“Perfect honeymoon getaway- very relaxing!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Canyon Sunrise

Canyon Sunrise
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wimberley
Canyon Sunrise
You added Canyon Sunrise to your Saves list
13820 Ranch Road 12, Wimberley, TX 78676   |
San Antonio, Texas
“Perfect honeymoon getaway- very relaxing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2010

We are so lad to have found this hill country gem. After a wedding, all you want to do is relax and enjoy your mate. Canyon Sunrise did just this. We stayed in the Sundance cottage, which provided all the privacy we needed, great relaxation with a hot tub, pool, king size bed, and more. Our views were amazing and we got to see some wildlife too. This is the perfect place! It was clean when we arrived, and they even had music playing for us when we walked in. There is also a journal of entries from past guests that is really fun to read. If you're trying to find the perfect getaway in Texas Hill Country, Canyon Sunrise is it.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple

Families
Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Houston, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2010

My husband and I were married along the banks of the Blanco early April and I randomly found this place for our wedding escape route once we tired of the festivities. My google search totally paid off!

We stayed at the Dragonfly and it was fantastic. All of the photos on the site don't do justice to the details. This particular cabin spoke to me because it came with a private pool, hottub, bathtub built for two, and a hammock. The hammock clinched it for me since my new hubby has made it his life mission to collect one from every country south of the border. But, I digress, the kitchen is truly fully stocked with most anything you need to cook a great meal...not that I did that but it also had a wine bottle opener to suit my needs.

There is a little path that leads you through parts of the property that was covered in wild flowers this time of year. It was a very Sound of Music gorgeous hill top moment for me. I took care not to walk up on your neighbors as that might ruin the desired mood of privacy.

I would agree with the other reviewer that the company managing this place is a little ditzy. They made a few mistakes, but were very nice and corrected problems quickly.

Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2009

It was obvious the owner had worked very hard to make the cabin unique and comfortable. We stayed at the Mariposa and the pics are exactly the way the cabin looks. The views are amazing and Wimberley is a cute town. We did zipline and that was awesome. Now for the negative: When you are looking at the pics, one is missing, the bathroom. This is because it seems it was an afterthought. A stock cabinet from Home Depot and a one piece shower is what you get. UGLY!!! If you are going to advertise "luxury" you've got to make the bathroom the same. All women would agree.
Also, privacy was a little lacking. The dirt road that was next to our pool, which is screened by some trees and a bamboo fence did not completely keep the pool and any kind of special sunbathing private. Several cars drove by and some even slowed down, making it a little disconcerting. I recommend the other two cabins. One other thing, The owner should consider hiring another company to manage his cabins. For us, they made mistakes, did not return phone calls and had no customer service skills.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Canyon Sunrise? Share your experiences!