“needs tlc” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Home Suites Winnie

Save Saved
You added Home Suites Winnie to your Saves list
Home Suites Winnie
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   134 Spur 5, (I-10 at FM 1663, Exit #829), Winnie, TX 77665-7367 (Formerly Studio 6 Winnie)   |
Ranked #3 of 8 hotels in Winnie
Jeanerette, Louisiana
“needs tlc”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

good location, perfect for extended stay, has enough of kitchen to make due, very clean property inside and out....this place could use some TLC and updating....

Room Tip: corner rooms are much bigger are suites, back side would of course be quieter, but front rooms have...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
NSR-HomeSuites, Owner at Home Suites Winnie, responded to this review, January 26, 2013
Thank you Ms. Jeanerette for your feed back. I have taken your suggestion to heart and spent the last 5 months updating the rooms and the exterior. Please see photos of the updates: New lighting and mirrors in bathrooms, new bedding, rooms freshly painted, pool re-plastered. Of course there is more to be done and I will continue to do so.

Most importantly, I've added continental breakfast ever morning.

Please come back, see and give me your opinion.

31 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Lufkin, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

we had a great experience with this hotel, its staff, management, they were very helpful, kind, and professional........... the kitchenette is a great value to me , and the price with kitchenette, to me is unheard of near this area.......... i was shocked when i saw the price , booked it quickly , the room was clean, bathroom clean, hotel in general clean , the pool is very safe ( not big but has non slip material all around it) there is plenty of room to walk pets and i saw people using this well manicured "yard" for taking pictures, playing sports, walking animals, in general it is a great value and we thought it was a great little hotel............

Room Tip: great restaurants around ( AL=Ts is awesome, we already knew that!) dennys, mcdon., etc.. several c...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your kind words. My entire staff works hard to keep the property nice and pleasant and updated while keeping our prices low. We take pride in being able to provide the great value that guests like you and several of our other guests have come to appreciate.
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2011

I have stayed at this motel around three times and would certainly recommend it. Great location, Clean, Friendly staff, Reasonably priced. During summer time a dip in the pool alone makes it so worth it. Really enjoyed my stays.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
Thank you for making the effort to write this nice review. It is very motivating to me and my staff to continue to strive hard to give our guests a nice pleasant stay with us.
Seguin, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2009

We were looking for low-cost, but decent, lodging on the way to Disney World that would allow four adults in beds and two small children on the floor in sleeping bags. Every hotel in the area claimed we had too many people for one room, but Studio 6 didn't even ask about children, so we figured why not? We didn't expect luxury from a Studio 6, but we did expect a decent room at a decent price. (We paid $112.00 for one night here.)

I don't know what the original configuration of the room was, but it was certainly a strange-shaped thing now. The air-conditioner was stuck off in an alcove, and had a tough time cooling the entire room. The chairs at the table had heavily stained upholstry. The beds were comfortable enough, and the room clean, but overall was an air of seediness that was disappointing.

I didn't expect much...and that's just what I got. I'll pass on this one next time.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
Even though this review is for a former owner when this hotel used to be a Studio 6, I would like to thank you for your valuable feed back and apologize on the former owner's behalf. If you are ever in the Winnie area, I would like to invite you to stay with us and see for yourself how things have changed under the new name and ownership.

Been to Home Suites Winnie? Share your experiences!