“Excellent” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

I've eaten a lot of barbecue in Texas. These are by far the Best brisket tacos in Texas. Don't judge the small trailer and think it's amateur. These guys know how to cook!

The desserts are excellent and homemade also.

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

“Surprised!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

This little roadside oasis has its act together. I was too late for breakfast in one of the restaurants in town, so I decided to finally satisfy my curiosity and stopped in on my way back home for a breakfast taco. I tried a breakfast taco with eggs and bacon, cheese and pico de gallo... righteous is the word that came to mind - generous portions of fresh made ingredients, everything was just right. The bacon was something special - little slabs of meat, no fat to be found, but 100% bacon all the way. It was a revelation. Needless to say I had to have another. I will be ordering a plate next time - can't wait!

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Wimberley, Texas
“You gotta try it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

I'm in love with the chicken plate at this little treasure of a food trailer in Wimberley! Especially if you are a resident of this heavenly town, take advantage of this option for a weekly family meal. I have figured out that I can stop and pick up Ruffino's delicious meat and half my dinner battle is taken care of. Friendly service, awesome music while you wait, and the price is right! Ruffino's rocks!

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Weslaco, Texas
“Definitely worth a stop”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

This was my second time to this food trailer. Both times I ordered the brisket taco, loaded with lots of brisket, pico de gallo and cheese, as they should be (not the regular boring meat and sauce taco). I also got the sausage taco this time, also loaded. Both were excellent and a great value for the amount of food. The brisket was by far the stand out though. Very tender and flavorful. Anxious to try their breakfast tacos now.

• Visited October 2013