“Very friendly owners and charming inn.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Wimberley Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Wimberley
Wimberley Inn
You added Wimberley Inn to your Saves list
200 Ranch Road 3237, Wimberley, TX 78676   |
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Wimberley
Houston, Texas
“Very friendly owners and charming inn.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

My husband and I spent four nights at this Inn in historic Wimberley. This is a very characteristic small town and the Inn is very slightly out of the centre, but still within walking distance (as long as you are careful as there isn't a pavement).

The owners are not native Texans but are very friendly and will give you some interesting information and good tips on places to eat and visit locally.

The accommodation is arranged in rooms (about 18) all on ground level around a garden with decking areas dotted around. There is no breakfast during the week, but a small and perfectly adequate meal of cereals, boiled eggs, English muffins to toast and jams, together with coffee and orange juice is offered on Saturdays and Sundays. The best part about breakfast is the dining room which is lovely and sunny with a deck and overlooking the garden. The rooms are also more expensive at weekends.

On the whole, I think the Inn offers value for money and I would stay here again. We stayed in a standard room as the better rooms were taken. Our room had a king sized bed which was comfortable but I found the foam topping too warm. The over the bath shower (like a shower attachment) had a mind of its own and did not stay in one position but it was ok. The toiletries were not very nice, especially the soap, but I brought my own for the shower. Being European, we like a duvet with a cover (comforter) and really do not like a top sheet and blanket but that was our biggest disappointment.

The parking is very well arranged just outside the rooms. The majority of guests are attending weddings - some their own! Good job, Wimberley Inn!

Room Tip: There is no swimming pool or fitness centre.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Colorado/Wyoming
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

If you put a premium on cleanliness and attention to detail, Wimberley Inn is the place for you. This is not just a motel but more like a home away from home for travelers. The welcoming staff show interest in their customers and are very helpful with any questions you may have. And, being on the Southern Tier cross-country bicycle route, they do special favors for touring cyclists. The rooms are clean, quiet and cozy, and the landscaping is beautiful. A great value at an excellent price.

Stayed October 2013
Helsinki, Finland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

WI is a lovely, friendly and neat hotel where we could have been staying a lot longer than planned - unfortunately our schedule didn't give us a chance to do it. (As we spent only one day in one place :)

Immediately when we arrived at the front yard, we liked WI! The garden and the parking lot was beautiful, cozy and tidy.

The check-in was located in a big house where the owners, a 50-year-old couple, also lived.

We arrived there at 9 p.m., and were warmly welcomed. We got instantly well along with the couple because of their hearty and genuine attitude! We chatted with them a long time.

The couple wanted to hear more about the Lonely Planet (LP) review we had been reading (about this place). They got very glad having been able to copy the page from our LP Texas book :)

The room was nice and modernly decorated. The bed was soft and we slept well, indeed. (Double room: 89$.)

As I forgot my charger, adapter and swimsuit at WI, and told them about it by e-mail home in Finland, they sent me all those things back home to Finland!

I truly recommend this place to all of you !!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I stayed at this delightful Inn for three nights. The lovely and well - maintained grounds were pretty even in late August in central Texas! The atmosphere there was very peaceful and serene. I especially loved the soothing sounds of the fountain in the main deck area. The bed was very comfortable and the crisp sheets were welcoming after long days. I loved everything about the Inn - it is so Wimberley - and aptly named! However, what made the stay so memorable and special for me was the Innkeepers, Dan and Denese. They were very accommodating and helpful, and all the restaurants they recommended were excellent and did not disappoint. Their genuine and friendly hospitality was very refreshing to me in a hard season of my life. I enjoyed breakfast in their sunny dining room, it was tasty, healthy, and satisfying. Everything about my stay there was refreshing, restful and enjoyable! I will not only return, but also recommend it to fellow travelers heartily!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

My son and 3 other guest set out to explore the blue hole swimming area. We pucked wimberley inn bc of the location and the value. We had never been to Wimberleyand had heard great things about it. From the moment of calling the Inn to cobfirming our reservation by email, the service was awesome. The staff couldn't have been any nicer and helpful. Our rooms were super clean and comfortable. They did serve breakfast but wasn't to excited about selection. My son didn't eat any of it...bc he claimed it was grown up food. Lol. Yes it was. I ate..the blue hole area was gorgeous, water cold, grounds and park ,perfect. The shops in the square were some what disappointing. I didn't really care for any of it . Fredricksburg was much better for the shopper at heart. We decided in all, that we came , we saw, we'd probably never come back. Even though they mentioned a discount upon returning. ..
if the inn had, had a pool we would have really really loved it. They should consider a pool. It was 100 degrees or more this weekend. I'd recommend staying here for sure if you plan on exploring Wimberley.

• Stayed September 2013
greater houston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

I have been staying here while our home is being completed. It has allowed me a unique perspective on the Wimberley Inn. D&D and Martha work to make everyone feel at home. They are willing to help you find things to do, make you comfortable for one night or 3 weeks. The rooms are kept clean and the beds are comfortable. A continental breakfast is served on the weekends. It is centrally located, quiet, and priced competitively. I see many families and couples come and go during the week for girls' weekends; swimming at the Blue Hole; hanging out on the several nearby rivers; and visiting family in the area. I also see the other end from their perspective and I am always amazed at their patience and courtesy even when the situation does not warrant it from them. They will make sure you are safe after coming home from Inoz; offer up high chairs for the toddlers; and invite you in for TV in the evening. D works daily maintaining the grounds and the rooms, along with housekeeping. They take their business seriously and genuinely want their guests to enjoy their stay.
When looking for a place to stay, I often consult trip advisor and try to keep in perspective the reason for each review; many I take with a grain of salt. However, I thought it necessary to add another review to help keep a balance of perspective...

Room Tip: The ones nearer the main house have internet in rooms. You can also always have internet in the mai...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Houston, TX
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

Don't agree with the very positive reviews, but it wasn't terrible. The rooms would be $45 if the place wasn't in Wimberley. I agree that the grounds "could be" lovely "IF" they were tended to. Unfortunately, I don't think the owners can even remember the last time they raked &/or otherwise cleaned up the landscaping. The property looked run down. For $100 a night I think guests should expect a small refrigerator, microwave, etc. Especially when traveling through the Hill Country. Not here. Plain, empty & simple. Not even a lounge chair. A look around our 2 rooms & you would swear you were in an older & very mediocre motel on some interstate.
Housekeeping was good & front desk personnel pleasant, but disappointed in the property overall & wouldn't return. And despite the claims of the location being an easy walk into town, you should realize it would be about 3/4 mile on the shoulder of 2 different highways.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
blubeatle, Owner at Wimberley Inn, responded to this review, August 11, 2013
We’re sorry that you didn’t enjoy the natural beauty of our facility. We are not a typical chain hotel on a concrete slab on a highway, so we are challenged with maintaining 5+ acres of wooded hillside during a 3+ year drought. We highly encourage people who are used to staying in $45 rooms at chain motels to continue to do so.

However, if you are looking for a natural environment off the beaten path and are willing to pay a few dollars more for the peace and quiet of the country, please come stay with us. You will get your money’s worth!

And please, to those who don’t appreciate our unique setting, don’t devalue the opinion of our guests who have enjoyed their stay here. They know what we up to and appreciate the effort it takes to make this place a lovely home away from home.

Been to Wimberley Inn? Share your experiences!