“Great Stress Relief” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Serenity Farmhouse Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wimberley
Serenity Farmhouse Inn
You added Serenity Farmhouse Inn to your Saves list
251 Circle Dr., Wimberley, TX 78676   |
Austin, Texas
“Great Stress Relief”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2011

'Just wanted to take a minute and say thanks! I don't often stop to say thanks, but this experience was exceptional! A true getaway from the stresses of life. A really great place to spend a few nights.

The breakfast was the best in the hill country! 'Really enjoyed the relaxing massage. I found the restaurant recommendations to be "right on". The view--especially from the pool--was great.

It was just nice to "reset the clock" and find your friendly attitude. We will return!

Jim

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Hutto, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2011

This was our second stay at Serenity, and sad to report we were disappointed. Upon arrival we noticed immediately out AC was not functioning properly, which was unfortunate bc it was 100* outside and we had been on a motorcycle. Our hoipes to cool off upon arrival were dashed. We went right to the office to report it, and after both the owner (I think??) Sherry and the office lady came back, it didn't go too well. There was immediate defensiveness. We asked if there was anything available to drink and we were told she was going to the store later and could get us something. Let me preface that the last time we stayed here when we arrived we had chocolate covered strawberries, champagne, cupcakes, and cookies in our room along with bottled water. When we asked for these items this time, we were met with a blank stare and a comment that they were out because they had all been given to the "people who paid for them". I guess having that in every room changed in the last 6 months, and you have to pay for that now. She did come back later with 2 mini-cokes. Which would have been great if we drank soda.

My husband has been in the AC business for over 15 years, and it's safe to say that he knows the ins and outs of every kind of AC. Sherry kind of started to argue with hubby about why he changed the fan and cool setting to defrost the bock of ice that had formed on the AC, but she backed off even though you would tell she was skeptical as to what hubby was saying. Sherry was pretty quick to offer a refund and said we can stay or go, but she'd refund our money either way. Since it was the Sat night on Memorial Day weekend, we were pretty screwed to find anything else. So hubby was able to get the AC to limp along for the night so we were not totally miserable.

Suffice to stay we made the best of a not so great situation, but we won't be going back. Especially since we have called Sherry twice and emailed her once to ask her if she needed the c/c number to give us our refund and she hasn't gotten back with us. It seems there is no intention of refunding our money even though she offered it right away and we had to spend a less than comfortable night there. Oh, and the toilet was also broken off it's bolts. We were told that there was a "larger person" that stayed the night before and broke it, so we needed to be careful when we used the toilet. Nice.

The grounds are still nice and quiet and peaceful, but this trip kind of turned us off.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
serenityfarmhouseinn, Owner at Serenity Farmhouse Inn, responded to this review, June 6, 2011
Regarding the malfunction of the AC, I felt that I was very apologetic and immediately offered a refund whether they chose to complete their stay or leave. We were fortunate to have the AC repaired the very next morning! Not only did I process their refund on Monday, I also emailed a gift certificate for a one night stay. Any awkwardness or defensiveness perceived was probably due to the fact that we were unable to locate a repairman that day due to it being Memorial Day Weekend.

Regretfully, the loose toilet was not brought to our attention by the previous guest; however, it too was repaired the very next morning.

Serenity Farmhouse Inn is a bed and breakfast out in the country; therefore, we do not offer nor do we keep on hand any ice, snacks or other refreshments. As a courtesy, I offered them 2 cokes which I just happened to have in my personal refrigerator, but was told they did not drink sodas. I then offered to pick up whatever they preferred when I went to the store later in the day.

The comparison made between the two visits is not a fair comparison since they purchased 2 entirely different packages. We offer a variety of "packages" on different links which, over a period of time, are subject to change. The previous stay included our Valentine package.
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2011

Our stay at Serenity was amazing. From the moment we arrived, we knew this stay would be everything we hoped and more. The grounds are picture perfect, manicured lawns, towering oaks, and the quaint buildings surrounded by all the country animals complete the scene. We were immediately greeted by Adam, the friendliest, most knowledgeable concierge we have ever met. Check-in was a breeze and we were promptly escorted to our room. Serenity understands that we were there to enjoy ourselves and each others company, so staff, ever at the ready to serve, were never intrusive. Our room, apropos to its decor, was called Lovesong, and it was over the top, from the hand-ironed pillowcases to the heart-shaped jacuzzi, and we felt like kids in love all over again. Getting away from the day to day stresses and strains restored our vigor and joie d'vivre. Oh, and the food. Down home does not do it justice, but that's exactly what it reminded me of, home, except mother never brought me breakfast in bed. It was heaven. Our only regret is that our stay had to end. I honestly cannot say enough about Serenity Farmhouse Inn. Believe you me, I will be going back for another romantic get-away, which cannot be too soon. I highly recommend Serenity Farmhouse Inn to everyone.

Austin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2011

the good - nice grounds, hard bed, cute cabin

the bad - NOT romantic, did not receive fireside package as ordered, no ice, no shampoo, no tea, maintenance hammering on wall before breakfast, overcharged taxes, 15% service fee (for what?),

the ugly - roaches, frogs in pool, slimy coffee maker, cracked coffee cup, dirty tea cups
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

They are trying to sell romance and I purchased a voucher and made reservations to go on our 36th anniversary. The plan was to get there early and stay late (3PM check-in and 11AM check-out) and just hang out and take it easy.
We did not receive the fireside package that was suppose to come with the voucher (firewood, wine, fine chocolates, homemade soap, rose petals). There was a note on the door saying I could buy firewood. I asked for the wine, chocolate and other items and was brought chocolates and a very small soap. I ask again for the wine and they said they did not know where it was maybe someone went to the store to get some and was given more soap. I had brought white wine from home but there was no ice (no ice machine or even an ice tray) available to chill it with. Three hours later I let them know if the wine was not available I was planning to go buy some red wine. They told me they had the wine, then got back with me to tell me to go the the grocery store myself, bring back the receipt and they would reimburse me. Town is about 15 minutes away, so getting the wine took about 4 hours and we had to use our own gas and time to go to the store. I never got the firewood or the rose petals. So much for getting there early and just hanging out.

We went out to the pool and I put my feet in and drank some of the wine. There were three frogs on the other side of the pool splashing around. There was also algae in the pool so I did not go swimming.

We woke up in the middle of the night and my dh saw a roach on the wall - yes it was a German roach, we killed a spider and saw another garden bug.

Because of the bugs I checked the coffee maker water reservoir and it was slimy. I tried to wash it out but could not. I looked around but they did not have any tea.

Early in the morning they started hammering in the next room to install an AC unit before breakfast was even served. So much for sleeping late. When breakfast was served I explained the coffee maker problem to the hotel staff and asked if I could have a cup of coffee when she was done serving breakfast. About on hour later she brought a jar of coffee grounds.

We went to the office to turn in our receipt for the wine. At this point I noticed I was overcharged for taxes and this property's 15% service fee (for using a voucher? or what?)
We did get this straightened out but I still had not gotten a cup of coffee. I let the manager know about the coffee pot and was told it would be cleaned but I still had not had a cup of coffee. I let her know that the fireside package had not been fully delivered and that no one seemed to know what it was yet I know she sold 250 vouchers that included the package. There was no response.

We left early so I could have a morning cup of coffee. We just did not feel welcome.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2011

I went with my sister and mother for my mother's birthday and was shocked by the dilapidated stairs leading up to our room. The paint was peeling and the safety strips were falling off. On the balcony where we were supposed to enjoy a cup of coffee there were 4 rusty chairs and a table that you would never dream of sitting at. There is no shower in the room. We were promised baked goods and fruit in our room the night before so that when we got up we could have an early breakfast and hit the road. This did not happen. Instead we saw the owner smoking and looking at us like we were clueless. The one bright spot was the help and the cooks. At least they were friendly and accommodating. Needless to say, we did not stay the second night but found alternate accomodations.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
serenityfarmhouseinn, Owner at Serenity Farmhouse Inn, responded to this review, June 11, 2011
First of all, you have confused the owner with the person smoking on the porch. I walked up the path early approximately 8am and noticed the women on the porch. I then addressed one of the women and asked if there was a problem. I was then told that there was no problem; everything was taken care of. I then walked into the kitchen and was told by the breakfast team that these ladies had been promised breakfast in their room early, and this had not happened. I felt terrible about the situation, and then began to prepare a beautiful table on the porch for their convenience. The breakfast table was adorned with vintage linen table cloth, fresh flowers, and the breakfast team served a beautiful and delicious breakfast on our country porch. After breakfast, I asked the ladies what else I could do for them, apologized for the mistake, and inquired about the quality and presentation of the breakfast. They said it was great, left, and that was the last I saw of them.
I agree, I do not believe that the suite that the ladies were staying in was appropriate for ladies of this age. The women arrived later at night, which is not advised since we are out in the country. The property is beautiful, definitely not dilapidated. LoveSong (the suite discussed) is a very romantic and lovely suite. It includes a balcony with vintage (not dilapidated) patio furniture, a very large red heart shaped whirlpool bathtub - not appropriate for three single ladies, and a large four poster bed. Our website clearly has pictures of the entirety of the room with a detailed description. If these women had have been more straight forward with me, I would have been more than happy to offer them another accommodation, which would have included a shower, and been more appropriate for the occasion. I would like to suggest to future guests who are staying at upscale country inns and bed and breakfasts, that most all of the hosts I have met (including myself) are very interested and excited about pleasing our guests. I would have loved to correct this situation if I had known about the dissatisfaction and non-appropriateness of this suite for the occasion. However, I was not allowed the opportunity, and this is deeply unfortunate. So my suggestion is, do not arrive late at night when it is difficult for corrections to be made, if corrections do need to be made, please communicate with the host, so the corrections can be made and the goal of a comfortable, memorable stay can be achieved. Most hosts, especially, and including myself, are committed to please.
Fort Worth, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2011 via mobile

Fell into the trap and bought the voucher - get the crappy (not very clean) room attached to the office. Service isn't good either. We won't be staying the night. Hope a place in town has availability.

• Stayed March 2011
I honestly do not know what to say to this review. If the room was not clean, it should have been reported to me. I can assure all of our future guests that each of our rooms are extensively cleaned every morning between 11am (checkout) and 3pm (check in). Our rooms are all cute, classy, and clean. If the room was dirty, it should have been brought to my attention, and it would have been immediately corrected or a full refund would have been given. I have a question: If the room was really that bad and dirty, why was there no request for a refund or re-cleaning? Perhaps this person simply did not like the room nor being in the country -- which is ok with me, they still would have been offered a refund or another room.
BOERNE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2011

We just spent two nights at Serenity Farmhouse as a Valentine's treat for my husband and I. We were glad we had Gps to find it. But, once there, what a treat! It is about 8 miles outside of Wimberley. Sits on a hill with beautiful views. We stayed in Rose Cottage. The appointments in the room were wonderful. Antiques and period furniture, including a beautiful antique brass bed converted to a queen. It was just beautiful. They had a complimentary plate of fresh fruit in the fridge with a bottle of wine and a fresh red rose on the table. Maybe it was for Valentine's Day, but was just lovely. They even took care of special dietary requests for breakfast. The breakfasts were delivered hot on a tray to our door. Antique linens, china, etc. Just beautiful, delicious and sumptuous! It was a peaceful and delightful escape from our normal life.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Serenity Farmhouse Inn? Share your experiences!