“Remodeled” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Woodway
Kyle, Texas
“Remodeled”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2014

I've stayed here in the past with "mixed" results. This time I found the whole hotel revamped. Very nice fresh look throughout. New lobby and all the rooms Very nice! More important was the staff seemed very friendly. Most accommodating attitude. Breakfast area was all new and the attendant there was like going to your aunt's house for breakfast. We just felt very comfortable. Really like the new vibe.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Waco South, responded to this review, September 12, 2014
Dear Jbrecher,
Thank you for reviewing your stay at the Fairfield Inn Waco South. I'm glad that you enjoyed our newly remodeled hotel and that our breakfast staff provided exceptional service! We hope to see you soon.

Mike R.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

Went here a couple of weeks ago and was pleasantly surprised. Even though some renovations were going on, our room was clean and pretty nice, plus the bed was comfortable. Staff was also friendly and helpful. All in all the hotel was nice and made for a comfortable stay. Would definitely stay again

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Waco South, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Dear Jared F,
Thank you for reviewing your stay at the Fairfield Inn Waco South. I'm glad to hear that it was comfortable and that our renovations did not interfere with it. We hope to welcome you back soon.

USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

I had to spend the weekend in Waco attending a class and as a Marriott Gold Elite member, wanted to stay at a Marriott property. This location had the lowest rate so I picked it. It's consistent with all the other Fairfield Inn properties in the Marriott brand so if you've ever stayed in one, you already know what to expect here.

There is a convenience store and gas station right next to it, so if you need to stock up before your road trip, you can easily do so. It's a clean place to rest your head for the night. I didn't use the gym or the pool so I can't comment on those, but won't hesitate to stay here again when I'm back in Waco.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Waco South, responded to this review, May 28, 2014
Dear Ilikebkk,
Thank you for your review of the Fairfield Inn Waco South. I'm glad to hear that our hotel exceeded your expectations! We look forward to hosting you on your next trip to Waco.

Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

I needed to spend a week working near Waco and found a good internet rate for a room at the Fairfield Inn Waco South. I am familiar with the Marriott chain and felt comfortable that the basics would be covered at the Fairfield. I was a bit apprehensive, as they listed construction would be underway, however, these concerns were quickly put to rest. The staff at this location were quite friendly and helpful with restaurant recommendations as well as with requests about the room. A slight issue with a stopped up toilet was quickly addressed, as was a request to look at an air conditioner that was working but I preferred a lower temperature...

I used two different rooms and found both to be quite comfortable. I would recommend a king bed room, as it seems a bit more spacious than the room with two queen beds (I was alone and didn't need the second bed... same rate). I would also recommend a room on the back side of the hotel. I stayed in rooms on either side and although I didn't notice any noise (air conditioner running all night masked almost any outside noise), I believe the back of the hotel would be quieter as it faces a bank which is closed at night.

Overall, I think that if you are looking to spend under $90 per night, the Fairfield is an excellent choice. They offer complimentary breakfast every morning. My departures were always before the breakfast started, but they always had coffee out as well as fruit. They even offered me a bag with fruit and water to take on early mornings. The lounge area is quiet (mostly) and comfortable. Free wireless is offered, as well as a paid upgrade. I did all I wanted on the free service, no need to upgrade (even uploaded photos to the cloud).

If you are looking for luxury, this isn't really the place. If you are looking for comfort, value and a friendly staff, you should find what you are looking for at the Fairfield Inn Waco South.

Room Tip: Back side of the hotel should be quieter, although no real issue with the front side (stayed on both...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Waco South, responded to this review, May 7, 2014
Dear Lynn B,
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Fairfield Inn Waco South. I'm so glad to hear that our staff was able to quickly fix any issues that you had and that our renovations didn't interfere with your stay. We hope that you will be able to come back and stay once our remodel is completely finished!

Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

I stayed here for one night and I was worried at first because I received an email from the hotel telling me they were under construction after I booked. They did a good job of blocking off the wing where they were doing construction and I did not notice it during my stay; there was very little dust and I didn't hear any work being done.

My room was newly renovated, nicely decorated, and a very comfortable bed. I think once the renovations are done, the hotel could be a 4 rather than just a 3. Service was great, and I even got a scratch off card for bonus Marriott Rewards points--and won 500 points!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Waco South, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Dear Courtney F,
Thank you for your review of our hotel. I'm glad to hear that you were pleasantly surprised with your stay. We work really hard to make sure our renovations do not interfere with our guests, and I'm happy to know that we are achieving that. Please do come back and see us when our renovations are finished, if not before!

Flower Mound, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

This hotel was fantastic, much much better than we expected. We arrived about 8pm on a cold, rainy Friday night. The front desk clerk was very pleasant and accommodating, the check in process was quick and efficient, she placed us on the second floor away from any possible traffic noise from the freeway. They had the forethought to turn up the heater in our room, so we walked into a welcome blast of warm air, which was wonderful after being cold all day! Right when we walked in, the front desk called up to make sure everything was acceptable and offered to bring us some hot chocolate! The first night, about 3 am, I was awakened by noises from the room above us, I called the front desk and the noises stopped within 15 minutes! The room was very clean and nicely decorated, the beds were comfortable, I have nothing but accolades for this wonderful hotel. We were in town for a horse show at the Extraco Events Center, and we found this hotel very conveniently located for that facility! We had a horse trailer with us and had no trouble parking in the lot. I would highly recommend this hotel for any travelers in Waco! 5 star service for less than $100 per night!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Waco South, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Dear Cassidimccollum,
Thank you for your review of the Fairfield Inn Waco South. I'm glad that my staff was successful in making your stay memorable. I appreciate you recommending us to others! Please don't hesitate to come back and see us on your next trip to Waco.

Southlake, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

This Marriott property was a pleasant surprise on a busy night, with the hotel full of Baylor Univ. vs. Oklahoma Univ. football fans. We were accommodated even though most hotels full that night. Service was typically Marriott efficient and pleasant. Even though our room was the first room on the first floor, between the pool, lobby and breakfast area, it was quiet and cool. This is a clean hotel and an excellent value. Included breakfast is better at this location than many Marriotts, I enjoyed a toasted bagel and eggs. Good coffee, and took one to go. Thanks Fairfield Woodway, for a good night sleep.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Waco South, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Dear Geo H,
Thank you for sharing your kind words with others. I'm so happy that you enjoyed your time with us, especially our complimentary breakfast. Please come back and see us again soon!

Mike R.

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Waco South? Share your experiences!