“Nice romantic weekend...we will return” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Villas in the Wimberley Hills

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wimberley
Villas in the Wimberley Hills
You added Villas in the Wimberley Hills to your Saves list
13820 Ranch Road 12, Wimberley, TX 78676   |
Chino, CA
“Nice romantic weekend...we will return”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

My husbanded treated me for a weekend away for my birthday. We plan to return. We stayed in the "Hill Country Haven" cottage. It was nicely secluded, bed was very comfortable, fireplace romantic, close to town (but not too close), it was a great weekend. The only negative thing I can say is that I would have felt a bit more comfortable if there were curtains that could be used to cover the back glass door and kitchen windows. Do bring your own shampoo, body wish, etc. We did think it was a bit pricey.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Families
Solo
Business
Austin, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed here for a birthday/anniversary. Secluded, comfortable, great food, great massages, great service! There's a fireplace, full kitchen, comfy bed, huge tub, and the owners were very accommodating. We got the deluxe honeymoon package and it was just wonderful! I loved it!!!!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Laredo, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

The cottage matched the pictures. Would like more taken during the day but then you see the were you are in relation to roads and how far the Hot Tub is from the house. Cottage was great. Looks newly renovated and well maintaned(cleaning crew needs to look under the bed, someone left slippers). Lumber left in front but far enough away to not be noticeable. Nice to see deer and roadrunners. Not nice to see scorpion in bathroom but thank goodness only one.

" As noted in other reviews of Wimberley accommodations...the distinct sulfur-life smell emanated from the faucets when the water was initially turned on. It wasn't overwhelming as other guests have indicated...but it is noticeable. " Good supply of towels since there is a pool.
The pool looked very inviting and was well maintained. The water was crystal clear & carried a blue tint due to the color of the pool siding. We enjoyed it the first day but the temperature changed the second day and could no longer use the pool. To bad it was nice pool. Same with the hot tub.
The hot tub was located on the side of the cabin down a deck covered walk. It was also located under a tree which provided shade during day but blocked view of stars at night. Not sure where the light switch was for the outside lights. Would like more accurate pictures to see how close the hot tub is to the road. There are no trees or shrubs blocking a straight view of the Hot tub from the private road, so be nice and wave to the neighbor when they driver by. Hot tub is also well maintained and did not smell strongly of chlorine.

Overall... was a great place would rent it again. Next year only next time late September. Want to try Bella Notte next.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Katy, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

My wife & i just returned from a weekend getaway at the A Hill Counrty Haven (formerly known as the Chateau Paris). We were nicely surprised with the look of the cabin & the interior. It was definitely a cozy environment & was not what you would expect in a typical cabin. The french doors opening to the back patio deck & pool added to the overall atmosphere. The bathroom had a soaking tub & a full size shower. As noted in other reviews of Wimberley accommodations...the distinct sulfur-life smell emanated from the faucets when the water was initially turned on. It wasn't overwhelming as other guests have indicated...but it is noticeable.

The pool looked very inviting & appeared to be well maintained. The water was crystal clear & carried a blue tint due to the color of the pool siding. The weather during our stay was a bit on the cold side...so we couldn't make use of it like we might have wanted. I did brave the 60 degree or so temperatures one day to at least enjoy the pool a little during our stay. It would definitely be a nice thing to have during the warmer months in the year.

The hot tub was located on the side of the cabin down a deck covered walk. It was also located under a tree which provided shade...but also provided lots of opportunities for leaves & insects to fall into the tub. The water was also heavily chlorinated which made use of the jets pretty hard to enjoy as the fumes of the chlorine was very irritating to my wife. This was the case even with a pretty regular breeze helping to break up the fumes as they came out of the water.

Overall...it was a nice place & we wouldn't be opposed to renting it again. One thing we do want to make note of is that while they indicate that the cabin is secluded....it isn't as secluded as we would have expected or hoped. When you first enter the property from the gate...our cabin was on the left. The other cabin (Bella Notte) was in clear view when we drove from the gate to our property. Once you are at your cabins...you can no longer see or hear one another. Our cabin, however, was situated close enough to the nearby roads (not main highways) for people driving by to see into the back of the property. One of the access roads used by the next door property travels right next to the pool & hot tub (within 25-30 feet). The pool area has some bamboo type fencing around the deck to try to provide some privacy...but if someone is traveling down those roads & takes the time to look...they will see whatever is going on back there. My wife had a gawker stop his truck on the access road to get an eye fill when she happened to walk outside on the back patio topless. The hot tub is somewhat obscured by the surrounding trees...but if someone is traveling down those roads & wants to look at you...it doesn't provide much cover.

One other thing of note...one the first night of our stay (Friday)...around 1 am or so....a vehicle did travel down the road near the cabins. The vehicle came to a stop on several occasions before speeding off down the road. I'm not exactly sure what they were doing...but I wouldn't be surprised if neighborhood kids were messing around in the area hoping to catch people trying to enjoy their "private" cabins. It definitely had me on edge as I stayed up to listen to what they were up to in case they decided to get close to the cabin. On Saturday night...after returning from dinner...when we pulled up to the property...we could hear distinct sounds of laughter in the bushes to the left of the cabin. Keep in mind that there is nothing between the cabin & the road outside of some trees & brush...so there shouldn't be any reason for anyone to be there. Once we got into the cabin...I did a security check to make sure nothing had been tampered with & also did a walk around of the immediate cabin area to see if I could see or hear anything. Everything seemed in order & I didn't see or hear anyone during that walk around. The following morning I did happen upon 5-6 empty bottles of beer under the tree where the hot tub was located...but I can't say for certain whether or not those bottles were there before we got to the property or if it was left there while we were there.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Villas in the Wimberley Hills? Share your experiences!