“7A Ranch memiors” 5 of 5 stars
Review of 7A Ranch Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wimberley
7A Ranch Resort
333 Wayside Drive, Wimberley, TX   |
Dickinson
“7A Ranch memiors”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2007

I have read the reviews others have wrote. I think they are pretentious, and terrribly overly refined. I can't slight them, since that is how too many americans are these days. What I can do is give you my opinion about my experience.
I loved it! A wonderful experience. I do not expect anything to be perfect or even near perfect (if you do, then go stay at the Hilton). The beauty of the 7A ranch and the area, is the rustic nature of such a place. You have to be a certain type of person with an adventurous spirit to enjoy it. My wife and I are such people. We can stay at home to enjoy a sterile, citified atmosphere. If you want to get away and enjoy the pleasures of camping in one of the most beautiful areas in Texas, coupled with some really excellent amenities, then the 7A ranch is for you!
'nuff said! I am making reservations right now!!

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed January 2003, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

42 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
San Antonio, TX
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2007

My four kids and I just got back from a weekend at the 7A. We didn't expect it to be luxurious. We camp regularly and certainly aren't afraid to get dirty. Unfortunately, this place is beyond a little dirty. It was absolutely filthy. I mean "sticky floors, moldy showers, used band-aids under the beds" disgusting My wife was enjoying a "ladies weekend" and it was a good thing. She would have run screaming from the place in about two minutes had she been along.
Truth be told, I really wanted to like this place. It is a throwback to the way families used to vacation. In fact, if you look closely at these reviews, you will see very positive ones from people who came here when they were kids and are returning with their children. I would suggest that their memories are blinding them to the current reality of this place. It is one thing for facilities to be dated. It is another thing entirely for them to be repulsive. I wonder how they stay in business with these standards.

Stayed October 2007
houston
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2007

The only thing missing at this dive was Jason with his hockey mask and chainsaw! This place is a first rate dump-We actually would not stay here again if it were free lodging! Roaches, trash everywhere, cigarette smoke stains everywhere. Just take a look at the staff- that should scare you away if anything-Straight out of "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre." What the heck were we thinking staying here!!! Trust us- stay away-Stay very far away!!!!

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2007

I look forward to visiting 7a Resort every summer. My family has made it tradition since 1989. The cabins are stone and each is unique. They are spread throught the grounds and almost all of them have a great view of the beautiful Blanco river. This is not a fancy resort, so do not come here with that expectation. It is a very relaxed camping type atmosphere, and thats what brings us back every summer. There is plenty to do at the resort. The pioneer town is great for taking a stroll, geting some ice cream and taking in a bit of history at the Cowboy museum. They also have a great swimming pool, but who needs that when you have the Blanco River a few steps away. The access to the river is awesome, there is low water crossing bridge, rapids and deeper ares for snorkling. Don't forget your tubes!

Stayed August 2007
Houston
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2007

We have stayed here before and it was ok the river was very low. This year the river was perfect but the rooms were very bad we had 4 other families vacationing with us and had booked 4 cabins. When we walked in our cabin the cigerette smoke ran us out. I found dirty underware on the self and smashed cookies on top of the refrigerater. The nice staff provided me with bleach and sprays. So I had to clean the A/C filters and coils to get rid of the smell. The floors were sticky so don't take your shoes off. The shower drains real slow. The other couples cabins were the same a roach was in one of the kids hair the next morning. Another cabin had to mop up the floor after there toilet overflowed and the maintaince man pulled a spoon out. We all left early. It seemed like a nice place for kids. We couldn't wait to take a shower when we got home. I know of 4 families that will not go back.

• Liked — The river
  • Disliked — The cabin
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Round Rock, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2007

We just spent the weekend at 7A Resort and had a wonderful weekend! The cabin in which we stayed had a back porch which faced the river (you could hear the river from bed in the morning). The cabin was clean and comfortable with multiple beds and a small bathroom with a shower. Our cabin had a bbq grill, frig, oven and cooktop -- thereby allowing us to cook and grill at our leisure. The cabin had a wonderful AC unit which could quickly cool the cabin and remove the humidity -- and allow comfortable sleeping at night. The resort staff was courteous and helpful and interested in the needs of its guests.

With respect to the resort property, exploring opportunities are in abundance! We had a wonderful, relaxing weekend walking in the river, canoeing down the river, swimming in the pool, playing on the playgrounds, building a campfire, chasing the fireflys, roaming through Pioneer Town and visiting the museums located on the property.

7A Resort is a wonderful family vacation / family get-a-way destination. We will be making reservations to go back in the fall and are encouraging our friends and family to go to as well.

• Liked — View of the river, comfortable room, huge property to explore with children, ability to cook/grill (if we wanted to)
  • Disliked — N/A
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Houston
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2006

I hate to be the fly in the ointment here, but we had one of the worst vacation experiences here last month. I use to come here as a child and remembered it fondly. We booked a larger cabin for our family. When we got there, the place was soooo dirty. The stove top looked like it hadn't been cleaned in ages. There was dirt on the baseboards and and inch of dirt around the back window . The flooring was very old and dirty looking. Very old furniture. I started wiping everything down, but when I went into the bathroom and found feces on the rim of the toilet I told my huband we had to leave. Not the resort's fault, but due to drought the river was extremely low. You could see trash just hanging on the rocks. Also not the mngmt's fault, but when we went to get things out of our car, the smell of marijuana came wafting from the cabin next to us.
Fortunately, the management came to look at the cabin, apologized, and refunded our money. By the time we had packed up, it was too late to find something in Wimberly. We found a hotel on the outskirts of San Marcos. With the river so low we just decided to head back to Houston the next morning.

Stayed July 2006

Been to 7A Ranch Resort? Share your experiences!