“Very good bargain” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Home Suites Winnie

Save Saved
You added Home Suites Winnie to your Saves list
Home Suites Winnie
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   134 Spur 5, (I-10 at FM 1663, Exit #829), Winnie, TX 77665-7367 (Formerly Studio 6 Winnie)   |
Ranked #3 of 8 hotels in Winnie
Englewood, Colorado, United States
“Very good bargain”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

This hotel is clean, comfortable, well-managed, and reasonably priced. I stayed here for several days while on a birding trip to High Island and found it to be very satisfactory. My room had a kitchenette including refrigerator, stove, sink, microwave, coffee maker, and a few cooking utensils, so I was able to prepare simple meals in my room. Staff was friendly and accomodating.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
NSR-HomeSuites, Owner at Home Suites Winnie, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Thank you so very much for your kind review. I am delighted you had a comfortable stay here at the Home Suites in Winnie.

I understand this was a good season for bird watching and I hope you enjoyed sightings of many beautiful species. God Bless our planet.

31 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
sugarland, tx
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

I was on a business trip and needed a hotel room for a 3 nights stay. There are some fancy hotels in this city but I was on a limited budget and decided to try this hotel. The price was good and the service excellent. The rooms were very nice and the best thing I liked is they have a kitchenette where you can cook food. They also have utensils you can use including plates and cups. A full size refrigerator comes in handy if you are in for a longer stay. The continental breakfast includes pastries and fruits which are quite filling. I look forward to staying at this hotel on my next trip.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Las Cruces, New Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Welcoming staff and a pleasant stay. I really liked the people so it makes me feel bad to criticize but this is a place that seems understaffed and a little shabby. I arrived late in the evening and left early in the morning but only ever saw two staff. The refrigerator was set too cold and my lunch meat froze. The burners on the stove didn't work right. I could have asked for help with them but when I am tired all I want is to be left alone. The staff was helpful when I spoke with them.

Room Tip: They put me on the ground floor near a window so I could see my vehicle if needed.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
NSR-HomeSuites, Owner at Home Suites Winnie, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Thank you for posting your review on my hotel. I wish you had called. We at the home suites are 100% committed to doing all we can for our guests. The stoves have an additional knob that has to be turned before they come on. This is a safety feature. As for being understaffed, there is nothing more I would like than to create jobs for my community, unfortunately one doesn't always get to do what one likes.

The point about the fridge being too cold is well taken. Thank you for bringing that to my attention. That procedure will be rectified and implemented right away.

Wishing you restful nights wherever your travels take you.
Grand Prairie, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

this hotel has a lot going for it, especially the price, and i was surprised how clean and nice the rooms were and at a bargain. the staff was friendly and warm and the owner treated us if we were long lost friends coming to visit. the kitchenette allow us to prepare meals that even saved us more.it was fully stocked with dishes, pans, dishes, glasses and silverware. so it was like right at home. plenty of places to eat near by. so even if you are a little further away it worth the drive. i would recommend this place to anyone who wants a safe. comfortable place to stay

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
York, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

This hotel is as good or better than any of the larger chains such as -Days Inn, Super 8, Holiday Inn Express, La Quinta etc, which I stayed in during a 3 week trip around Texas, and it offered the best price and value of all.

It is super clean, very comfortable and welcoming. My kitchenette room had all the facilities I needed, including full sized fridge and freezer, 2-ring halogen hob cooker, microwave, toaster and coffee maker. The TV had plenty of channels to choose from, and there was good free wifi in the room.

It was very spacious, with room for a small kitchen table, office desk, sofa, and dressing table. Contrary to other reviews the air-con was excellent, as were the fixtures and fittings.
The king sized bed and linen were good quality, and I slept very well every night Towels too were good quaility, and any used were changed daily, both in the bathroom and kitchen by the housekeeping staff. It felt like you were coming back to a new room every time.

It is ideally located for visiting birders, being only 20-30mins drive from High Island and Annuhauc- Sabine and Bolivar flats. The simple continental breakfast of pastries, apples and coffee is served from 06.30-09.30 in case you havent had time to cook, or cant wait to get birding!

The owner/manageress Neeta was very friendly and welcoming, and always present to offer help or advice.This establishment is a credit to her hard work and professionalism.
When I return to the area, I will, without hesitation stay at the hotel again- it does "what it says on the tin" and feels like home very quickly, and I can highly recommend it

Room Tip: I contacted Neeta via the hotel`s own website regarding my room selection, and she was happy to help...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
NSR-HomeSuites, Owner at Home Suites Winnie, responded to this review, April 21, 2013
Oh my God! With tears of gratitude rolling down my cheeks, I thank you for this fabulous review.

Thank you for bringing such positive and happy energy to my hotel. It turns all our hard work into pure joy.

I am delighted that your trip to the United States was enjoyable and your stay at the Home Suites in Winnie was comfortable. We would love to be of service whenever your travels brings you back to SouthEast Texas.

Cheers.
Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

The room was clean and comfortable. We could tell that the rooms were being cleaned and swept daily. If one thing could be improved on it would be the breakfast selections. The good part is that with the price of the room you can afford to buy breakfast out.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Beaumont, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

It's quiet and everything one needs for travel and a nice diversion is nearby. The room was clean and there were no issues with anything. If I needed anything, the staff was always helpful and resourceful. I suggest this place to anyone for short or long-term needs.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Been to Home Suites Winnie? Share your experiences!