“Great venue for the right act...” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 3 attractions in Winnie
Type: Arenas/ Stadiums/ Fields
Attraction Details
Bridge City, Texas
“Great venue for the right act...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

This was my first trip to Nutty Jerry's. The location is "out there". I live about 30 miles away so the travel isn't a big deal. I don't think I would want to see a hugely major act there, it's just not the size or type of venue for that. Nutty Jerry's is the right size for the right acts and still gives a "concert feel". We saw BB King on 1\18\14 (I'm looking for the right place to write a review of the concert. I've seen The King several times and will always love his music, but, "the thrill is gone"), and enjoyed the concert set up.
Expect long lines for food and beverages, which is par for just about any concert I've ever attended. The "roaming" beverage girls do help, but have limited selections of beverages in their trays (by the way girls, not trying to be mean, do some situps). I think they could have 20 more beer stands and there would still be lines. The only way to ease the pain of standing in line for 23 min. for a bottled water is to BYOB. That will never happen here and I've only been to a handful of venues that allow it.
I received tickets for General Admission in the bleacher section for a Christmas present (thanks again E&H). Get in line early for good, close to the action seating. The bleachers were comfortable and roomy enough for a prolonged concert, but I would suggest paying a little more for table seats. My back is a little sore from the wooden bleacher seat. My age may attribute to this though.
Over all, our experience was good and we will be returning in the future. I watched the place being built on drive by's and definitely thought whoever was building it was " Nutty", but, I'm very glad it was.

Visited January 2014

“Country Western Style love it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

If you want to go to a up scale go to Houston Toyoto or Relient Center.i have been twice and enjoyed myself it is all in what you like and the attitude you take when it comes to enjoyment. Before you purchase tickets they tell you General Admission is standing room. You should not expect anything else. VIP is the floor with tables and chairs. They were very nice and patience with customers being rude because they miisunderstood. One concert I brought to the group canceled and it was no problem getting our money back. So everyone have their own opinion but fond bash the place because you had a bad experience.

Visited January 2014
Valrico, Florida, United States
3 attraction reviews
“sound not to good”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Sound at this venu is not so good i left after the show with a major headach and wondered if i would ever come back i wont be back i dont think unless major changes with this place

Visited November 2013
Spring, Texas
“DO NOT GO TO NUTTY JERRYS FOR A CONCERT!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

This is not a normal venue & they lead you to believe that VIP is something that it is not. When we bought our tickets to see Bret Michaels we got the VIP, we were told that the VIP section was only 10 rows back from the stage & during the concert the first 10 rows have to remain seated, which was not the case & that we would have our own personal waitress providing us with food & drinks. We had to flag a waitress down because there was only 2 to serve the entire venue & once she did get to our table the only thing that the waitress served was beer, $4.00 canned beer, hot at that. Of course the concert was great but that had nothing to do with the venue. The people at Nutty Jerrys are extremely rude & give out misconceptions on what the VIP tickets are. As we were leaving my girlfriend had a bottle water in between her arm & one of the employees grabbed it out of her arm & said you cannot leave with that. I will not go back to Nutty Jerrys no matter who is playing in concert. It is a very poorly ran venue

Visited June 2013
Houston, TX
19 attraction reviews
“Upscale Texas roadhouse”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

No idea what to expect but was pleasantly surprised on recent outing to watch the Steve Miller Band. Didn't want to face driving back to Houston post concert so we got a room nearby. Dinner at Al T's Cajun Restaurant, all very close.
Sign at door states doors will open at 7 pm, but no guarantee when band will take the stage. Was expecting a warm up band, but no, Steve Miller and company walked on promptly at 8 pm and started playing!
Restaurant inside is closed, and there are apparently mechanical bulls and such upstairs.
Long lines for beer and there were waitresses around although none came to our table. No worries, still had a great evening.

Visited July 2013