“Much better than others say” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Description: (512) 842-2800
Description: (512) 842-2800
Bozeman, MT
“Much better than others say”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I am not sure why this place has some bad reviews. Almost scared us away but it looked nice so we stopped. Very nice place appearance-wise. Maybe close to the road for perfection but a good 300 yards away. Waitress was friendly. Prices very reasonable. Beer selection fine. Food was fine too. Not remarkable but certainly good enough Tex-Mex. Seemed clean too.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

“Take it all in”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

Milagros has improved dramatically over the years. If you are in wimberly I would suggest eating there and here's why. The food is good, the service Is good, and the ambiance outside is good. In Wimberly restaurants can be hit or miss. This one hits on a consistent basis. The green sauce the serve with tortilla chips is great. The fajita chimichanga is great and the chile relleno is great. Most everything else is good. Try the micro brewery next door and you have a fun experience. Well be back to Milagros .

Visited May 2013
“Flavorless, tasteless, or way to spicy.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

food not that tasty. I visited one year when Gov. Perry's wife was there giving a speech, the food that day was fantastic, not since then.

Austin, Texas
“Bad, Bad, Bad!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

The food is horrible and the restaurant is falling apart. The fajitas were recommended by a friend. I thought they were really pathetic. You can chew the beef for an hour and still you aren't ready to swallow. They claim Mexican fare. If you like Mexican food from an institution you will not be disappointed here. I recommend frozen Stouffer's Mexican food above this. Enough said...

• Visited October 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Dallas, Texas
“Milagro's- with an emphasis on "gross"”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

I'm not sure if we're just spoiled with good Mexican food in Dallas, but Milagro's was a terrible Tex Mex experience. My husband and I were in Wimberley celebrating our Anniversary and decided to spend our last night, Saturday night, at Milagro's for dinner. Our first clue should have been that it was Saturday night and the place was fairly empty.

First things first, we received our menus. Now, I've never understood the importance of wiping off menus at restaurants until now. Both of our menus were FILTHY and I mean filthy. Food was all over them. Gross.

Then the waitress served us chips and salsa- two salsas, one red and one green cream. The green cream salsa was extremely watery and we couldn't even tell what it was supposed to be.

I decided to order a frozen margarita. Pretty typical, out of a machine frozen drink with no tasting of tequila in it.

My husband ordered the Chicken Fajitas and I ordered the Chicken Fajita Salad. The fajita meat on both of our dishes was extremely overcooked and pretty gross. The rice that came with the fajitas barely resembled rice. On my salad, half of the tortilla strips on top were soggy the other half crispy. I suspect they had the salad ready-made in the back and just threw chicken on top when it came out.

Overall it was a gross experience and I'm sad we wasted our last night's dinner at Mila-GROSS. It's a shame because this place has great potential- given that the views and patio are beautiful- but the food and cleanliness will keep people away!

• Visited April 2013