in our room, we awoke to bed bugs in our bed and blood stains on the sheets. We informed the desk clerk who came up and caught one. He said that they would exterminate but offered us no other help (other than garbage bags for our belongs). We informed Travelodge who say this is not their problem and referred us to the owner of this specific Travelodge hotel (it is a franchise).

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Allen
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2010

I won't ever stay at this place again - the customer service makes the place even worst than the smell and cleanliness issues...

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2010

Unless you don’t mind being told to “Shut up” in front of your children by the front desk clerk, I HIGHLY suggest you DO NOT EVER stay at this particular Travelodge!

Besides having the WORST COSUMER SERVICE I’ve ever received in a hotel, this particular TRAVELODGE IS ALSO PEST INFESTED!!

If you’re still on the fence about whether or not you’d like to stay at this particular hotel… Please let me tell you about my experience at the TRAVELODGE located at 7007 Waco Dr, US 84 West, Waco, TX 76712….

Eagerly, my family and I arrived in Waco, Texas early Saturday morning to attend Baylor University’s Fall Tour (my niece’s 1st choice for medical school… go, Bears!)… After an exciting, but exhausting, adventure at Baylor University, my sister, her children, and I went to Travelodge to check in (we’d made arrangements via Priceline a month prior to visiting Waco).

Upon our arrival, we were greeted by Ms. Diana with, “We gave your rooms away. It will only be a few moments while we get your new rooms ready.” (Later, the manager informed my sister that the rooms we were originally supposed to reside in had plumbing problems… but, I’ll get to that soon!)

Thirty long minutes later, we were finally given our room cards. Thankfully, Ms. Diana was nice, so even though we were all exhausted and cold (it started to rain), we were happy that we were finally able to relax! Or… so, we thought!

The saga continues…

My nephew and I were in Room 220 and my sister and her daughter (my niece) were in Room 208. Both rooms had the air conditioners on, which would normally be a great… however, like I stated earlier, it had started to rain and we were all pretty much soaked and frozen to the bone!

Luckily, the air conditioners were also heaters, so I turned the air vent to the heat vent… BIG MISTAKE!!! The whole room became encapsulated in a horrid smell! My nephew and I went to my sister’s room in hopes of relaxing there… but, unfortunately, she had the same idea as we did… turning the air off and turning the heat on… in short, her room stank like old and rotten crotch, too!

To offset the revolting smell and the impending negative vibes, we all decided to change into our swimming attire and go to the hot tub to “warm up” and relax. Once we were at the pool area, we noticed right away that the “hot tub” was not functioning properly – the water was a gross tepid temperature – and, the pool was maybe five degrees warmer than the “hot tub”. In essence, it was NOT a good experience… the water actually left us all feeling slimy, disgusting, and totally unsatisfied.

We were only staying for the night before leaving out early the next day, so at this point, the only thing left to do was to order dinner (luckily, you can’t go wrong with pizza… thank you Dominos!), take our showers, and go to bed while watching some television.

After dinner (we were all in Room 220), I decided to shower while my sister, my niece, and my nephew watched television and finished their dinner. As I was getting into the shower, a HUGE LIZARD dropped from somewhere (I’m assuming the shower curtain, but I’m not certain!) hit my shoulder, and landed in the tub! Of course, I jump out of the shower while screaming at the top of my lungs in fright! I rush out of the room, (sorry folks!) naked as the day I was born, yelling, “We’re leaving, we’re leaving!! There’s a big *($&(&$&@@!! LIZARD in the tub, it dropped from the freaking ceiling!!

My niece (17 years old) and my nephew (ten years old) both rush into the bathroom to “investigate”… my nephew goes in… and, immediately turns around laughing… and, says, “You’re right, Aunt Toni… there is a lizard in the tub! Can I take a picture of it?!” Of course, I’m packing up our stuff as my sister and niece cleans up our dinner mess. In less than two minutes, we were all out of Room 220 and packing up in Room 208!

Since my sister actually made the reservations (via Priceline), she goes to the front desk to check us out. My niece, nephew, and I packed up the car, discussed whether or not we should go to the hotel across the highway, and waited for my sister in the parking lot. Ten minutes pass and curious about what’s taking my sister so long to check out, I leave my niece and nephew in the car and go back into the hotel.

As I walk into the front lobby, I notice my sister is at the front desk and a Mr. Ernest was at the computer typing. Ms. Diana (who checked us in) seemed to be getting ready to leave for the day, but irregardless, she was behind the counter as well. I wasn’t sure who was assisting my sister, so I asked her (my sister) what was taking so long.

My sister, who is the most even-tempered woman I know, shrugged her shoulders, and replied, “I don’t know. Mr. Ernest is having problems checking me out. ‘Gon back to the car and figure out where ya’ll wanna go… I’ll be there shortly.” In response, I shrug my shoulders and say, “Okie-dokey!”

I walk back to the car to wait with my niece and nephew…

Ten more minutes pass…

I go back into the hotel to find out what was going on… why it was taking so long to check out... it's normally a two minute process…

As I enter the lobby, I see my sister is on the phone and the first thing I hear is her asking the caller, “So, what you’re telling me is that you have issues with multiple rooms?” Extremely curious, I ask her who she was talking to… She covers the mouthpiece on the lobby phone and whispers, “The manager. She just told me that our original rooms were not given away, they both had plumbing issues and are being fixed.” All I could do was cringe and think ‘yuck!’

As I stood there, watching my sister get yelled at on the phone, I ask her, “Why is she yelling at you?” (I’m a disabled Desert Storm Veteran due to an unfortunate accident while I was an Active Duty Marine, that left me deaf in my left ear… Oohrah, Marine Corps! That said, if I can hear the lady speaking, believe me when I say she was yelling)…

After standing there listening to my sister go back and forth with the manager while get more and more upset and frustrated, I realize I’ve been in the hotel for awhile… I also had an opportunity to actually look at the hotel… let me tell you, it’s pretty dank. There’s missing tiles in the entrance way… there's rust and dust everywhere... the lobby has a wet, damp smell… and, I notice (unfortunately, for me!) three disgustingly, mangled mattress lying out by the trash cans (yuck!).

But, anyway… I digress!

Noticing how much time has elapsed; I get my sister’s attention and tell her that I’d be back… I was going to the parking lot to get the kids.

With my niece and nephew in tow, I return to the lobby. As we enter the hotel, we hear my sister say into the phone, “There’s no reason to yell at me, Ma'am… I’m the customer, remember? We just want to check out!” My nephew grabs my hand and asks me, “Aunt Toni, is everything alright?” My sister turns around, notices us, and asks me to take the kids back to the car. I tell my niece to stay with her mom and my nephew and I head back to the parking lot.

Anxiously, we wait… and, wait… after what seemed like eternity, we decide to go back in and check on progress.

As we enter the lobby, my niece is in tears and my sister (usually VERY calm and level-headed) is saying in a shill like tone, “We just want to get out of here. I don’t understand why you can’t check us out!” I ask my niece what was going on and she says, “The Asian man told my mother to shut up.” Shocked and surprised, I look at my niece blankly and in disbelief, say/ask, “Come again… he told your mother what?!”

My niece looked me in my eye and stated, “He told my mother to shut up.” I turn around and head for the front desk (trust me… I was not well! I could feel the leather on my neck tightening up - oohrah, Devil Dogs! ). Ms. Diane and Mr. Ernest were both still at the front desk, but Ms. Diane had her jacket in her hands. I ask them both, “What is going on? What is the problem? And, did someone tell my sister to shut up?”

Ms. Diane raises her eyebrows and clinches her teeth in a, "Please, God, why am I still here" look... She mutters, "Excuse me," as she turns around and goes into the back office. Mr. Ernest looks up from his computer and laughs while informing me, “Yes, I did tell her to shut up. She thawkie-thawkie too much!” Mind you, Mr. Ernest is much older than both my sister and I, but trust me when I say both my sister and I are very grown and have been for quite some time! Our mother doesn’t even tell us to shut up. So, you if you're anything like me... you can imagine my outrage at Mr. Ernest's cavalier and pompous attitude!

Calmly, I ask Mr. Ernest if he was the owner of the hotel. Mr. Ernest replied that he was not the owner.

I then asked him who and what gave him the authority to tell customers to shut up. Mr. Ernest laughed and with a shrug said, "She thwalks too much..."

I informed Mr. Ernest that my sister nor I appreciated his comments or opinions. I told Mr. Ernest that not only did I find his comments disrespectful and unprofessional, but rude and offensive as well. I told Mr. Ernest that he should apologize to my sister AND my niece for his behavior. I let Mr. Ernest know that I felt like NO ONE should be spoken to in the manner he had spoken to my sister. What made the situation even more reprehensible was the fact that Mr. Ernest was embolden to say things despicable words in front of her child. Both of her children… Mr. Ernest had absolutely no qualms about repeating what he said to my sister to me… In essence… Mr. Ernest didn’t tell my sister to shut up once… not twice... but, three times!!

To further add injury to insult, as I was speaking to Mr. Ernest, another hotel representative came from the back of the office with Ms. Diane. A young, Middle Eastern lady stepped up to the front desk and stated with barely veiled contempt, “What is the problem?” Affronted by her attitude, demeanor, and question, I say, "The problem is trying to check out of the Travelodge. "

I inform the lady that I was dang near accosted by a lizard while in the shower, so we wanted to leave, but unfortunately, it seemed like Mr. Ernest was unable to help us. But, in the process of NOT HELPING us, Mr. Ernest seemed quite comfortable telling my sister to shut up in front her of children.”

In response, the young, Middle Eastern hotel representative stated, “Ernest does not have the authority to check you out. You made your reservations through Priceline and we have not been paid yet.”

My sister asks the woman, “What does that mean for us?”

And, in a very nasty tone, the young woman states with a wave of her arm, “If you want to go, go. If there is nothing wrong with the room, you have nothing to worry about, but you cannot get your money back.”

Mind you, we never mentioned getting our money back. All we wanted and all we said we wanted to do was to check out. An hour after being scared out of my wits by the flying lizard, we were FINALLY able to leave the TRAVELODGE in Waco, Texas WITHOUT properly checking out!!

As unreal as this is to believe… it actually took us longer to check out than to check in… BELIEVE ME WHEN I SAY… WE WILL NEVER, EVER RESERVE ANOTHER ROOM AT THE TRAVELODGE in Waco, Texas!!!! AND, I WOULDN’T RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL TO OSAMA BIN LADEN, LET ALONE A DECENT, HARD WORKING CITIZEN LIKE YOU!!

DO YOURSELF A FAVOR… SLEEP IN YOUR CAR BEFORE RESERVING A ROOM AT THIS PARTICULAR TRAVELODGE… OR, HEAVEN FORBID… YOU MAY BE ON THIS SITE EXPRESSING YOUR TOTAL DISPLEASURE AND DISCONTENT IN WRITING, AS A WARNING TO OTHERS!!

That said… I’m praying Priceline dot com is much more empathic to our needs than the staff and owners at this particular Travelodge. Please know that this letter is being carbon copied to the Better Business Bureau, the Waco Chamber of Commerce, Priceline dot Com, and to Travelodge Headquarters. I would love for the human resources department at Travelodge use the video surveillance tape as a tool for what NOT TO DO and/or BEHAVE while representing their trademark/name/hotel!!!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Lake Jackson, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2010

Can't even pinpoint what the horrible smell was in the hallway!
Hairdryer did not work, when I asked if they could bring a replacement they said no they were built in. They did solve the problem by letting me go 3 doors down to dry my hair which was inconvenient! I showed the employee that the towel rack fell off the wall when I tried to dry my hands, he just hung it back on the wall and pretended that didnt happen. Last but not least!! I turned back the bedding and there were many shapes and sizes of hairs even a chunk of black hair(I have blonde)He did bring me a set of clean sheets which I had to change myself!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family

Been to Motel 6 Waco - Woodway? Share your experiences!