“Peace and Quiet” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Landing at Seven Coves

You added The Landing at Seven Coves to your Saves list
The Landing at Seven Coves
3.0 of 5 Condominium   |   7031 Kingston Cove Ln., Lake Conroe, Willis, TX 77318   |
Arlington, Texas
“Peace and Quiet”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for a week-long getaway during New Year's week. Our condo was spacious and nicely decorated with a full kitchen and bath with jacuzzi tub. Our balcony went right over the lake, and we loved going out in the morning and feeding the ducks right from the balcony. We drove to eat one meal out once a day and spent the rest of the time holed up in our unit.

The condo we started out in reeked of cigarette smoke so we asked them to move us the next day, which they did into another unit, still a smoking unit, but they said it was seldom used. It did smell better so we took it. They promised us an ionizer to help with the smell, but it never materialized. This was our biggest complaint of the week-- I'm sensitive to cigarette smoke and we had to go out and buy bed sheets to cover the furniture with to try to cover the smell as it permeated the furniture and bedding. We had brought our own pillows and blankets and used those instead of the ones provided. This wasn't really their fault-- we should have left once we found a non-smoking unit wasn't available. They were very accommodating about moving us to another unit, even though the new unit still smelled.

If you are bringing family here, it is very easy to hear things through the walls. Our first night the upstairs neighbor came down and told us to turn our TV down-- it surprised us because my husband was watching football in the living room, and I was asleep in the bedroom, and I didn't hear the TV, but the neighbor did. When we moved to the new unit we tried to be very careful about not turning the TV up, however we noticed that we could hear what was going on above us pretty clearly. It didn't bother us, but it might bother others.

The unit was attractively decorated-- there were some cigarette butts under our bed and some hair in our sink, otherwise it was very clean.

The bed, itself, was as hard as a rock so we didn't find it that comfortable for sleeping. We pulled out the sofa bed which was slightly more comfortable, although the bar that went across the middle was a real back killer. The sofa was very narrow so unless you are really skinny, it is hard to lay down on unless you pull it out to the sofa bed. It is also very low to the floor so getting up might be a challenge.

Despite this, we would stay here again as it was, for us, a peaceful get away. I would just make sure that we had a non-smoking unit next time.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Arlington, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

I agree with other recent reviews of the Landing at Seven Coves. My wife and I had a timeshare week about to expire, so we booked a last minute vacation here. We were looking for peace and quiet, rather than culture and entertainment, and our expectations were met. The property was not crowded. We stocked the fridge and laid low for a few days. Our 2nd floor 2-bedroom unit was clean and surprisingly nice. The bed was comfortable. The balcony over the water is a nice touch. The view was relaxing, with lots of ducks, seagulls and buzzards. It was an enjoyable getaway.

Room Tip: 2nd floor is a must... the mega-Kroger about 15 minutes away has literally everything you need!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Hockley, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

My folks bought into this timeshare back when it first opened. This was back in the 80's. I was coming up here with them, staying in a separate room, of course. I now own that timeshare, and do my friends get jealous! I may have missed 3 years in all this time, for one reason or another.

Penny and the rest of the staff are more than happy to take care of your needs. If you want to check in early, they will do what they can to help, if possible. Guests are treated just as nice and professional as us owners, and that is one good reason to stay here. In all my years of coming up here, I may have had one or two incidents which required the help of staff here, and you would be amazed at how quickly they handled it...from a water heater shutdown to a rather noisy neighbor.

I would not trade my week here for anything, and the week my family is here is Thanksgiving. If we are having Thanksgiving dinner back home in the Houston area, we are talking about a 40 minute drive! Also, it's an easy commute to and from work in Houston, if you have to work that week.

Room Tip: If you want to fish, it is much easier from the one bedroom, downstairs units. Bring your rods and...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Little Rock, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

We always like to experience relaxing different places. I'll have to say that this was one of them. The room was clean and spacious. The rooms have a balcony right off the lake. However, the water was low during the time we stayed. BUT WE SAW DUCKS!!!! We spent a couple of hours just watching and feeding them. It was strange because the seclusion was in the middle of a neighborhood. You really don't think you're going in the right direction. When I got used to that, I realized how convenient the grocery stores, shopping, etc. were because we we "inside" of a neighborhood. Only one problem - many, many bugs attracted to the light. Will definitely visit again.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Tyler, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012 via mobile

I honestly enjoyed my weekend stay at this secluded resort. Check in was fast and the front desk personell greeted me with a smile and was very friendly. I stayed in a one bedroom unit that was basically like an apartment with a full kitchen, sofa pull out, and a bathroom with a shower and jacuzzi tub. The balcony set out on the water which gave a nice view and created a relaxed atmosphere. I spent a lot of time out there just enjoying the peace and quiet. One side note to the balcony was due to it being on the water I had to chase off these harmless little flying bugs that at first looked like mosquitos. After a broom sweeping on the patio sliding doors and walls my unwelcoming friends were gone and never returned. The furniture in the unit was nice and the decorations were moderate. No flat screen television but they did have tvs in the living and bedroom area with dvd. The living area accompanied a nice size dining area and also shared a full kitchen with a bar to sit in. The appliances looked well taken care of. The unit was clean and had plenty of extra linens and extras. The one bedrooms we're on the first floor and the two bedrooms are on the second floor. Be prepared to hear your upstairs neighbors because the floors/ceilings are thin. The property grounds were clean and well maintained. Parking spaces are right outside your door which made it easier for loading and unloading. This resort charges a $44 dollar cleaning fee in addition to the nightly rate and holds a $100 security deposit until you check out. I had no problems getting back the deposit quickly. This is a nice place to stay.

• Stayed September 2012
New Iberia, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

My wife, i, sister, brother, bro-n-law went over for a visit on 8-24-12 to the location. We drove from Louisiana to Houston to take care of some business before we headed up I-45 N to the resort. We arrived around 6 pm and thought that we arrived too late to check in but in fact the staff was there. So we did our check-in for our room, the staff seem to be friendly and helpful with us.
We noticed right away how well kept the building and grounds were, so this really helped with appearance on the outside. So we stayed in building 7, with a 2 bedroom upstairs and when we got to our room, we were very impressed with the room. It was very modern looking in the things that was there in the room, flat screen tv, free Wi-fi, kitchen appliances etc,etc.
The balcony view to the lake was very inviting and we enjoyed our time out there in the mornings and evenings everyday.
To sum it all up on this resort, we would recommend this to anyone that has a family or as a couples getaway. i found this trip to be a very relaxing time to spend on the lake,

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012 via mobile

I was very happy with my stay. We arrived late and they accommodated our check in. The room was clean and comfortable. The appliances and utensils appeared to be brand new. We had plenty of towels . The view is beautiful and relaxing. The kids had a great time in the well maintained pool. The grounds were well kept and groomed. I would highly recommend this resort.

• Stayed July 2012

Been to The Landing at Seven Coves? Share your experiences!