“Perfection in the Hill Country” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Red Corral Ranch

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wimberley
The Red Corral Ranch
You added The Red Corral Ranch to your Saves list
505 Red Corral Ranch Road (County Road 113), Wimberley, TX 78676   |
Ranked #4 of 19 Wimberley B&B and Inns
Houston
“Perfection in the Hill Country”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2007

What decision could be more critical than where to have your only daughter's wedding? After investigating more places than I can remember in West Texas and the Hill Country, we chose the Red Corral Ranch. It was the starting point for the entire experience we wanted.....a relaxed atmosphere where people could take time throughout the weekend to visit with each other, to enjoy the Hill Country beauty, and to celebrate a marriage in a quiet, peaceful environment. The ranch itself is a gem hidden in the hills of Central Texas, and the staff could not have been more gracious AND professional. An unexpected benefit was all the nearby vendors recommended to us by ranch staff. Because of them, we had flowers cut fresh the morning of the wedding, tables and chairs which were delivered despite flooding creeks, and lavender soaps for all our guests handmade just across the road. We had many guests from the east coast and Canada who had never been to Texas before, and they were totally wowed by the entire experience. I've left part of my heart at Red Corral -- and can't wait to go back later this year with a group of friends to celebrate my 60th birthday.

• Liked — Everything about it was so REAL and comfortable......and beautiful.
  • Disliked — Can't think of a thing
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Cork, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2007

I have booked this venue twice for work planning retreats, and once for a personal break with my husband. The staff are so sweet and caring. They operate in a truly trusting and honest fashion. It was like staying in a friends home. The land is held sacred, the owners are committed to conservation. Our needs were met, and then some!

• Liked — the landscape
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled on business
Dallas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2007

I have Facilitated Wellness Retreats throught the Southwest and have had many lovely accomendations. However, our stay at the Red Corral Ranch was particularly good. The main lodge offered both the space for close intimate meetings and the space for participants to be alone and quiet. The wildlife blending with all the comforts of home made everyone feel like it was a bit magical. The beautiful outside labyrinth added to the magic and the spirit of this lovely place. I look forward to being there in both personal and profesional retreat again.

• Liked — The natural setting and the lodge accomendations
  • Disliked — I liked everything
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Galveston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2007

I am a member of a group of women from Houston who have been coming to the ranch for ten years, sometimes twice a year, to be in a spiritual retreat.
I have found the ranch and its owners most accommodating in providing the perfect environment to set aside our outer lives so that we may focus on our inner lives. I revel in the gracious and peaceful setting. I've watched the ranch grow in the newer buildings like the beautiful James' Pavillion or the latest delightful landscaping touches on the red barn. I love finding the new touches or surprises each time I come.
I am amazed how well the owners and managers have handled with grace, the increased business with no sacrifice of its charm. The ranch appears effortlessly serene but I know how hard the staff works to create that environment. It's truely my favorite spot in the hill country.
Susan Persons

• Liked — The beautiful setting, the gracious hosts, the great food
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled with friends
austin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2007

I have facilitated workshops at Red Corral Ranch over the past few years, and I have always been extremely happy with my experience. The most recent workshop was in February 2007. We had around 20 participants attend this 3day workshop, and it was fantastic. The RCR staff as always, were so willing to do everything that they could to create a safe and rejuvenating experience for us all. Things were set up just as I requested, the food was healthy and tasted wonderful, and the staff was friendly and sensitive to all our needs, and I always feel comfortable making myself at home here.

The rooms are absolutely beautiful, and the land is truly sacred ground.

During the 2/07 workshop, upon check-out, one of the participants locked his keys in his van. Being out in the country, it took several hours for the locksmith to arrive. RCR staff made the phone calls necessary to get the locksmith, and lovingly allowed us to stay onsite many hours past check out time. We never felt rushed to leave.

I highly recommend RCR to anyone who wants to feel relaxed and at home in a gorgeous setting.

• Liked — the beautiful land
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled on business
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2007

I have booked the Ranch at least twice for small groups; and once for
my sister's wedding. Every experience has been wonderful. Years later
friends and family still remark on their wonderful experience at the wedding. Although it was held outdoors during a particularly wet October, the grounds were lovely; and with their help we worked through mud, rain and caterers' needs - and this was before the new beautiful kitchen was built.

My small working groups spent approximately 4 days each at the Ranch.
Both raved about the accomodations and the food; but even more about the beautiful surroundings and helpful, supportive staff.

• Liked — Staying here is like falling into a comfortable, warm pillow
  • Disliked — can't think of a thing
  • Stayed March 2006, traveled on business
statewide-texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2007

Our nonprofit booked our board training and retreat at the Red Corral. It could not have been a better place to resolve conflicts and feel totally pampered and loved. The staff was interested and friendly and the food was to die for (as always). There is something about spending a few days in the retreat atmosphere "away from it all". The rooms were delightful and there were plenty of bathrooms to go around - each one unique and lovely. They even left little treats for us here and there. We will definitely be back!
Peggy Cole, ED
Hollistic Resource Management of Texas

• Liked — The food and the table at which we had our board meeting and the hospitality
  • Disliked — we had to work the whole time we were there (it was a business retreat)
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to The Red Corral Ranch? Share your experiences!